X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mojo Risin
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Losing_It
    I think you need some sunshine in your life ^_^
    What's wrong with being realistic ? These guys haven't showed any results yet and you think it going to come around 2015 ? Get real son.

It's ten years away.

Comment

• CAlex
      • Feb 2011

I dont understand how you saying 10 years is any more realistic then someone saying 5 years.

In the interview it was explained how long trials are expected to take. 3.5 years was the number that kept being talked about. I obviously expect a few setbacks to occur so I think 5 years is a "realistic" time frame for replicel to be released somewhere if it shows shows high enough density regrowth.

you are just saying 10 years because it sounds so far away and will upset others hoping for it. Your timeline is based on zero facts. The guy stated he is not sure if they have created new hairs because it is a double blind study but still explained if it does grow hair 3.5 years is a loose timeline hat is doable.

mojo and richarddawkins just have nothing better to do with their time then to lurk on these forums. All the hair in the world wont fix these two guys.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Mojo Risin
        What's wrong with being realistic ? These guys haven't showed any results yet and you think it going to come around 2015 ? Get real son.

It's ten years away.
        Or it could be a year away or even a month. Who knows ? What if someone discovers a real simple treatment that won't require much on the part of the FDA crooks ? I don't consider myself as an "optimist" but this 10 year crap is just being said to agitate people. It could take a year or 50, we just don't know.

Comment

• uninformed
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by PinotQ
          Spencer, I did not have a chance to post prior to your interview with David Hall. Excellent interview and very informative. Aside from his insight, I thought his calm, confident demeanor was very encouraging. But I was wondering if would be possible for you to ask him 1 additional question:

In light of all of the past failures of products/concepts/treatments/procedures that have succesfully grown hair on mice yet failed at the human level, why does Replicel believe (not to mention project a great deal of confidence) that their procedure will be different?

I ask this question, not in a negative light, because I believe they will succeed on a level that has not yet been attained by others. I have read as much of the detailed research as I could find, theirs and other patents, the fact that DSC cells seem to be immune privileged (Jahoda), and everything I can find about their competitors. As positive as that all looks on paper though, what really puts them at the top for me is an intangible: the fact that they raised funding and moved into high gear, seemingly out of nowhere, after Aderans was already in Phase II. Other than assume they might have done a bit of self or under the radar testing, I am curious if there are other scientific reasons behind their confidence. Certainly, their late stage investors must have seen a very encouraging presentation of some sort. Thanks
          This is a very good point. Hope everything is well and those big 4 all come up with good results Q1 2012!

Comment

• gimmeasolution
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
            how come he couldn't answer kobren when he asked if they've replicated a hair or rejuvenated a hair at all yet?

it doesn't sound like they've really done much yet at all... I'd tone down the excitement

I do hope it works though
            Until they can provide clinical proof with the study they can't offer any answers on whether they've had any success in humans. I love the quiet confidence. I think you can read between the lines and the absolute confidence in David Hall's voice that they believe they've cracked the nut. They are doing the right thing by letting the science speak for itself. I believe they've done it and we'll all soon know.

Comment

• 67mph
              • Mar 2010

the man guniea pigs

Whenever i delve into hairloss research and see the latest possible hairloss cure, i always wonder who the people having the latest treatment done on them, are.

Which people have signed up to these trials, who are they, where they live, what do they do for a living, what do they have for breakfast, i feel they are almost verging on being nonentities and faceless (aswell as hairless) beings from the land of hairloss, but they play the 2nd biggest role in creating 'results'.

Hey, just my thoughts going out to this hairloss soliders that's all!

57mph

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 57mph
                Whenever i delve into hairloss research and see the latest possible hairloss cure, i always wonder who the people having the latest treatment done on them, are.

Which people have signed up to these trials, who are they, where they live, what do they do for a living, what do they have for breakfast, i feel they are almost verging on being nonentities and faceless (aswell as hairless) beings from the land of hairloss, but they play the 2nd biggest role in creating 'results'.

Hey, just my thoughts going out to this hairloss soliders that's all!

