Spencer Kobren Speaks With RepliCel Life Sciences' CEO and President David Hall

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CAlex
    • Feb 2011

@HairTalk Im definitely still very excited about histogen and in no way have given up on Follica. Histogens pre clinical results have been the best regenerative results EVER and Follica has always just chosen the stay quiet and just work approach. I have no clue why Follicas continued silence causes people to freak out. They dont need more funding currently so whats the point of talking?

I think we are all glad to just have another legitimate approach being pursued.

Why is there such a gap between phase 1 completion and phase 2 beginning in your timeline hairtalk?

Comment

• Kiwi
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
      RepliCel:

~March, 2012: Phase I of testing complete; results available.

~Early 2014: Phase II begins: 3 mos. to enroll pts.; 3 mos. to replicate/inject cells; 6 mos. till follow-up.

2015: release, if all goes well.

That makes zero sense. Histogen are talking 2015 and they are already well into phase II trials and they are talking 2015 release.

There is no way they can do 2015 unless im missing something.

Also wasn't it nice how histogen were actually in here answering question until dorkins scared them away.

Comment

• PinotQ
        • May 2010

Good Summary Penny Stock. I would add also that my understanding regarding cell culturing, whether it be DP or DSC cells, is that one of the key issues involves being able to culture or multiply the cells in such a way that they do not lose their identity or potency. I don't have any links but I recall that in the early going, those trying to culture cells found out that the longer they were in culture, the more they tended to lose their identity and/or that the new cells being created started to take on irregular shapes. I don't know the actual cell counts or division ratios but for example when 1000 cells divided into 5,000 cells and then 5,000 cells divided into 20,000 cells, then 20,000 cells divided into 100,000 cells, etc........ the new cells were fine. But I believe at about the 5th or 6th division, the process started to breakdown. It may be that Replicel has found a way to solve this problem. It may also be that that is why Replicel can culture for 3 months as opposed to 6-8 weeks but this is all just speculation. I have been under the assumption that solving this issue was one of the big reasons that it has taken so long to get to this point.

Comment

• uninformed
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
          That makes zero sense. Histogen are talking 2015 and they are already well into phase II trials and they are talking 2015 release.

Also wasn't it nice how histogen were actually in here answering question until dorkins scared them away.
          correct me if i am wrong but I think it may have something to do with replicel being the patient's own cells whereas histogen is external growth factors

Comment

• HairTalk
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CAlex
            Why is there such a gap between phase 1 completion and phase 2 beginning in your timeline hairtalk?
            It's just by what's said in the interview with the president of RepliCel, posted in this thread (first post).

Comment

• HairTalk
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi

We have no idea where Histogen is in terms of their clinical trials on H.S.C.; it's possible they're no farther ahead than RepliCel (they might even be behind). The company began phase "I/II" testing, mid-2011; we don't know whether all their subjects have yet been recruited, let alone injected. According to the president of RepliCel, that company has (Sept., '11) completed injections on their last subject.

This said, it's true RepliCel's current work includes 19 participants, whereas Histogen's has aimed for, I believe, 50 or 100.

The bottom line, I think, is, at the moment (Sept., 2011), the earliest by when we might have a new treatment, from anyone, is mid-2015. The only thing I feel could happen sooner, is work involving ACell and/or multiplication-by-transection: perhaps we'll have some sense of these matters by mid-2012 (from Drs. Bernstein or Cooley — I'm not very interested in what words Hitzig or Gho might wish to contribute).

Comment

• Penny Stock
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
                So, are we all jumping from the Histogen bandwagon onto the RepliCel, now?
                Hey Man,

By no means was I suggesting to "Jump Bandwagons".

There seems to be a common misconception on this forum, that the race for a cure is a first past the post race.

This is by no means the case, I will explain when I get a few moments.

There also seem to be the misconception that there are only four companies
                working on a cure... there are numerous privately funded company’s, who are aiming for the same goal.

One Example:

Celtigen Therapeutics, LLC.

Celtigen is a biotechnology company focused on commercializing its autologous adult dermal stem cell technology for hair follicle regeneration and skin tissue engineering.

The basis of every argument against a cure arriving in the near future,
                seems to ground itself on the demise of one biotech company.

