Who knows when a treatment will come......no1's even close to a treatment.
Ignoring your scar and the scummy propecia drug are you happy with your transplanted hair, does it look good?
Progress of upcoming treatments
Collapse
X
-
I just wish I didnt have a HT. If I could go back I'd shave my head to a #1 and wait until a treatment comes. Then I'd have no scar and no effects of that scummy drug propecia :PKiwi and Depressed by Hairloss,
I am kinda in the same boat. I have been on Propecia for a long time now. Unfortunately I feel like the positive effects propecia has had on me are starting to wear off. My hair really seems to be thinning now and on top of that, I am starting to experience the awful side effects. This puts me in a tough situation. Do I stop taking Propecia and run the risk of losing all my hair or stay on it for a while to try to bridge the gap before these treatments hopefully arive? I am going to wait until April to atleast see what we hear from them. I really really hope just like the rest of you that Histogen, Aderans, Follica, or even RepliCel surprise us and come out with an effective product in the next 2-3 years. Time will tell!Leave a comment:
-
-
Kiwi and Depressed by Hairloss,Sorry to hear about your side effects. I was not loosing my ability to maintain an erection but I lost my morning stiffy so I knew something was wrong. Also my libodo was actually going down hill too.
One morning I had a crazy heart pulpatation and thought '**** this, i've got 3700 average grafts so hopefully that'll see me through to either Histogen or Aderans hits the market'... So there you have it... Fingers crossed!!
I am kinda in the same boat. I have been on Propecia for a long time now. Unfortunately I feel like the positive effects propecia has had on me are starting to wear off. My hair really seems to be thinning now and on top of that, I am starting to experience the awful side effects. This puts me in a tough situation. Do I stop taking Propecia and run the risk of losing all my hair or stay on it for a while to try to bridge the gap before these treatments hopefully arive? I am going to wait until April to atleast see what we hear from them. I really really hope just like the rest of you that Histogen, Aderans, Follica, or even RepliCel surprise us and come out with an effective product in the next 2-3 years. Time will tell!Leave a comment:
-
Hi Everyone. I have been lurking for a while, in hope of finding some hope for the future.
I am really hoping for some good news come April 2012.
Treating MPB effectively, MUST be possible in todays world. And there is financial incentive to do so.
I can not be the only one, who really does not give a flying donkey's how a full head of hair can be restored in a reasonable timeframe.
Whether the "cure" be distributed to small clinics, in pills, a liquid solution, a shake, injection, inserting a micro-chip into your testicles (I may be on to something there
)... Whatever the method, whatever the cost, I will do it.
If I have to pay 5000 a year to have one tiny injection, or 50.000 for a one time thing... I don't care. I will sell my car, my flat screen, the lot.
And I truly believe most would. I know a lot of men that just don't really care, but if they had an actual option, I am sure they would.
If someone waved an actual solution in front of you (whoever it is), I will bet my bottom dollar that you would sell just about everything you own to obtain it. Well maybe not everyone, but most under a certain age would.
I am also one to believe that whoever comes up with it, will soon be lending money to the likes of Bill and Warren.
I am quite optimistic about how things are going. I am not worried about Big Pharma, or distribution concerns. Once the curing treatment gets out, we will witness the world's biggest rat race to get a piece of that pie.
There may be people getting screwed by the bigger guns, but the product will get out. It's simply too big to bury.
Now the question is... Will full heads of hair become boring when everyone has long flowing beautiful locks? I digress.
The cure is out there, and it will come. Don't you worry.Leave a comment:
-
I have been on Finasteride for 1 year and I believe it has stopped or slowed down my hair loss. As I understand it (and correct me if I'm wrong), Finasteride commonly works for around 5 years. So if one of these new treatments arrives in the next 4 years, I should be able to survivie without shaving my head and being a complete baldy.
I'm 29 now and if I can have a decent head of hair by 33 I can resume living my life normally again. That would be awesome.Leave a comment:
-
Sorry to hear about your side effects. I was not loosing my ability to maintain an erection but I lost my morning stiffy so I knew something was wrong. Also my libodo was actually going down hill too.Hey Kiwi, I totally agree with your "use it or lose it" approach that you advocated with regards to patents. Many of these companies do actually patent a chemical or a procedure that could regrow hair, yet then they sit on that patent for many years and do not do anything productive to bring a treatment using that patented chemical/procedure to fruition. Regenerx's patent for Thymosin B4 to regrow hair is a perfect example. Another is the patent for proteasome inhibitors to regrow hair, a patent which is currently held by Leo Pharmaceuticals, who bought right to that patent from Peplin. The use of proteasome inhibitors to regrow hair was initially developed by Neosil/Osteoscreen but they ran out of money to develop the treatment (also the head of this company passed away) and the company folded. Neosil/Osteoscreen really worked hard to bring their patented hair regrowth method to fruition yet when they had to sell their patent to Peplin (who subsequently then sold it to Leo Pharmaceuticals), the clinical trials were not reinstated and have not been for years now. This really frustrated the hell out of me because Neosil/Osteoscreen were almost at Phase III of clinical trials. So yeah, I totally agree with a "use it or lose it" mentality with regards to patents: a company should not be able to simply sit on a patent for many years and simply not do a damn thing to advance it to help the good of the people.