57mph
                I saw one guy who on another hair loss website who was part of Aderans's trial. Apparently what he got out of it were little pores that hair was supposed to grow out of, but either it didn't or the hair was very small and insignificant. But then again Aderans is part of the Bosley enterprise now and your average crack whore has better ethical standards than Bosley. Anyway though, I have much more confidence in Replicel as Mr. Hoffman and Mr. McElwee seem like very decent people. But yeah, I saw one of the Aderans trialists on another hair loss forum, but have yet to see any trial people for Histogen or Replicel on the hair loss forums.

Comment

• NAS
                  • Mar 2011

Difference between Replicel and Histogen?

Dear Spencer...

Thanks for the valueable info that you are providing us about future treatment. However im lost...

Whats really the difference between REPLICEL AND HISTOGEN?

They sound the same and the 2nd part of my question is

Which do you think make more sense and could be achieved sooner?

Comment

• greatjob!
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                    I saw one guy who on another hair loss website who was part of Aderans's trial. Apparently what he got out of it were little pores that hair was supposed to grow out of, but either it didn't or the hair was very small and insignificant. But then again Aderans is part of the Bosley enterprise now and your average crack whore has better ethical standards than Bosley. Anyway though, I have much more confidence in Replicel as Mr. Hoffman and Mr. McElwee seem like very decent people. But yeah, I saw one of the Aderans trialists on another hair loss forum, but have yet to see any trial people for Histogen or Replicel on the hair loss forums.
                    I would imagine the participants in most trails would have to sign a non-disclosure agreement otherwise the company would have no control over when and how their results are released

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

Wait for results, then predict a timeline. Let's all just be excited about this.

It's that simple.

Comment

• Penny Stock
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by NAS
                        Dear Spencer...

Thanks for the valueable info that you are providing us about future treatment. However im lost...

Whats really the difference between REPLICEL AND HISTOGEN?

They sound the same and the 2nd part of my question is

Which do you think make more sense and could be achieved sooner?
                        Hey Man,

I'll summarise this as best as I can, however without reading all the available documentation you’ll probably struggle to grasp it fully.

Histrogen use a process that is designed to mimic an embryonic state, from that they utilise different parts of the bi-product for different applications.(They are not solely looking for a hair loss cure). And they are using the naturally secreted growth factors, proteins from that process to stimulate hair growth.

It’s really Aderans research and Replicel that have the most in common.

The fundamental differences, and advantages over the likes of Histrogen are, that they are both using, and multiplying D.H.T resistant hair cells. This is great because the cells come from your body, and they are the exact cell required for hair regeneration.

The difference between Aderans research and Replicel, is really the type of hair cells they are using and the incubation time.

Here's a link to Replicels paper on: Cultured Peribulbar Dermal Sheath Cells Can Induce Hair Follicle Development and Contribute to the Dermal Sheath and Dermal Papilla.

It was around this time patents were applied for internationally.

Aderans research cultivates there D.P cells for 6-8weeks
                        Replicel cultivates there D.S.C cells for 12weeks.

Considering Exponential growth, with regards to cell division, it’s probably safe to assume Replicel are producing well a lot more cells, for the use in their experiments.

I could go on but the information on all four companies is readily available.

I'm sure you'll find some interesting info out there, if you look hard enough.

Happy Googling.

Comment

• Penny Stock
                          • Sep 2011

Ps. Here's some light reading

The present disclosure provides methods and systems for increasing hair growth in subjects in need thereof due to male- or female-pattern hair loss, pathological hair loss, or hair

and a video

Comment

• Penny Stock
                            • Sep 2011

I can't seem to edit my first post but I made a mistake.

It was Intercytex who were cultivating the DP Cells.
                            Aderans research brought there intellectual property.

Aderans research is cultivating two types of cells,
                            dermal cells and epidermal cells.

Comment

• HairTalk
                              • Feb 2011

So, are we all jumping from the Histogen bandwagon onto the RepliCel, now?

Comment

• HairTalk
                                • Feb 2011

RepliCel:

~March, 2012: Phase I of testing complete; results available.

~Early 2014: Phase II begins: 3 mos. to enroll pts.; 3 mos. to replicate/inject cells; 6 mos. till follow-up.

2015: release, if all goes well.

Comment

Working...