People get nervous when Histogen changes its site, and removes a time line.

But don't bother to look deeper.

I don't have much time as I'm at work, but I'm sure you can connect the dots.

We are nearing a tipping point with regards to stem cell research, as a whole.
                This is an exciting time in human history, a Baldness cure, a cure for cancer, transplanted organs that don't reject, all on the horizon.

Have a good day Mate.

Comment

• Penny Stock
                  • Sep 2011

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My assumption is that Histogen is presenting Regenica to HT docs at the ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting in Alaska, as a healing aid.

"Embryonic secreted proteins enhance follicular unit viability, and improve donor site healing."

While updating on HSC trials.

As they have remove Regenica from the market, and changed there business stratagy. The web site has been updated.

This is only my assumption, but I believe it has a solid grounding.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                    Inactive
                    • Jan 2011

Hey pennystock, could it be that ou are the banned ironMan? you use his pictures :-) clever

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                      Hey pennystock, could it be that ou are the banned ironMan? you use his pictures :-) clever
                      That's the first thing I thought RD lol. The writing style is a dead given.

But then I think he is actually talking about something other than Dr Gho.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                        Inactive
                        • Jan 2011

Yes its IronMan absolutely, even with a second nick you clearly know this. And that is "strange" because at hairsite he alwas said how he hat Spencer Kobren and that he doesnt need this bald truth forum.

Yeah yeah thats our beloved IronMan, even when he tries to hide is tracks, he writes the same way, uses the same exact fotos (head slap) etc. Boy this will be something to chew on, but i am glad that someone here also saw this the first second

Comment

• Penny Stock
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                          That's the first thing I thought RD lol. The writing style is a dead given.

But then I think he is actually talking about something other than Dr Gho.
                          Hey Guys,

I'm really not, my name is Nick and I live in New Zealand.

I signed up to hair site the other day as "Stock" to post a replay to one of his
                          posts, where I was disagreeing with him, and yes I did use one of his images, but it is easier to save the image and upload it to image shack than open a 6meg pdf and print screen.

As for Dr Gho, although you could draw parallels with his work, and the work of Replicel but its a stretch at best.
                          You can clearly see in the video with Scissorboy he believes the key to
                          hair regeneration is the dermal sheath cells (the ones on the side of the follicle). Replcel have proven that these cells aren’t the ones responsible for hair growth.

So while Gho maybe, and that’s a big maybe, able to regenerate the donor hair, I think its more from a mechanism he doesn't understand.

Comment

• Sogeking
                            • Feb 2011

Hey Penny Stock welcome to the forum. I believe your opinions are well founded. And I agree with most of them.

What is interesting to me is this:
                            Replicel is using dermal sheath cup cells and Aderans dermal papilla cells. They could possibly be implemented and used together in conjuction to increase efficacy. I wonder if that is possible... I mean use both in the replicating procedure and then implanting them both at the same time. That could be potentially better. This is just speculation and imagination from my end .

I believe in better treatments coming, my eyes have turned on other problems in my life. Which are unfortunately even worse for me than baldness.

Comment

• krewel
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
                              Hey Penny Stock welcome to the forum. I believe your opinions are well founded. And I agree with most of them.

Replicel is using dermal sheath cup cells and Aderans dermal papilla cells. They could possibly be implemented and used together in conjuction to increase efficacy.
                              Good point.

Comment

• Penny Stock
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking

Replicel is using dermal sheath cup cells and Aderans dermal papilla cells. They could possibly be implemented and used together in conjuction to increase efficacy. I wonder if that is possible... I mean use both in the replicating procedure and then implanting them both at the same time. That could be potentially better. This is just speculation and imagination from my end .

I believe in better treatments coming, my eyes have turned on other problems in my life. Which are unfortunately even worse for me than baldness.
                                Hey Man,

I can see how that makes logical sense, however I think that
                                the assumption is ,that the DSC cells are the building blocks of the hair follicle. ie they will create all the cells in a hair follicle, I mean Replicel even discard the DP cells and there is proof that these cells grow hair.

DSC cells and embryonic proteins and growth factors that reactivate follicular stem cells, would make a great combo I think.

Histogen + Replicel. ftw

Ps Sorry to hear things arn't going so well for ya.

Comment

Working...