Tocotrienol (vitamin E) may reverse male pattern baldness

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2012

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS440U S440&q=site%3A************.com%2Finteract%2F+%22to co-8%22+OR+%22Tocotrienol+%22&oq=site%3A************. com%2Finteract%2F+%22toco-8%22+OR+%22Tocotrienol+%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e& gs_upl=138539l139443l0l139516l7l7l0l6l0l0l197l197l 0.1l1l0

no one so far reported anything positive(hair-wise) from taking this toco-8...

also: the study where they supposedly got good results was conducted with ONLY 11 PEOPLE. no further studies were conducted since..

the patent was obtained years ago so i'm sure we would have known by now if it did anything positive to our hair

Comment

• BoSox
      • Jun 2010

I'm always willing to try, besides it's just a vitamin. Regardless of how effective this is, I'm desperate. Won't hurt to try.

Comment

• clandestine
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
        I'm always willing to try, besides it's just a vitamin. Regardless of how effective this is, I'm desperate. Won't hurt to try.
        True. Keep us updated if you decide to follow through.

Comment

• goldbondmafia
          • Oct 2011

mrmanns,

Im only 20, noticed my hair thinning partially over the top and crown when I started lifting weights more intensely..had some bloodwork done which showed I have high levels of DHT ..im assuming the heavy diet of protein/carbs and heavy lifting has something to do with the DHT levels..anyways here are a few pics (taken under ceiling window with light coming through)..

Ive currently been using emu oil on my scalp in the morning and night, saw palmetto 2x daily, orange triad multi vitamins, biotin, nizoral and good regular shampoo & conditioner.

Few questions:

1) Does the toco cause shedding or any weird changes to your hair as you said it makes hair "fuzzy" or "grassy" at first?

2) Any side effects

3) Which is better: Toco 8 or Toco-Sorb? On BB.com they sell Toco Sorb, im assuming this is the one you use? Cant find Toco 8 online anywhere..

Shop our wide selection of supplements including protein powder, pre workout, vitamins, BCAAs, and more with free shipping on qualified orders!

4) Anything else bodybuilders use that are natural DHT blockers other than this and saw palmetto?

Hopefully you can answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated thanks boss
          Attached Files

Comment

• mrmanns
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by goldbondmafia
            mrmanns,

Im only 20, noticed my hair thinning partially over the top and crown when I started lifting weights more intensely..had some bloodwork done which showed I have high levels of DHT ..im assuming the heavy diet of protein/carbs and heavy lifting has something to do with the DHT levels..anyways here are a few pics (taken under ceiling window with light coming through)..

Ive currently been using emu oil on my scalp in the morning and night, saw palmetto 2x daily, orange triad multi vitamins, biotin, nizoral and good regular shampoo & conditioner.

Few questions:

1) Does the toco cause shedding or any weird changes to your hair as you said it makes hair "fuzzy" or "grassy" at first?

2) Any side effects

3) Which is better: Toco 8 or Toco-Sorb? On BB.com they sell Toco Sorb, im assuming this is the one you use? Cant find Toco 8 online anywhere..

Shop our wide selection of supplements including protein powder, pre workout, vitamins, BCAAs, and more with free shipping on qualified orders!

4) Anything else bodybuilders use that are natural DHT blockers other than this and saw palmetto?

Hopefully you can answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated thanks boss
            I noticed TocoSorb works better, that's the one I'm currently on. It says it has 3x greater absorption since it's in pill Form. Toco 8 is in powder form

I think something in pill form works better since it isn't being digested instantly by your body

And Yeah I workout just like you, just follow my steps. You are in your 20s like me, you will stop it dead in it's tracks

I stopped it and I just take Saw Palmetto for DHT and a Shampoo that has it in it aswell

It's all hormones in your body that causes hairloss, Toco controls whatever it is that makes you lose hair

Comment

• mrmanns
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by 2020
              https://www.google.com/search?num=10...97l197l0.1l1l0

no one so far reported anything positive(hair-wise) from taking this toco-8...

also: the study where they supposedly got good results was conducted with ONLY 11 PEOPLE. no further studies were conducted since..

the patent was obtained years ago so i'm sure we would have known by now if it did anything positive to our hair
              You are a shill

Comment

• goldbondmafia
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mrmanns
                I noticed TocoSorb works better, that's the one I'm currently on. It says it has 3x greater absorption since it's in pill Form. Toco 8 is in powder form

I think something in pill form works better since it isn't being digested instantly by your body

And Yeah I workout just like you, just follow my steps. You are in your 20s like me, you will stop it dead in it's tracks

I stopped it and I just take Saw Palmetto for DHT and a Shampoo that has it in it aswell

It's all hormones in your body that causes hairloss, Toco controls whatever it is that makes you lose hair
                Awesome so the link I posted would be the one to buy then from bb.com? BTW which brand of Saw Palmetto do you use, ive been using Organika but I feel like there could be much better brands.

