Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penny Stock
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pate
    Because the process has two proposed mechanisms, both rejuvenation of damaged follicles and follicular neogenesis. We don't actually know how well each will work in humans.

If the neogenesis works well enough to be a viable treatment (as opposed to just incidentally growing a new follicle here and there) then sure, you'd assume the results are compoundable and multiple treatments would be worthwhile.

But there are just so many unknowns in going from mouse models to humans.
    Of course I'm not disagreeing with you, there are so many unknowns in going from mouse models to humans, that’s why researchers like ADERANS RESEARCH use human donor skin tissue from i.e. scalp reductions, face lifts and hair transplants, to inject the cultured cells into.

So although WE have no Idea how well it will work on human tissue, Id say with reasonable confidence that Replicel do, the scientists Hoffman etc. have their own money invested in this. Why on earth would you try and compete with a multimillion dollar company like ADERANS RESEARCH if you weren’t certain you method was better?
    It wouldn't make sense, and these guys aren’t stupid, if fact there classical geniuses’.

Comment

• Kiwi
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Penny Stock
      Of course I'm not disagreeing with you, there are so many unknowns in going from mouse models to humans, that’s why researchers like ADERANS RESEARCH use human donor skin tissue from i.e. scalp reductions, face lifts and hair transplants, to inject the cultured cells into.

So although WE have no Idea how well it will work on human tissue, Id say with reasonable confidence that Replicel do, the scientists Hoffman etc. have their own money invested in this. Why on earth would you try and compete with a multimillion dollar company like ADERANS RESEARCH if you weren’t certain you method was better?
      It wouldn't make sense, and these guys aren’t stupid, if fact there classical geniuses’.
      Its they are not there

Anyway I don't think that Replicel know whether their solution is better. How would they.

All they need to know is that they have a solution. The market is big enough for Replicel, Aderans and Histogen... and any of the others that are likely to pop up.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Thunderbass
        Does anyone know if this will work with traction alopecia?
        Since Replicel anticipates their treatment will repair damaged follicles, it is safe to assume that the answer should be yes.

Comment

• Penny Stock
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
          Its they are not there

Anyway I don't think that Replicel know whether their solution is better. How would they.

All they need to know is that they have a solution. The market is big enough for Replicel, Aderans and Histogen... and any of the others that are likely to pop up.
          1. I made a typo... give me a break.
          2. If you feel the need to disperse english lessions, please direct them at members who can even spell.

3. I'm not even going to go into your "The market is big enough for Replicel, Aderans" comment.

Read this....

If you can tell me why Aderans research are utilising minoxidil in their clinical trials, I'll answer why Replicel knows they have a better solution.

Ps. Vote National!!

Pss. http://www.jstor.org/pss/30151709

Comment

• Kiwi
            • Mar 2011

I'm no scientist and neither are you. Which is why you can't answer the questions honestly with 100% knowledge. And neither can I. I'm speculating on what I think is probable. You seem to know something factual that even the CEO of Replicell hasn't guaranteed us yet. That is just weird.

Probably only a small handful of scientists who work for Aderans or Replicell can actually answer these questions. And this is why that sort of comment from you is such bull shit.

The market is big enough for all hair treatment products. You don't have to say anything other then "yes of course it is - there are hundreds of millions of consumers for this shit".

Of course you could say something else but you'd be wrong or arguing a technicality if you did.

Aderans will be first to market. Then Histogen. Then Replicell.. then who knows (and who even cares). But I can guarantee you that they will all make more money then they have invested. If I'm wrong then Propecia and Minox wouldn't sell. And neither would Ketokonazol and all the other herbal crap options on the market that do nothing.

Comment

• Penny Stock
              • Sep 2011

Sweet as mate,

I'm not in the mood to argue with you.

Have a great day.

Comment

• Kiwi
                • Mar 2011

Good!!

Because you'd confuse the readers of this site into thinking that somehow not all of the products when launched will make money. Because they all will!!

Comment

• Penny Stock
                  • Sep 2011

Brought a hd dvd recently?

There is a place in the market for histrogen, follica, and one cell based solution but not two.

Comment

• Penny Stock
                    • Sep 2011

Look man,

I not here to get into an argument with anyone, I just want to constructively share information I've found.

