Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thinning@30
    • Mar 2010

I agree that Histogen's results are promising, but I wish they would give us an update on the status of their trials. I'm worried. It would be nice to know if they actually began the Phase I/II trials in July like they said they would. Granted they wouldn't have much as far as results after only a few weeks, but certainly they could tell us if all the subjects have been recruited and given their injections yet.

Comment

• Dasani
      • Jun 2011

Yeah I'm really not expecting to hear much until the end of the year or Q1 2012, which is fine I know these companies are busy with testing and probably don't have much to report until all data has been collected. But yes I agree it would be nice to have a confirmation that Histogen's trails began and are in progress.

Comment

• MrRyan
        • Aug 2011

I have a few questions if any of you would like to answer, i was thinking Histogen has already done an initial safety trial with no adverse effects, and it seems that they had a good result in terms of helping at least keep hair on the head and stopping further hair loss, so they have a product that works and is safe, yes they have a lot of refining to do to make an optimum treatment i understand that, but why not market what they have i mean i'm guessing nearly everyone here would go for it, even an unrefined product. It seems to be a thousand times better than any of the crap offered to us at the minute.

The reason i say this is they need funding right ? well the revenue they would get would be massive and it would allow them to carry on with their research as they please, and in the process help us unfortunate hair loss sufferers. My second question is, and i know that know one really knows, but is Histogen really just for people with thinning hair, say a person has had hair missing for around a year or two would it rejuvenate that hair back in to growth or is that just never going to happen, i know the second question is really opinion, but i would still like to hear your views on it.

Thanks.

Comment

• Dasani
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by MrRyan
          I have a few questions if any of you would like to answer, i was thinking Histogen has already done an initial safety trial with no adverse effects, and it seems that they had a good result in terms of helping at least keep hair on the head and stopping further hair loss, so they have a product that works and is safe, yes they have a lot of refining to do to make an optimum treatment i understand that, but why not market what they have i mean i'm guessing nearly everyone here would go for it, even an unrefined product. It seems to be a thousand times better than any of the crap offered to us at the minute.

The reason i say this is they need funding right ? well the revenue they would get would be massive and it would allow them to carry on with their research as they please, and in the process help us unfortunate hair loss sufferers. My second question is, and i know that know one really knows, but is Histogen really just for people with thinning hair, say a person has had hair missing for around a year or two would it rejuvenate that hair back in to growth or is that just never going to happen, i know the second question is really opinion, but i would still like to hear your views on it.

Thanks.
          Well histogens initial clinical trails were aimed at establishing safety, but that was only 24 patients. They need to conduct further trials to further establish safety and improve the efficacy of their results before they can bring a product to market. The initial results were very promising, with an average of 57 new hairs per cm2 from a baseline injection with results showing no signs of wearing off after two years. The great hope is that further trails confirm the safety of this product and repeated injections induce further hair growth.

Comment

• stillinHS1994
            • Jul 2011

^^^^ GOOD SH&T!!! let's just hope it keeps going well in the trials

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by stillinHS1994
              ^^^^ GOOD SH&T!!! let's just hope it keeps going well in the trials
              1994.. good year... those were the days.

Comment

• stillinHS1994
                • Jul 2011

Would have been even better if they cured Mpb the year I was born...wouldn't be worrying about this shit now 17 years later in high school.....f my genetics

Comment

• Dasani
                  • Jun 2011

Haha yeah, I know how you feel man. Hopefully one of the big 4 will come up with a cure in the next couple of years and we can all go on living our lives with full heads of hair and not having to think about MPB.

If they do cure it however, we're all going to intensely appreciate the hair that we'll have - that's for sure.

Comment

• Cory
                    • Jun 2011

It looks like that Histogen and Replicel might be end, from no effective treatment all these years till cure.

I'm really most excited about HSC even the hair wont last forever, you should go every couple years for maintence and price is OK.

Replicel will have something to report in Q2012, I guess Histogen will also have some news about same time, 2014 could be "the year", maybe even Replicel comes out also same year.

Only thing I'm also curious is Follica, it's looks that they have big nothing, George Costeralis is only big on words.

Comment

• Dasani
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Cory
                      It looks like that Histogen and Replicel might be end, from no effective treatment all these years till cure.

I'm really most excited about HSC even the hair wont last forever, you should go every couple years for maintence and price is OK.

