• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gutted
    • Jan 2011

Comment

• Jcm800
      • Jan 2011

I hear what you're saying gutted. I will stop shortly-I stopped for three months whilst on Trx2 didn't seem to help, but I realise it takes time. There's a plethora of reasons to stop-I dont think personally it'll help much with my hair-after all I know many smokers with full heads of hair, and also see down and outs chuffing and drinking with masses of hair.
      On the other hand a hairloss sufferer that smokes can't afford to hinder blood flow, how's your hair coming along? Still feeling Trx2 is benefiting you?

Comment

• Jcm800
        • Jan 2011

Double posted sorry.

Comment

• Jan 2012

amazing...

this is what's interesting:

The placebo is a soft gelatine capsule containing 600 mg of soya bean oil
          why would they give soy to the placebo group?? Why not a water pill? Soy could actually improve your hair but somehow in this study it didn't do anything....

Each tocotrienol capsule contained 50 mg of mixed tocotrienols (30.8% α-tocotrienol, 56.4% γ-tocotrienol and 12.8% δ-tocotrienol) as well as 23 IU of α-tocopherol. The volunteers were required to take one capsule of either the placebo or tocotrienol twice daily after meal over a period of 8 months.
          only 100 mg daily?? Apparently we're taking too much since Toco-8 supplement has 630 mg per serving...

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Always shitter seeing a dude with a full head of hair smoking a cig, that's for sure. Don't know why this gets me, but it does.

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2020

amazing...

this is what's interesting:

why would they give soy to the placebo group?? Why not a water pill? Soy could actually improve your hair but somehow in this study it didn't do anything....
              thats what i thought.

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
                Always shitter seeing a dude with a full head of hair smoking a cig, that's for sure. Don't know why this gets me, but it does.
                Yeah it's always a shitter as well if he happens to have a full head of hair and is fat and ugly too, seems a waste on men like that.

Bitter, me? Nah

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                  • Oct 2011

Great find!

Comment

• gutted
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
                    I hear what you're saying gutted. I will stop shortly-I stopped for three months whilst on Trx2 didn't seem to help, but I realise it takes time. There's a plethora of reasons to stop-I dont think personally it'll help much with my hair-after all I know many smokers with full heads of hair, and also see down and outs chuffing and drinking with masses of hair.
                    On the other hand a hairloss sufferer that smokes can't afford to hinder blood flow, how's your hair coming along? Still feeling Trx2 is benefiting you?
                    yeah my mates are smokers too and they have a perfectly intact hairline...but i suppose theyre not genetically prone to baldness, so smoking wont hurt them as much.

regarding trx2, its stopped my hairloss, if it stays like this im happy.

Comment

• Thermal
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by bananana
                      Just wanted to say that 125 g DAILY is an INSANE amount!
                      Usually they're used as bird food, and as such 1 kg costs around 2 euros or $3, for humans I think price goes up, because they're like non GMO etc..

So that means you ate 4 kg monthly! (that is A LOT.)
                      It's not that they're expensive or anything, I'm just wondering how big is a "normal" dose, enough to feel some results?
                      I read they're really healthy (In addition to linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid), sunflower seeds are also an excellent source of dietary fiber, some amino acids (especially tryptophan), Vitamin E, B Vitamins (especially vitamin B1 or thiamine, vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid and folate), and minerals such as copper, manganese, potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, selenium, calcium and zinc.[4] Additionally, they are rich in cholesterol-lowering phytosterols)

I'm wondering also - that vitamin E in seeds - in which form is it?
                      I bought 200 g today, and that's a big bag of them. I think it's gonna last me at least a week, or I'm gonna turn into a bird.
                      Have since cut down because as well as all the other healthy substances sun flower seeds contain a lot of calories! I will continue to take them but at lower rates.

Also saw this story today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17237569

Suggests that Vitamin E supplements may be bad for bones.

And quitting smoking is easy - just switch to a good quality electronic cigarette (don't get a shopping centre/mall one as they generally aren't that good). Have tried a couple of normal cigarettes since the switch and didn't like them at all. I was a confirmed two pack a day man for around twenty years.

Comment

• bananana
                        Inactive
                        • Feb 2012

Similar experiments in rats, including work published in 2010, found the opposite results to the latest study, even suggesting that vitamin E could be useful as a bone-growth promoting treatment for older people.

Ah, they still don't know themselves.

Well, I'm truly hoping all these methods we use today will be temporary ones - it the "cure" is due in the next five years, we wont have to do these kinds of health compromises. Also I think they probably refer to "generic" kinds of vitamin E, all those 1000's % of tocopherols etc...

It was interesting (and kinda saddening) that no increase in hair width was recorded. Increase in number is great, but I thought the first research also recorded width increase. Oh, well...

We'll see how it goes.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                          • Oct 2011

Also, the significant vast majority of Vitamin E supplements are only of the singular form of alpha tocopherol. I wouldn't be surprised if dosing up huge on just one of the 8 chains screws with how the body metabolizes it in general.

Plus, if you note, they say it caused problems in mice who were deficient (lacking) to begin with.

If you attempt to give "normal" amounts of food, even the "wrong" types, to a starving person who is deficient all around, they will eat ravenously and then kill themselves because their body simply cannot handle the sudden changes occuring to their body.

So I think its unfair to say it causes problems in mice that were lacking in the first place.

Do a study like this with totally normal, healthy, mice please.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Although epidemiological evidence indicates that a daily supplement of vitamin E may reduce the risk of prostate cancer, the detailed mechanism underlying this effect remains unclear. Here we demonstrate that alpha-tocopheryl succinate (VES) can suppress the expression of prostate-specific antigen ( …

New research shows that vitamin E could inhibit the development of prostate cancer. Researchers from the University of Rochester in the US reported that the vitamin suppressed the androgen receptor, a marker for the cancer's growth.

For example, anti-androgen will prevent androgen's bind on androgen receptor and vitamin E would reduce the amount of androgen receptor. The combination of anti-androgen and vitamin E would possibly elicit better therapy effects
                            so apparently Vitamin E reduces the number of androgen receptors in your prostate... is it possible that it does the same for your scalp and could that be the reason why that toco-8 study was so successful in terms of regrowing/maintaining hair?

Comment

• mnx
                              • Feb 2012

Think I'm going to have to join in on this.

Since noticing this topic, a few days ago I went to try some virgin red palm oil I happened to have sitting on shelf(I know, kind of a strange thing to have lying around, I'm obsessed with nutrition and supplements, though). Surprisingly, I felt a rush of blood in my legs from a tablespoon of it. I think there is definitely something going on there. I have my doubts that it will affect my hair, but it seems worth trying.

Comment

• mnx
                                • Feb 2012

Also, here is some interesting information, although nothing really that new. http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.co...ural-food.html

I noticed annato has a lot of tocotrienols, almost completely devoid of tocopherols, and is quite cheap to buy in bulk. Problem is, it is sorely lacking in alpha tocotrienol(only having delta, and according to some sources gamma).

Comment

Working...