Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conpecia
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 57mph
    ...in response to this thread and it's posts...i'm none the wiser!

Hope no one, and none of you take offence with my response but there it is.

Hairloss and the research involved is one huge mine field and this thread is a prime example, i just don't know where to go with the informative and uninformative information!?

That said, good luck guys, 57mph

That's all good; can't say I blame you. Hopefully later this year I can post some results, for better or for worse, and at least give another impression. It does seem to have both supporters and critics.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by 2020
      why didn't you edit your previous post instead of making a new post...
      why'd you bother asking such a stupid question?

Comment

• Jan 2012

because I'm sure he's just trying to boost his post count to appear more reputable...

Comment

• Conpecia
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 2020
          because I'm sure he's just trying to boost his post count to appear more reputable...
          You're starting to piss me off. You look like an absolute idiot coming in here and saying stuff like that. What a stupid way to "boost my post count." Seriously. That makes no sense, whatsoever.

Not to mention you've been here less than half the time I have and you've got over twice as many posts. Who's trying to look credible? Maybe you work at a competing company and are trying to take sales away from carotech?

(Read that last sentence again. See how ridiculous that sounds? That is you in this thread.)

I have no problem with you being skeptical of the treatment in question, but I do have a problem with you implying I have dubious motives, when I'm the one biting the bullet and spending my money on something that might not work at all. I'm also willing to take the time to come back and report whatever I find, for better or for worse, to the rest of the community. So which one of us is helping find possible treatments for MPB?

Channel your avatar and Let It Be, George. Go look for UFO's or something...

Comment

• Conpecia
            • Sep 2011

Update:

It's been a week since I started with two 60mg softgels/day of the tocomin suprabio.

Yesterday I was looking in the mirror and I noticed some small bumps below my neck, near the collar of my shirt. I pulled down my shirt and noticed several more, then took my shirt off and saw they were all over my chest. I freaked out for about ten seconds, then realized what they are: hairs coming in. I've got I guess about an average amount of hair on my chest as it is, and the bumps are limited to the areas where I have chest hair. Nothing to report on yet as far as head hair goes, but at least some hair is growing, though I may risk looking like a gorilla in 8 months...

Looks like Mrmanns was right about facial hair too... mine's growing back faster, darker, and higher up on my cheeks than normal. Hopefully this is translating to my head in some form...

I'll keep you guys posted if there are any changes. Did anyone else who has taken tocomin have increased body hair?

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
              Update:

It's been a week since I started with two 60mg softgels/day of the tocomin suprabio.

Yesterday I was looking in the mirror and I noticed some small bumps below my neck, near the collar of my shirt. I pulled down my shirt and noticed several more, then took my shirt off and saw they were all over my chest. I freaked out for about ten seconds, then realized what they are: hairs coming in. I've got I guess about an average amount of hair on my chest as it is, and the bumps are limited to the areas where I have chest hair. Nothing to report on yet as far as head hair goes, but at least some hair is growing, though I may risk looking like a gorilla in 8 months...

Looks like Mrmanns was right about facial hair too... mine's growing back faster, darker, and higher up on my cheeks than normal. Hopefully this is translating to my head in some form...

I'll keep you guys posted if there are any changes. Did anyone else who has taken tocomin have increased body hair?
              when i was on it, i THINK i did notice some sexual sides, although i really cannot say it was the toco as i was also on inneov which contains beta sis, which is a known dht blocker.

But one of the reasons why i dropped it was because of this percieved sexual side - low libido, weak erections etc.
              Could you keep an eye out on that and report about this too. i hope you've not been on dht blockers before too.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                Inactive
                • Jan 2012

Update:

Please keep us updated. Surprising first results, I'd freak out too, don't need any more hair on the body, only head. This reminded me.. I've read that unwanted body and facial hair can be side effect of minoxidil (rogaine) - do You use minoxidil in any form as well ?

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by gutted
                  when i was on it, i THINK i did notice some sexual sides, although i really cannot say it was the toco as i was also on inneov which contains beta sis, which is a known dht blocker.

But one of the reasons why i dropped it was because of this percieved sexual side - low libido, weak erections etc.
                  Could you keep an eye out on that and report about this too. i hope you've not been on dht blockers before too.
                  Potential sexual sides were not mentioned anywhere as a product of using tocotrienols.

"Palm tocotrienol complex is a natural food supplement with no known side effects at the plasma concentration achieved via oral supplementation."

