Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

Originally posted by krewel
    I'm so sad. 2015 feels like lightyears away for me. I was expecting 2014 or maybe even 2013. On 2015 I'll be like 25 years old
    If this is out when you're 25 then happy days. Nowadays 25 is really young, you'd still have a great portion of your youth rocking a full head of hair. That's a good positive spin you can put on things. If it comes out in 2015 I'll be 29 and delighted. I'm thinking 2016. Guess that wouldn't be so bad either. I really prefer this solution to Histogen. Regenerative medicine is in it's infancy. A lot of things are going to radically change over the next couple of decades.

Comment

• Penny Stock
      • Sep 2011

Anyone notice the slight slip of the tounge at 44:10 in the Interview?

Am I missing somthing or has good old Dr Rolf Hoffmann has been working on this for a while.

Dr Batra's Clinic to Promote Hair Cloning in India

Thy claim that the success rate of cloning would double that of the standard treatments available nowadays
      Dr Batra's Clinic, India's largest chain of homeopathy clinics in India, is in process of working with Prof Dr Rolf Hoffmann, eminent dermatologist and the President of the European Hair Research Society (EHRS).
      "The process of hair cloning will bring an answer for hair growth to millions if balding people across the world, particularly women, who have no effective answer to their balding as on date," said Dr Hoffman, known worldwide for inventing the Trichoscan—the world's first ever tool to monitor hair density and measure treatment efficacy. He said that close to 40 per cent of women in their 40's and 50 per cent of women in their 50's experience hair loss.
      The procedure of cloning is unique since it's the only one to use the cup cells of the hair to clone and grow new hair. A very small area of hair is taken from the patients scalp. The cells are taken from the cup of these hair follicles, multiplied in a laboratory for three months and then injected onto the balding areas of the patient's scalp.
      Prof Dr Hoffmann added that this procedure has so far no potential side effects and that it can re-grow large amounts of hair in a period of two years for people with diffuse hair loss. He estimates the success rate of cloning to double that of the standard treatments available nowadays.
      The process of hair cloning is estimated to become a reality for patients in a few years.

Prof Dr Hoffmann indicated his interest in bringing the process to India. He said "The good reputation, number of clinics and the large patient base held by Dr Batra's Clinic makes it a potential partner to bring cloning into India."
      Dr Mukesh Batra, Chairman and MD Dr Batra's Clinic, said, "Bringing cloning to India would be an ideal extension of our brand and would be a very good answer for all hair patients in India."
      Prof Dr Hoffmann said that the estimated hair care market worldwide is pegged at 150 billion USD. The hair transplant business is estimated to at 1.2 billion USD with an estimated 7,00,000 patients per year visiting a hair transplant surgeon. Prof Dr Hoffmann emphasised the dream of growing multiple hairs from a few donor hair follicles or hair follicle cloning.
      EH News Bureau

Comment

• uninformed
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Penny Stock
        Anyone notice the slight slip of the tounge at 44:10 in the Interview?

Am I missing somthing or has good old Dr Rolf Hoffmann has been working on this for a while.

Dr Batra's Clinic to Promote Hair Cloning in India

Thy claim that the success rate of cloning would double that of the standard treatments available nowadays
        Dr Batra's Clinic, India's largest chain of homeopathy clinics in India, is in process of working with Prof Dr Rolf Hoffmann, eminent dermatologist and the President of the European Hair Research Society (EHRS).
        "The process of hair cloning will bring an answer for hair growth to millions if balding people across the world, particularly women, who have no effective answer to their balding as on date," said Dr Hoffman, known worldwide for inventing the Trichoscan—the world's first ever tool to monitor hair density and measure treatment efficacy. He said that close to 40 per cent of women in their 40's and 50 per cent of women in their 50's experience hair loss.
        The procedure of cloning is unique since it's the only one to use the cup cells of the hair to clone and grow new hair. A very small area of hair is taken from the patients scalp. The cells are taken from the cup of these hair follicles, multiplied in a laboratory for three months and then injected onto the balding areas of the patient's scalp.
        Prof Dr Hoffmann added that this procedure has so far no potential side effects and that it can re-grow large amounts of hair in a period of two years for people with diffuse hair loss. He estimates the success rate of cloning to double that of the standard treatments available nowadays.
        The process of hair cloning is estimated to become a reality for patients in a few years.

