Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Curlybill99
    • Aug 2011

I think i read somewhere phase 3 usually lasts the longest.. I hope they got something good that can hold us off till histogen breaks through. That would be nice.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

PhIII will probably take 4 - 5 years if everything goes to plan.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
        Inactive
        • Jan 2011

I think till then, HST will become more wide spread, absolutely

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
          • Feb 2011

I don't think Phase III lasts nearly that long (4-5 years).

Comment

• Jundam
            • Mar 2011

Not sure how long it'll last but I remember reading that they don't even need to enter phase III before releasing it in Singapore or possibly Asia in its entirety due to looser regulations that only requires clinical trials to establish proof of concept and safety. Phase III would on the other hand be required for countries with stricter regulations such as US.

Basically you can the treatment prior to completion of phase III but there's of course a little bit more risk to it. Things like dosage and injection technique is likely to be optimized during phase III as well as long term safety concerns to be further evaluated.

Comment

• Cory
              • Jun 2011

Replicel is doing same thing, testing only safety and efficency which will help them get treatment earlier, still if everything goes as planned for Histogen, it's still 2014. and there would be nothing while we wait unless Follica has something.

It's shame that in 2011 neither we have "cure" or efficient treatment.

Comment

• Jundam
                • Mar 2011

Definitely is. Hair loss is a worry I could do without. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about the future, and that feels pretty good. Rather have a regular smile with an occasional frown than the other way around. Hope everybody else feels the same.

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                  I don't think Phase III lasts nearly that long (4-5 years).
                  You're right actually - Aderans will finish PhII Q1 next year and state they will have a product ready for 2014.

In a recent statement Ken Washenik stated they are three years away.

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Cory
                    Replicel is doing same thing, testing only safety and efficency which will help them get treatment earlier, still if everything goes as planned for Histogen, it's still 2014. and there would be nothing while we wait unless Follica has something.

It's shame that in 2011 neither we have "cure" or efficient treatment.
                    I have a lot of hope for Replicel - not least because it is headed by the great Rolf Hoffmann - who is truly putting nearly 20 years of research into a viable product.

But apparently we dont need professionals according to Iron_Man.

Comment

• stillinHS1994
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Jundam
                      Not sure how long it'll last but I remember reading that they don't even need to enter phase III before releasing it in Singapore or possibly Asia in its entirety due to looser regulations that only requires clinical trials to establish proof of concept and safety. Phase III would on the other hand be required for countries with stricter regulations such as US.

Basically you can the treatment prior to completion of phase III but there's of course a little bit more risk to it. Things like dosage and injection technique is likely to be optimized during phase III as well as long term safety concerns to be further evaluated.
                      I think there will be quite an increase in bald passengers traveling on planes to asia in the next few years lol

Comment

• Sogeking
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                        I have a lot of hope for Replicel - not least because it is headed by the great Rolf Hoffmann - who is truly putting nearly 20 years of research into a viable product.

But apparently we dont need professionals according to Iron_Man.
                        Me too. Ever since they were known as Trichoscience, their approach, efforts and the dermal sheath cup cells placement treatment. If I'm not mistaken, correct me if I am, thats partly the HST procedure. And since, according to some, HST works my money is on the Replicel .

Data from the first trial after the 6 months follow up will be available in quarter1 of 2012. I think that by the end of 2012 we will atleast see which future treatments are possible.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
                          If I'm not mistaken, correct me if I am, thats partly the HST procedure. And since, according to some, HST works my money is on the Replicel .
                          I honestly [along with most others] do not have the information to agree/disagree with that comment.

I do believe HST works, its [proposed] efficacy in comparison to the work of Replicel is something I am dying to see.

Comment

• Sogeking
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                            I honestly [along with most others] do not have the information to agree/disagree with that comment.

I do believe HST works, its [proposed] efficacy in comparison to the work of Replicel is something I am dying to see.
                            Same here. Hairsite is full with those praising HST, however I am still sceptic and haven't decided if it is or isn't efficient.

Comment

• Jundam
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stillinHS1994
                              I think there will be quite an increase in bald passengers traveling on planes to asia in the next few years lol
                              Even if Histogen solves it(or solves it well enough) I still think the ones heading to Asia for treatment will be limited to the rich and the desperate. The others will save the money and wait for it to come closer to home. If it means I can stop Propecia sooner rather than later I'll gladly board an airplane though. I feel fine on it but I really hate using something that alters my hormones.

That said I might be underestimating our kind and we'll see new airline companies for the follicly challenge starting up with some clever slogan about shuttling us off to hairier life. On-flight movies limited to action flicks with Bruce Willis and Jason Statham on the way there, Brad Pitt and George Clooney romantic comedies on the way back. Oh sweet dreams.
                              Good night.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                                Inactive
                                • Jan 2011

Nope they are not praising HST they only say whats up right now. And i agree with Gho supporters because those people also push the envelope because this is a signal for surgeons to investigate further into regenerative processes.

While traditional FUT mills live from people like this SPanishDude who always waters every thread down with pokemon dummy research stuff

Comment

Working...