Was your hair loss/thinning similar to mine, better or worse?

thanks for the response.

Comment

• mrmanns
                  • Jan 2012

Awesome so the link I posted would be the one to buy then from bb.com? BTW which brand of Saw Palmetto do you use, ive been using Organika but I feel like there could be much better brands.

Was your hair loss/thinning similar to mine, better or worse?

thanks for the response.
                  Yeah it was kinda like that but at the crown of my head

And I take Swanson Vitamins Saw Palmetto

I use to take 2 Palmettos a day but I cut back to one and I take 2 tocosorbs

1 after breakfast and another after lunch

I also add a multivitamin once a day

Comment

• goldbondmafia
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mrmanns
                    Yeah it was kinda like that but at the crown of my head

And I take Swanson Vitamins Saw Palmetto

I use to take 2 Palmettos a day but I cut back to one and I take 2 tocosorbs

1 after breakfast and another after lunch

I also add a multivitamin once a day
                    Makes sense, I generally take the saw palmetto once in morning and one before bed so it stays in my system equally.

ill try the toco-sorb for sure, gonna see if they have it at supplement store here if not ill order it on BB.com thanks boss

Comment

• goldbondmafia
                      • Oct 2011

btw did u notice any actual growth of thin hairs or improvement in the thickness of your crown or did the toco just stabilize? How long did this take for you?

Comment

• Conpecia
                        • Sep 2011

Just bought some, the Vitacost Tocomin Suprabio, 120 softgels. For 22 bucks I figured what the hell. I'm currently a NW2.5 (what I am euphemistically dubbing the "elven" hairline), with a slowly thinning crown that has been stabilized pretty well over the last 5 years with Propecia. Also using Nizoral 2x/wk. No minox as of yet. I'll report back once the supply ends, or if I see noticeable improvement before then. Not very optimistic (just seems a little too easy), but the cost/benefit analysis leans heavily in favor of giving it a shot. Maybe this can hold me over until Gho's technique spreads or Replicel/Histogen/Aderans/Follica hits the market. At my current rate of loss I have about two good years left, maybe three.

Comment

• mrmanns
                          • Jan 2012

btw did u notice any actual growth of thin hairs or improvement in the thickness of your crown or did the toco just stabilize? How long did this take for you?
                          Heck yeah, makes it thicker and grows hairs

I've been on it since Late 2010 early 2011

I didn't realize how much it grew my hair until I cut it short just a week ago messing with this thread

But I can tell you I noticed it getting thicker in just 3 months in

Comment

• mrmanns
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
                            Just bought some, the Vitacost Tocomin Suprabio, 120 softgels. For 22 bucks I figured what the hell. I'm currently a NW2.5 (what I am euphemistically dubbing the "elven" hairline), with a slowly thinning crown that has been stabilized pretty well over the last 5 years with Propecia. Also using Nizoral 2x/wk. No minox as of yet. I'll report back once the supply ends, or if I see noticeable improvement before then. Not very optimistic (just seems a little too easy), but the cost/benefit analysis leans heavily in favor of giving it a shot. Maybe this can hold me over until Gho's technique spreads or Replicel/Histogen/Aderans/Follica hits the market. At my current rate of loss I have about two good years left, maybe three.
                            This is how you're gonna know it has something that just grows hair like a machine

Check out how when you shave your beard, how fast it grows back. Also how thick, your hairs are gonna come out like they had something to eat. Hairs will comeout like its 2 hairs in 1

Comment

• mrmanns
                              • Jan 2012

I took out one of the thick hairs from my beard to show you how while on toco, it grows hairs so thick that. Some of my beard hairs grow like they're double
                              Attached Files

Comment

• BoSox
                                • Jun 2010

That's good for your beard, but what does it do for the hairs that are important.. you know, the ones on your head? :/

Comment

Working...