Prof Dr Hoffmann indicated his interest in bringing the process to India. He said "The good reputation, number of clinics and the large patient base held by Dr Batra's Clinic makes it a potential partner to bring cloning into India."
        Dr Mukesh Batra, Chairman and MD Dr Batra's Clinic, said, "Bringing cloning to India would be an ideal extension of our brand and would be a very good answer for all hair patients in India."
        Prof Dr Hoffmann said that the estimated hair care market worldwide is pegged at 150 billion USD. The hair transplant business is estimated to at 1.2 billion USD with an estimated 7,00,000 patients per year visiting a hair transplant surgeon. Prof Dr Hoffmann emphasised the dream of growing multiple hairs from a few donor hair follicles or hair follicle cloning.
        EH News Bureau
        Nicely spotted mate. Maybe they do have some kinda of prelim results. One can only hope.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
          "the FDA is totally corrupt and heavily in the....." , Oh DepressedByHairLoss, how could you say that about the venerable FDA? You must be a conspiracy theorist. Of course I'm being sarcastic. But I'm glad there are people out there who are not clueless ostriches and sheep and who know that the FDA is more about serving special interest groups (doctors, big pharma and their lobbyists) and making money than about serving the public. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out HT doctors and the makers of Minox, Fin... are pressuring the FDA not to allow any real hair loss treatment from being available any time soon.
          Watch how the sheep will respond, lol.
          The FDA is a puppet for the pharmaceutical industry, doctors, and their lobbyists; absolutely no question about it. Independent politicians (Ron Paul, Jesse Ventura) bring this up all the time. And it absolutely makes sense that these hair transplant doctors do not want any new and innovative hair treatment to come to market. If something better came along, then they would be put out of business. I mean, you even see doctors and representatives of doctors on here subtlely bashing Dr. Ziering and downgrading his credibility. It's because they don't want people to believe in Histogen, and instead rush out to get these goddamn hair transplants. It has pissed me off for a long time ever since I started losing my hair. There are just so few options to treat hair loss. All of these doctors offer hair transplants, and hair transplants only, despite the fact that they know that most people don't want them and that most people are fed up with today's options of Rogaine and Propecia.
          Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Merck (makers of Propecia), Johnson & Johnson (makers of Rogaine) and the hair transplant doctors and their lobbyists are pressuring the FDA not to allow any other hair loss treatments to reach the market. Look at what's happening with bimatoprost (Latisse). They started using it to attempt to treat baldness better, and once the FDA got wind up of it, they were on them like flies on shit, basically issuing them an open letter to cease and desist. Unfortunately, everyone today is out for their own self-interest. The HT doctors want to continue to make money the best way they know how (through hair transplants) and the makers of Propecia want to continue to make money by peddling Propecia (which would be irrelevant if a better hair loss treatment came along).
          VictimOfDHT, I think you and me are more quick to point this out because we have a hell of a lot more invested in our hair loss. You had a good deal of your transplanted hair fall out and I'm just depressed beyond belief over my degree of hair loss. I think people who have just a tiny bit of hair loss (some minor shedding that they corrected or they still have a ton of hair, just a slight receding hair line) are not as pissed off with hair loss as people like us who have been more drastically affected by hair loss. After all, people with very minor hair loss can still go out to bars and still post photos on facebook without people noticing their hair loss.
          It is just unacceptable to me that we have to continue living life with this ****in disease and a cure has not been found already (and very few people are even trying to find a cure). As I've said many times, I wouldn't be nearly as pissed off if there were more attempts by more companies to cure hair loss. If a ton of people/companies tested various things ON HUMANS after they worked to grow hair on mice, but these things just were proven not to grow hair effectively on humans, then I would understand. But all we have is a ton of things that have been proven to regrow hair in mice, and have shown potential to regrow hair in humans, but have never been taken past the mouse stage. It just makes me so mad because things like Noggin, Nestin, BMP inhibitors, etc. could really be what we're looking for to regrow our hair, but no one even tries to test them beyond stupid mouse experiments. All of these things are proven to regrow hair in mice, but never tested beyond that stage. Instead we're stuck with Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants, which work about as effectively on hair loss as a tricycle trying to combat a Mack truck.
          But that being said, I really do applaud companies like Histogen and Replicel who are making significant attempts to cure hair loss. If there were more companies like them out there, then I would be a happy man.

Comment

• CAlex
            • Feb 2011

this seems very similar to histogen. I think it is just a matter of time before one of these types of treatments gets the correct ****tail or dose to end most hair loss.

histogen and Replicel will either be the next generation of treatments that reach the market or will be paving the way for the next companies to build on.

It really is just a matter of time before this is cured. It really does suck though that this thread and forum has begun to be overrun by a bunch or trolls and guys whos only pleasure in life seems to be trying to get a rise out of people on here.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CAlex
              this seems very similar to histogen. I think it is just a matter of time before one of these types of treatments gets the correct ****tail or dose to end most hair loss.

histogen and Replicel will either be the next generation of treatments that reach the market or will be paving the way for the next companies to build on.