Please elaborate, if there is literally no mention sides in relation to use of tocotrienols, why would you then make the assumption?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

Comment

• gutted
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
                    Potential sexual sides were not mentioned anywhere as a product of using tocotrienols.

"Palm tocotrienol complex is a natural food supplement with no known side effects at the plasma concentration achieved via oral supplementation."

Please elaborate, if there is literally no mention sides in relation to use of tocotrienols, why would you then make the assumption?

Thanks in advance for clarification.
                    its just something anecdotal and In my experience, i noticed low libido, but at the time i was taking other stuff too which had the potential to cause that side effect, hence why im asking for this to be monitored.

Comment

• clandestine
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by gutted
                      its just something anecdotal and In my experience, i noticed low libido, but at the time i was taking other stuff too which had the potential to cause that side effect, hence why im asking for this to be monitored.
                      Alright, no worries. I was just curious as to your reasoning.

Comment

• Conpecia
                        • Sep 2011

Gutted: no change in libido so far. I'm also on Propecia which is supposed to have pretty heavy effects on libido, but I haven't had any changes in the many years I've been on it. Probably not the best candidate to track tocomin's effect on libido since I am taking other stuff.

Stressedtothebald: no minox, which makes the increase all the more curious. Hopefully it calms down; I want to keep my hair but not at the expense of reverting to a primate...

At the same time, the only sides that would really deter me are cognitive or sexual sides. More or less hair is the variable we're concerned with, so I'll keep forging ahead until the 8 months is over, unless the body and facial hair gets so ridiculous as to warrant more negative attention than baldness, lol. The irony.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                          Inactive
                          • Jan 2012

Gutted: no change in libido so far. I'm also on Propecia which is supposed to have pretty heavy effects on libido, but I haven't had any changes in the many years I've been on it. Probably not the best candidate to track tocomin's effect on libido since I am taking other stuff.

Stressedtothebald: no minox, which makes the increase all the more curious. Hopefully it calms down; I want to keep my hair but not at the expense of reverting to a primate...

At the same time, the only sides that would really deter me are cognitive or sexual sides. More or less hair is the variable we're concerned with, so I'll keep forging ahead until the 8 months is over, unless the body and facial hair gets so ridiculous as to warrant more negative attention than baldness, lol. The irony.
                          Interesting. Well I don't know know if increased facial and body hairs is listed as propecia side effect, I don't recall seeing it anywhere. While now on beta sitosterol, I now tend to notice plenty of tiny blonde hairs even beyond the area of hair - not sure if I failed to notice them before nor if they are the result of beta sitosterol... maybe I'm just seeing what was there all the time and while I don't mind them in the area of where my hair should be.. I absolutely don't want them elsewhere, hopefuly its nothing and if they grow and turn colour it will only happen in the hair area.

Comment

• Conpecia
                            • Sep 2011

Guys, can this stuff cause gynecomastia?

All of a sudden I have a lot more "breast" tissue than I remember having. I'm a big guy, but I exercise regularly and have actually been losing weight, which is why I'm confused that my chest feels softer and looks less defined than it did a couple weeks ago. It could be that I'm losing muscle, and I'm also on finasteride which is known to cause gynecomastia in some people.

If so, no dice. I value keeping my hair, but not at that price. Again, it could be that I'm just losing muscle mass. I don't really see how tocomin could cause man boobs, but a lot of you people are more versed in the science of these products than I am. I guess I'll start dieting and doing a lot of pushups and chest exercises and see what happens. But there is a noticeable difference. No tenderness or pain, just more fat or something. Jesus, what does it take to keep a head of hair...

Comment

• Jan 2012

Guys, can this stuff cause gynecomastia?
                              are you crazy?? this is just vitamin E.... 10000% that your new boobs are not from taking this vitamin

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                                Inactive
                                • Jan 2012

Supposedly some doctors actually prescribe high doses of vitamin E to treat gynecomastia. Read the example here:
                                Theres a thread by the same name as this over at gotfina.com. http://www.gotfina.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8357&perpage=20&pagenumber=1 Heres the original post : My buddy got gyno. He had a 3cm size pea in his nipple. It hurt like hell and was getting bigger so He went to the...

So, I highly doubt that Your problem can be caused by vitamin E.
                                You should check the other stuff, something else You're using might be causing it.

Comment

Working...