Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Chris511026
    What are the side effects of bimatoprost? Are there really facial ageing side effects and/or heart problems?
    pigmentation is the only one i've heard of as of now, but i'm not sure how many are actually affected by this.

Comment

• Chris511026
      • May 2013

Testimonies

Has anyone here tried for themselves bimatoprost for hair loss?

Comment

• HARIRI
        • Nov 2012

The sides of Bimatoprost are awful especially the pigmentation and the dark eye circles. I wouldn't screw my face for my hair. Facial beauty is way much more important than Hair. The company should really solve this issue before bringing it to the market.

I heard it could give twice facial issues than Minoxidil. I decided to apply Minoxidil once a day because of Eye circle problem which somehow diminished after reducing my intake from twice to once a day. Screw topicals!

Comment

• PinotQ
          • May 2010

Chris511026, I tried it for about 9 months. I saw improvement and darkening of the hairs in the crown and I saw it very quickly..........I believe in under 2 months. I was somewhat in disbelief as I did not think any sort of progress, no matter how little, in that time frame was physically possible. I would say that there was a slight reduction in the circumference of the bald spot and a slight thickening of hairs within it using 3 drops per night. Progress seemed to then fade and then come back over the next 6 months. Overall, I would characterize it as noticeable but not substantial. No noticeable improvement at the hairline using 3 drops per side. No side effects whatsoever other than the fact that this stuff is extremely expensive. At a more powerful dosage, and especially in combination with a DHT neutralizer, there may be some potential here. Too soon to tell.

Comment

• Chris511026
            • May 2013

Bimatoprost

How does bimatoprost compare to propecia in terms of effectiveness? PinotQ

Comment

• rdawg
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by PinotQ
              Chris511026, I tried it for about 9 months. I saw improvement and darkening of the hairs in the crown and I saw it very quickly..........I believe in under 2 months. I was somewhat in disbelief as I did not think any sort of progress, no matter how little, in that time frame was physically possible. I would say that there was a slight reduction in the circumference of the bald spot and a slight thickening of hairs within it using 3 drops per night. Progress seemed to then fade and then come back over the next 6 months. Overall, I would characterize it as noticeable but not substantial. No noticeable improvement at the hairline using 3 drops per side. No side effects whatsoever other than the fact that this stuff is extremely expensive. At a more powerful dosage, and especially in combination with a DHT neutralizer, there may be some potential here. Too soon to tell.
              This is generally what I read in terms of results for those that do try the off-label eyelash stuff.

This stuff works, period. Probably a little better than minoxidil, the problem is cost vs. minoxidil and dosage, this could really help those with a hairline starting to recede, min doesnt do much there, bim could potentially reverse those vellus hairs.

It's just really dissapointing that it wont be out until around the time histogen comes out, still a solid 2-3 years away at least.

Comment

• Chris511026
                • May 2013

Maintain

That's great that bimatoprost causes even slight hair growth, but does it also slow down further hair loss? Does it maintain hair that you have like propecia?

Comment

• rdawg
                  • Jun 2012

That's great that bimatoprost causes even slight hair growth, but does it also slow down further hair loss? Does it maintain hair that you have like propecia?
                  No idea my friend, but from what they've spoken on results and from the people that have used it off-label it seems to maintain it fairly well after a short period at least. But that's very much just guessing, bim would have to release the full results.

It seems more like a complimentary product like minoxidil, I see it as Minoxidil 2.0, the upgraded version that actually has a noticeable affect, but you still need a DHT inhibitor to maintain.

I have contemplated going on this stuff off-label for a month or two, just to see if anything happens, but that would be such a tease, I cant afford a whole year of it!

Comment

• PinotQ
                    • May 2010

Chris511026, I have no idea whether bimatoprost can maintain. I suspect it would work similarly to minoxidil just stronger which would mean it might recruit more hairs into growing and prolong the anagen phase in general. However, I suppose it is possible that it could alter the ratio of growth factors to pdg2 enough to maintain.

Comment

• Chris511026
                      • May 2013

Did it maintain your hair when you were on it? Was there anymore thinning?

Comment

• Chris511026
                        • May 2013

Hair Loss Prevention

So does anyone know if bimatoprost protects hair from DHT? Or can maintain hair?

Comment

• Chris511026
                          • May 2013

rdawg

So rdawg your saying from what youve heard that bimatoprost if taken regularly will maintain hair?

Comment

• rdawg
                            • Jun 2012

So rdawg your saying from what youve heard that bimatoprost if taken regularly will maintain hair?
                            not necessarily, I've just read around and seen people test the 0.1% eyelash stuff themselves, many of them experienced minor-medium growth(say 15-20%) even on the hairline, it wasn't lifechanging but it was noticeable. By growth I mean mostly vellus turning to terminal, I didnt see any bald spots fill in alot.

It's hard to say if it will maintain because people that have trialed it have only used it for 6 months-year, but they seemed to maintain yes

If you have the money, try it out, but it's not cheap.

Comment

• PinotQ
                              • May 2010

The description that it was noticable but not lifechanging is a perfect way to describe it although, for me, only at the crown as I didn't seem to get anything at the hairline. I would say I have continued to have gradual thinning at the hairline. Over a 6 to 9 month time frame, I would think it would be very hard to know whether there was maintenance simply b/c if bimatoprost works by prolonging the anagen phase, this extended phase could give the illusion of maintenance.

Comment

• Jens1986
                                • May 2013

Does bimatoprost work well on eye brows?

Comment

Working...