It really is just a matter of time before this is cured. It really does suck though that this thread and forum has begun to be overrun by a bunch or trolls and guys whos only pleasure in life seems to be trying to get a rise out of people on here.
              I hope you're not talking about me man, because that is not my intention at all. I'm just stating my frustration that until these new treatments come to fruition, we are stuck with very limited and ineffective solutions like minoxidil, finasteride, and hair transplants. It frustrates me so much because I want to fight hair loss with all my being, yet we don't have nearly enough options to combat it. I just hope Replicel solution comes out sooner than later because a lot of people are losing some of their vital years due to hair loss.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                • Dec 2010

Hmmm very interesting find Penny Stock. Where did you find that and what's the date?

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by CVAZBAR
                  Hmmm very interesting find Penny Stock. Where did you find that and what's the date?
                  yes please post the link..

so he admits it grows large amounts of hair within two years?

and then the article ends with...

"Prof Dr Hoffmann emphasised the dream of growing multiple hairs from a few donor hair follicles or hair follicle cloning."

????????????????????????????????????????

so first he says he clones hair and then he emphasized the dream of cloned hair?

uhh

either way I hope to god this is offered in india within the next two years.. please

Comment

• GBB
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                    yes please post the link..

so he admits it grows large amounts of hair within two years?

and then the article ends with...

"Prof Dr Hoffmann emphasised the dream of growing multiple hairs from a few donor hair follicles or hair follicle cloning."

????????????????????????????????????????

so first he says he clones hair and then he emphasized the dream of cloned hair?

uhh

either way I hope to god this is offered in india within the next two years.. please
                    This article appeared in March 2008. BTW, I am from India, and I have been a patient at Dr. Batras. I wouldn't count on Dr. Batra's credibility, manned by ignorant quacks that they are. Anyway, obviously nothing much has happened on this front, because Dr. Batra's still hasn't tried cloning on a single patient.
                    But, if Replicel, or Histogen, or any of these companies get past the safety and baseline efficacy barrier, they should really look at India as a market to cover their FDA trial costs at least. The market is mostly unregulated, and there will be no dearth of patients. Hair restoration is a thriving sunshine industry here.

Comment

• CAlex
                      • Feb 2011

DepressedByHairLoss. No my comments were not aimed at you. There are 3 guys that I just see patrol so many threads and just try and cause problems and one of them is already posting on this thread. They basically have destroyed the histogen dr ziering thread.

lots of interesting things in that interview. Great to know some companies already challenging the fda overstepping its role. Might definitely speed things up down the line.

Basically between histogen, Replicel, Follica, and aderans we currently have 4 different methods being tested. Some using drug concoction and others using different types of our own cells to try and coax new growth. Lets just hope one of them is able to produce high density regrowth.

even if nothing arrives until 2017 Id be fine waiting.

Comment

• Mojo Risin
                        • Mar 2011

It's 10 years away.

Comment

• follicle
                          • May 2011

More than likely its not going to be 10 years....there's a huge race between all of these companies to make a lot of money....there not going to wait around for the competition, because of this, I'm sure we will see some sort of cure before 10 years.

Just adding my optimism

Comment

• Losing_It
                            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Mojo Risin
                            It's 10 years away.
                            I think you need some sunshine in your life ^_^

Comment

• HelpROGER
                              • Dec 2008

The problem with all forums is that, just like in life, there will always be negative, rude, unhappy people. I trust Spencer Kobren’s opinion because it’s the only one that really counts here as far as if this is a real potential solution and when it might be available. The guys that venture over here from hairsite and the other negative forums, which I can’t stand to read, don’t know anything about anything. They are just fools who like getting a lot of attention on hair loss forums. People who conduct themselves like that should just be ignored.
                              This is exciting and I have a very good felling about it. I'd prefer not to allow these idiots to dictate how I feel about the future of this treatment and will go by the facts. I think everyone else should do the same!

Comment

• PinotQ
                                • May 2010

Additonal Replicel Question

Spencer, I did not have a chance to post prior to your interview with David Hall. Excellent interview and very informative. Aside from his insight, I thought his calm, confident demeanor was very encouraging. But I was wondering if would be possible for you to ask him 1 additional question:

In light of all of the past failures of products/concepts/treatments/procedures that have succesfully grown hair on mice yet failed at the human level, why does Replicel believe (not to mention project a great deal of confidence) that their procedure will be different?

I ask this question, not in a negative light, because I believe they will succeed on a level that has not yet been attained by others. I have read as much of the detailed research as I could find, theirs and other patents, the fact that DSC cells seem to be immune privileged (Jahoda), and everything I can find about their competitors. As positive as that all looks on paper though, what really puts them at the top for me is an intangible: the fact that they raised funding and moved into high gear, seemingly out of nowhere, after Aderans was already in Phase II. Other than assume they might have done a bit of self or under the radar testing, I am curious if there are other scientific reasons behind their confidence. Certainly, their late stage investors must have seen a very encouraging presentation of some sort. Thanks

Comment

Working...