Haha, we spent all of December arguing with each other and now we finally agree on something!!! (---:
Also, on another note, I notice that you recently stopped Propecia due to side effects and I'm really tempted to do the same thing. I've noticed 2-3 bad side effects and if was so absolutely scared to death about going bald, then I would've quit that shit a long time ago. Merck claims that only like 3% of people suffer from side effects, but I really think that's absolute lie and they know it.
One morning I had a crazy heart pulpatation and thought '**** this, i've got 3700 average grafts so hopefully that'll see me through to either Histogen or Aderans hits the market'... So there you have it... Fingers crossed!!Leave a comment:
-
Damn man I hate guys like that with no hope...depressing everybody even more, hope is the best thing we can have. Hope is life, life is about hope...
I just really HOPE replicel works guys, even if I don't have the money (which I fukin don't) at least knowing that it's treatable and I could get my hair back, it's something that will get me on.
If replicel doesnt show good results on march, we will be....at least I....in severe depression.
Damn medical science hasn't cured anything important...i have a chronic disease besides balding and guess what because it doesnt kill me nobody gives a RAT ASS about a cure....same with balding however THERE IS MUCH MUCH PROFIT in a cure of balding, INSTANT CASH FLOW ! no point in milking it too long....IMO. Just get your billions and move on ....dont milk trillions in 100 years ....
Anyways I think im talking out my arse.Leave a comment:
-
Hey Kiwi, I totally agree with your "use it or lose it" approach that you advocated with regards to patents. Many of these companies do actually patent a chemical or a procedure that could regrow hair, yet then they sit on that patent for many years and do not do anything productive to bring a treatment using that patented chemical/procedure to fruition. Regenerx's patent for Thymosin B4 to regrow hair is a perfect example. Another is the patent for proteasome inhibitors to regrow hair, a patent which is currently held by Leo Pharmaceuticals, who bought right to that patent from Peplin. The use of proteasome inhibitors to regrow hair was initially developed by Neosil/Osteoscreen but they ran out of money to develop the treatment (also the head of this company passed away) and the company folded. Neosil/Osteoscreen really worked hard to bring their patented hair regrowth method to fruition yet when they had to sell their patent to Peplin (who subsequently then sold it to Leo Pharmaceuticals), the clinical trials were not reinstated and have not been for years now. This really frustrated the hell out of me because Neosil/Osteoscreen were almost at Phase III of clinical trials. So yeah, I totally agree with a "use it or lose it" mentality with regards to patents: a company should not be able to simply sit on a patent for many years and simply not do a damn thing to advance it to help the good of the people.
Haha, we spent all of December arguing with each other and now we finally agree on something!!! (---:
Also, on another note, I notice that you recently stopped Propecia due to side effects and I'm really tempted to do the same thing. I've noticed 2-3 bad side effects and if was so absolutely scared to death about going bald, then I would've quit that shit a long time ago. Merck claims that only like 3% of people suffer from side effects, but I really think that's absolute lie and they know it.Leave a comment:
-
His point is that the search for a MPB cure is driven by the profit motive (as fostered by the patent system). Otherwise a MPB cure would have be funded by public expenditures, which many people would object to as a frivolous waste of money on a cosmetic issue.Leave a comment:
-
I don't agree. Patents don't stop companies from making products. Patents stop more then one company making products.But patents are the reason someone is investigating about MPB in the first place.
It is a cosmetical issue. The only reason they are pursing this is because it's a "disease" that mostly affects old males (probably rich and white). If this was a social problem, Cuba would had started to find a cure
Can you imagine the uproar if public money went to this?
Anyway its a complicated and furious debate - I work in the Open Source world and run a successful business and I have pure capitalist beliefs (i.e. not anything like what america is). Go figure.
The mission here is to push companies to help make solutions with MPB. Thats it.
Also I dont' see why public money would or should go into and I don't see what public money has to do with patents.Leave a comment:
-
But patents are the reason someone is investigating about MPB in the first place.
It is a cosmetical issue. The only reason they are pursing this is because it's a "disease" that mostly affects old males (probably rich and white). If this was a social problem, Cuba would had started to find a cure
Can you imagine the uproar if public money went to this?Leave a comment:
-
Somebody else mentioned another one early. I loathe having to even read your comments, let alone argue the negative impact patents have had on the world, so I can't be assed looking for you.What solutions besides Histogen? Was any big company involved in the lawsuit?
And come on, don't you think Histogen or Aderans would do the same if they had the opportunity? Because that's why I understand any time they use the word "patented" to describe their treatments
That said ironically the solutions we're waiting for are also patented like you say.
So if they work then we're all going to be laughing even though I'm anti patent laws (as they are now - I believe more in a use it or loose it type approach). But if they don't work then their patents could **** us all over by stopping another company refining those ideas...
For all you red neck patent loving fools listen to this:
Why would a company rent an office in a tiny town in East Texas, put a nameplate on the door, and leave it completely empty for a year?
p.s. if you're not a patent loving red neck fool please don't be offended by that
Leave a comment:
-
What solutions besides Histogen? Was any big company involved in the lawsuit?
And come on, don't you think Histogen or Aderans would do the same if they had the opportunity? Because that's why I understand any time they use the word "patented" to describe their treatmentsLeave a comment:
Leave a comment: