RepliCel - Spencer Kobren's Follow Up Interview With CEO David Hall

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeedHairASAP
    • Jul 2011

we honestly don't know if any of these treatments are viable, never mind their release date....

just because a few (literally a few) companies are TESTING some ideas does not mean they are going to work. where are the photos? replicel has nothing but pixar movies. histogen has some crappy macro photographs that are 3 years old. Aderans has pictures of hair growing all f*cked up in different directions (and i believe their most current news release said they can't figure out how to not grow tumor balls of hair that sprout in every direction). This is the reality of where we are at....

Speculation is okay, but can you guys limit it to speculation on some evidence and not speculating on your feelings or hopes. im so tired or coming to see who updated this thread and finding completely baseless guessing and speculation.

i hope these things pan out. I wouldn't mind getting a hairtransplant along with them. Especially with procedures like Gho's where downtime, scarring, etc. etc. are all much better than ANY strip/fue. The guy really cares about his patients and the results. He doesn't do mega sessions that OBVIOUSLY ruin your scalp, the yield, and the healing of the donor. He doesn't stick you with needles, instead they have some crazy numbing agent they use via a dermis pad of sorts. The guy does ACTUAL research to, for example, find out saline solution SUCKS, and then he makes advancements off of these findings, such as his growth solution rather than saline. There is a lot of money to be made giving transplants, and a lot of risk in doing research... which is why we see HT surgeons preoccupied giving 6k graft megasessions instead of research possible dead ends. THANK YOU GHO for evolving one of the slowest moving industries in the world. If it weren't for his procedure I would agree with you guys that getting a HT isn't worth it.

I've been on these boards awhile and histogen hasn't released anything significant in two years...just a few pictureless updates claiming that hair is still there/"growing"... not very detailed

Also, new treatments could be cheaper than hair transplants-- which are very tedious and labor intensive. maybe you need one guy and an hour to stick you with a needle vs. 5 technicians and a doctor performing surgery on you for an entire day.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
      Inactive
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
      we honestly don't know if any of these treatments are viable, never mind their release date....

just because a few (literally a few) companies are TESTING some ideas does not mean they are going to work. where are the photos? replicel has nothing but pixar movies. histogen has some crappy macro photographs that are 3 years old. Aderans has pictures of hair growing all f*cked up in different directions (and i believe their most current news release said they can't figure out how to not grow tumor balls of hair that sprout in every direction). This is the reality of where we are at....

Speculation is okay, but can you guys limit it to speculation on some evidence and not speculating on your feelings or hopes

i hope these things pan out. I wouldn't mind getting a hairtransplant along with them. Especially with procedures like Gho's where downtime, scarring, etc. etc. are all much better than ANY strip/fue. The guy really cares about his patients and the results. He doesn't do mega sessions that OBVIOUSLY ruin your scalp, the yield, and the healing of the donor. He doesn't stick you with needles, instead they have some crazy numbing agent they use via a dermis pad of sorts. The guy does ACTUAL research to, for example, find out saline solution SUCKS, and then he makes advancements off of these findings, such as his growth solution rather than saline.

I've been on these boards awhile and histogen hasn't released anything significant in two years...just a few pictureless updates claiming that hair is still there/"growing"... not very detailed
      I too see that way too many people talk about Replicel as if its a done thing, some are even buying stocks with hope that they're gonna make 10x money increase if the cure happens.

Honestly, I'm not raising my hopes too high.. I bet plenty of the same 'cure' promises were around 5-10 years ago and nothing has happened although we're already in 2012.

Comment

• Maradona
        • Nov 2011

Speculation is okay, but can you guys limit it to speculation on some evidence and not speculating on your feelings or hopes

i hope these things pan out. I wouldn't mind getting a hairtransplant along with them. Especially with procedures like Gho's where downtime, scarring, etc. etc. are all much better than ANY strip/fue. The guy really cares about his patients and the results. He doesn't do mega sessions that OBVIOUSLY ruin your scalp, the yield, and the healing of the donor. He doesn't stick you with needles, instead they have some crazy numbing agent they use via a dermis pad of sorts. The guy does ACTUAL research to, for example, find out saline solution SUCKS, and then he makes advancements off of these findings, such as his growth solution rather than saline.