Replicel will have something to report in Q2012, I guess Histogen will also have some news about same time, 2014 could be "the year", maybe even Replicel comes out also same year.

Only thing I'm also curious is Follica, it's looks that they have big nothing, George Costeralis is only big on words.
                      I'm excited by all of the potential treatments coming down the pipeline. For the first time the big 4 are all actually growing significant amounts of new, terminal hairs.

Over the years we've moved from hair loss being inevitable with nothing you can do about it. To hairloss being temporarily halted and/or slowed down (with minor regrowth) with treatments like rogaine and propecia. To now we're actually moving towards growing new hairs. We're basically coming to the end of male pattern baldness being an inevitable part of life for many people. For thousands of years men have had to deal with MPB. It's definitely going to end during our lifetimes. The big questions is how much longer, not 'if.'

I've been very successful with propecia and rogaine. I caught my hair loss very early and I managed to regrow some of what I've lost to the point where I'm comfortable with the amount of hair that I have. My hope is that the effects of propecia and rogaine last until a superior treatment comes out.

Comment

• doinmyheadin
                        • Nov 2010

Any more news on trials? Have they started yet?

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Megalols, it seems Iron_Man on HairSite has only just read the Raising Hairs article on Nature Biotech:

http://www.************/hair-loss/bo...ategory-1.html

Iron_Man, here is the full paragraph that contains the line you used to solidify your silly contention that HSC is all hype n doomed to failure:

Follica is in clinical trials to optimize both the device and drug components. Ju would not discuss specifics of the trial design, in part because consumer interest is so intense. “There's a lot of good work going on in hair growth, but there's a lot of hype in the field as well. A lot of times patients have this rollercoaster: 'Oh, there's a great discovery!' 'Oh, it didn't work.' Because of that, we take a relatively conservative route in terms of disclosure.”
                          Your contention that Ju [Follica CEO William Ju] was referring specifically to HSC here is, with all due respect, absolute bollocks, I could just as easily state that Ju was referring to HSC as "the good work" and [for arguments sake] Gho as the hype (dont have a heart attack I still think Gho's procedure works).

In addition to hair-stimulating complex, Histogen is deriving products for skin care and post-laser surgery healing and dermal filler for other wound-healing applications. For hair loss, the hair-stimulating complex is injected into the scalp at the level of where the stem cells are known to be, Naughton says. “What we've found is only a 0.1 cc injection of our material, a one-time injection, creates 25 new hairs within about 2 mm of the injection site. And the hair not only continues to grow during the first year, but at the two-year follow-up, it continues to be present.”

Full article can be accessed here:

Comment

• Dasani
                            • Jun 2011

"25 hairs per 2mm around the injection site." That's very good news for two reasons. First, if HSC has that level of control/accuracy in growing new hairs around the entire scalp it can be used on the hairline without fear of an irregular pattern.

Second, 25 hairs in a 2mm^2 area is a lot. Almost too much, which makes me want to confirm those are the correct numbers. This is why:

If natural human hair density averages around 200 hairs / cm^2, then the average human hair density of 2mm^2 should be about 4 hairs. If histogen is generating 25 hairs in an area of 2mm^2 that means they have achieved 625% average human hair density in that given area.

Another way of putting it, if they achieve an average density of 25 hairs per 2mm^2 area all around the scalp, that's 1,250 hairs per cm^2.

Please someone, check my math.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                              Inactive
                              • Jan 2011

I agree this is almost too much i also wanna see results but i agree with IronMan you could use Histogens HSC as an HST accelerator

Comment

• CAlex
                                • Feb 2011

I didnt see it say 2mm2 unless im reading it wrong. Wouldn't it be more like 4mm2?

very basic dot picture to illustrate lol

. . .
                                . . .
                                . . .

--->
                                4mm

Center dot is injection site. Hairs are created 2mm up, 2mm to the right and 2mm to the left(4MM across) and 2 mm down.

so 4mm makes more sense unless my interpretation or math is wrong. 4mm2 is almost 1/2 a cm squared where normal density for that area would be between 70-100 hairs. SO the 25 hair data fits in with their earlier info on how effective their treatment was in the preclinical trial

It does bode well for accurate hairline work. All I care is that this stuff gets to market. I dont care if its 2014 or 2016- 17

Comment

Working...