And I'm not claiming I know everything with 100% certainty, I'm just sticking to the factual information that I can find.

Comment

• Kiwi
                      • Mar 2011

I've studied economics and I'm telling you there is a big enough market for all those compaines and more.

The great thing about this that benefits all us old balding ****s (i'm only 33) is that competition will drive the price down.

Its not like there is only one type of car. Or two. Or one type of computer. Although arguably you'd only buy a mac.

Its not like there is only 1 womans tabloid magazine. Its not like there is only one supermarket chain. Or one or two fast food outlets. We could list these examples all day for a month.

They will all hit the market if they are proven to work. The ones that market / advertise the best will probably make the most money.

Comment

• Jundam
                        • Mar 2011

You should listen to Kiwi. He reads science magazines.

Penny_Stock is right when he says there will only be room for one autologus approach. Either one works and the other doesn't, or they both work but one works better, or they both work equally well but one beats the other to the market and casts a shadow over the release of the second one; making it impossible for the second one to grab any significant part of the market.

Or none of them works. But let's not go down that depressing route until we have to.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                          Inactive
                          • Jan 2011

Actually even with 10 companieson the market, there would be place for others, what some here dont understand is the simple fact that the amount of baldies will never decrease.

For example if i would start a HM company and only got 10 customers in one months which will pay 4000 dollar each, i would be a ****ing happy camper.

And we should embrace the competition because it will drive things cheaper in the end and better. You would be smiling if you knew how strangely fast some products getting better when competition arrives on the market.

Also regional discrepancies, some companies will focus on asian markets and others on european or us markets, so who gives.

The only fact is, none of those companies would put in more and more money into their stuff, if their shit wont work, because so it would be cheaper to grab the money and buy shares of another hm company.

Does anyone here seriusly belive that hair loss is finite? Its not, just take alook at this primitive FIn and Minox thing, even those bastard lousy cheap ass shampoo and pills can stop or slower hair loss and even get regrowth on a limited scale.

And those are primitive cheap ass prototype failure treatments compared to cell based solutions.

But of course i can understand people who dont wanna play the waiting game. Dont be bothered

But to be the downbringer here, i dont think that all the hm solutions will work on scarred heads who had multiple Strips done badly and/or big FUE shot gun holes or scalp reductions. I simply think this wont work on those heads.

The reason for that is just a simple observation, if you look at a slick NW7 balding guy with close up, they always have tiny vellus hairs and follicle pores where a scarred head has only bulky flesh scars.

So what is more likely? To get those tiny vellus bitch hairs to grow terminal again or to get follicles out of nowhere on scar tissue

I am sorry for the swear words but tis should explain it in laymans terms plain and simple enough

Comment

• Kiwi
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jundam
                            You should listen to Kiwi. He reads science magazines.

Penny_Stock is right when he says there will only be room for one autologus approach. Either one works and the other doesn't, or they both work but one works better, or they both work equally well but one beats the other to the market and casts a shadow over the release of the second one; making it impossible for the second one to grab any significant part of the market.

Or none of them works. But let's not go down that depressing route until we have to.
                            No really, listen to Jundam, he thinks we should skip trailing drugs on mice and go straight to human testing.... idiot...

Comment

• krewel
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
                              I've studied economics and I'm telling you there is a big enough market for all those compaines and more.
                              Early semester exercise: Let's say for example Replicel proves to be a real or at least satisfying solution after Phase 1 / during Phase 2. What happens to the other companies? I'll give you a hint: Shareholder Value

U.S Bachelor degrees...

Sorry, it's not that easy. You know, I don't want to be rude but it's really annoying to see someone trying to silence other people by saying "trust me, I studied economics and I'm reading science magazines"
                              If you want to sell your "I studied" gun, ship it with arguments please.

Comment

• mg39
                                • Jan 2011

Make no mistake, this is a race to the finish line. Replicel are being smart about it by dosing up in phase one. Under the veil of safety they will determine efficacy at the same time, and satisfy shareholders and set the market. There is room for more than one treatment provided they all work...at least initially. Ultimately the market will dictate who comes out on top though. That is until another more effective treatment comes along.

Comment

Working...