I agree with everything you said man. Replicel is about our best chance to get a full head of hair, but we don't know anything at this point other than it is possible in theory.

But the more I study replicel, the more I realize it's gonna be tough to get a full head of hair for slick bald men but IT WILL BE beneficial for women , at least most of them and those who are starting to bald or diffuse thinners provided they did not reach slick baldness already. Again this is all my opinion from the information I've gathered, don't be hating.

So at this point I am embracing the baldness little by little...hopefully I have the balls to shave it soon and move on.

On a side note, i bought 500 bucks worth of replicel, hopefully I get some reward at least .

I'll see ya all guys when the results are up

Comment

• Jan 2012

replicel has nothing but pixar movies.
          100% of the time they regrew at least 50% of hair on mice.... They'll have something by March I'm sure.

histogen has some crappy macro photographs that are 3 years old.
          That lawsuit by SkinMedica slowed them down.... their latest study results are due by December THIS YEAR.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by 2020
            100% of the time they regrew at least 50% of hair on mice....

doesn't really mean much. they've regrown animal hair at least a few times and it has lead nowhere. Do you mean March as in 9 days? or March 2013?

still don't get what makes you so "sure" they'll have something in 10 days to announce...

Originally posted by 2020

That lawsuit by SkinMedica slowed them down.... their latest study results are due by December THIS YEAR.
            That slowed them down, then the earthquake in japan.. then...

hopefully they have something real to show us in 10 months... approximately 2-3 years after the original big press release with crappy photos

Comment

• Jan 2012

doesn't really mean much. they've regrown animal hair at least a few times and it has lead nowhere.
              yes, but they did it over and over again and they were successful 100% of the time....

Do you mean March as in 9 days? or March 2013?
              It's actually April... my bad

RepliCel remains on schedule to release the initial review of efficacy results in April 2012.

still don't get what makes you so "sure" they'll have something in 10 days to announce...
              We'll see

hopefully they have something real to show us in 10 months... approximately 2-3 years after the original big press release with crappy photos
              crappy photos?? There is only one photo and who cares, read the actual data.

^ looks promising to me....

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                • May 2011

Originally posted by ryan555
                I think some people are grossly misinformed on how these therapies will work. There is nothing currently being tested that will regrow a full head of hair or grow thick hair on bald scalp. Optimistically, these treatments will replace meds like propecia and rogaine and may offer a little more growth. People who have transplants will benefit from these treatments in stalling future loss and thickening up the transplanted areas, but a good transplanst will still look good. With regard to timeline, it will likely be at least a couple more years before anything is available, and even then it will likely require a trip to Asia to get them. It could easily be 3 to 5 years until they are available in the US, assuming that funding remains available and the trials go well - nothing is a guarantee at this point.
                I'm inclined to agree. However I do think this might be the one to put a permanent stop to the progression of mpb, unlike finasteride which ultimately doesn't do that. That in and of itself would be pretty big for some. Probably will be a little late for me but I'd be very happy for those that catch hairloss early and can avail of this or something like it in the future. Wouldn't want any young man (or woman) to go through this bs.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                  • Feb 2011

I dunno, I do have pretty high hopes for Replicel and Histogen. I highly doubt that their treatments or possible cures will only be marginally better than Rogaine and Propecia. Rogaine doesn't do much of anything so I'm pretty sure that it will be better than that. Propecia's main purpose is to prevent hair loss, and Replicel and Histogen are looking to grow new hair rather than simply prevent hair loss, so I don't think that its comparable to Propecia/finasteride. Its true that nothing has consistently been proven yet, but Histogen's and Replicel's methods are really backed by solid science and years of research, and they have high hopes. I know that Intercytex didn't pan out as hoped but I don't think they had such top hair scientists on their team like Replicel does in Drs. McElwee and Hoffmann. Plus, I remember early interviews with Intercytex's scientists and even Ken Washenik, and they even stated early on that their treatment wouldn't replace the results of a good hair transplant. Replicel and Histogen have much higher hopes than that.
                  Also, I don't see why Replicel or Histogen couldn't grow a significant amount of hair on slick bald men. I've been doing lots of research on this as well and Replicel claims to wake up dormant follicles and create new ones. Many reputable scientists including Cotsarelis have stated that follicles even on slick bald men are not lost, but are simply dormant. If Replicel or even Histogen achieve their goals, then the creation of a full head of hair could certainly be achieved.
                  Let's remain optimistic that we can regain the heads of hair that we used to have. I mean, what's the alternative? To accept living life as balding men.

Comment

• Thinning@30
                    • Mar 2010

Wasn't Replicel able to grow hair on the footpads of mice--a place where hair does not usually grow? If they can do this, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to grow hair on bald patches of human skin. At any rate, I agree that everything is idle speculation at this point, we won't know anything for certain until the results of the Phase I trial get released.

If they wait until April 30 to release the results I think the anticipation will kill me.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Thinning@30
                      If they wait until April 30 to release the results I think the anticipation will kill me.
                      For some reason I thought they were releasing results in March. This is too much suspense.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                        I highly doubt that their treatments or possible cures will only be marginally better than Rogaine and Propecia. Rogaine doesn't do much of anything so I'm pretty sure that it will be better than that.

this is a good point. It is nice to look at the issue through that pair of glasses. That propecia and minox suck so bad that Replicels hurdle is really manageable with a bit of an effort

I really do want this to work guys. I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Histogen has been silent, besides lame press releases... for and ENTIRE YEAR

Comment

• Dasani
                          • Jun 2011

I've been absent from the forums for the past couple of months, like many people here I've simply been waiting for replicel's clinical trial results at the end of Q1 2012. We'll now we're about 2 months away and I'm still fairly optimistic. I've ready that histogen is right in the middle of their clinical trials but they're doing it in the philippines instead of singapore.

I first noticed my hair thinning on the crown this past spring, I was pretty surprised and upset since I was only 22. I'm pleased to say I've had great results with finasteride (1.25mg/day) and minoxidil (rogaine foam). My hair has improved to a point where I can't detect any thinning. It seems to continue getting thicker as well.

I feel even better if replicel has positive results from their clinicals. Who knows, I might be one of the very first guys to avoid going bald. I've heard spencer say he first noticed his hair thinning at 22. I've also heard him say his 'thickening' period on propecia was even 2-3 years (then stable).
                          I wonder how he feels about potential for guys that are basically in the position today that he was in when he was 22, with the current treatments we now have the near-future potential treatments. In fact I've also heard him say something along the lines of "If you're just starting to lose your hair now, there's a very good chance you'll never have to live as a bald person" -- And he said this before replicel was even known (around the time histogen came out with their clinical trail results)

I've been lurking around these forums for the better part of a year and I've listened to Spencer quite a bit, and I've gotta say I trust him. Everyone can definitely be cautiously optimistic about the next 3 years.

Comment

• WashedOut
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
                            I'm inclined to agree. However I do think this might be the one to put a permanent stop to the progression of mpb, unlike finasteride which ultimately doesn't do that. That in and of itself would be pretty big for some. Probably will be a little late for me but I'd be very happy for those that catch hairloss early and can avail of this or something like it in the future. Wouldn't want any young man (or woman) to go through this bs.
                            I agree with this. Even if it can't grow hair on a bald head imagine if from this point on every man or woman that noticed any loss of hair went to get a one time injection and never had to lose hair again. That's pretty big.

Comment

• ryan555
                              • Oct 2010

this is a good point. It is nice to look at the issue through that pair of glasses. That propecia and minox suck so bad that Replicels hurdle is really manageable with a bit of an effort

I really do want this to work guys. I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Histogen has been silent, besides lame press releases... for and ENTIRE YEAR
                              Histogen is right in the middle of a trial in Asia right now. They are moving forward full steam.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by ryan555
                                Histogen is right in the middle of a trial in Asia right now. They are moving forward full steam.
                                definitely

Comment

Working...