Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
    You think Histogen is trying to "nail distribution channels [...] to get the mass market"? They haven't even begun clinical trials, yet (what's been conducted is a pilot study), and you feel they're right now figuring ways to get their product into the market? This is something other than "hopefulness" or "optimism," altogether.
    Yeah... I agree... that was a repulsively moronic comment.

Comment

• Purple Glow
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by KeepHoping
      I'm stunned by how negative people are about this... I think if you have a lot of vellus hairs sticking around and you save them for as long as you can this is in fact the "magic bullet" it will send you back to the density you want. They have presented (by far) the best results thus far AND with only one injection and a small dose, with multiple injections and higher doses you could have an ever better result and most likely will.
      I don't even care about the density. If they can offer enough hair that someone can just add a little nanogen every day to add the density you need, that's a baldness cure, imo.

Comment

• nature
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dr. Craig Ziering
        Histogen is performing exploratory case studies in Asia where patients are receiving 50+ injections at base line to assess hair growth over time. The Company hopes to have initial results from the first case studies in the next four weeks and plans on sharing those with the hair transplant community.

Doc Z
        What doc Z mean whit that 50+ injections at base line.One man or all people in this study?? Larger area of baseline or baseline size from last preclinical study??
        What do you thing?

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by nature
          What doc Z mean whit that 50+ injections at base line.One man or all people in this study?? Larger area of baseline or baseline size from last preclinical study??
          What do you thing?
          50 patients/subjects, they wouldn't jump from one injection to 50, God knows what type of mutated super-hair that would create.

Comment

• Spanish Dude
            Inactive
            • Oct 2010

@UK:
            It clearly looks to me like they are giving 50+ injections per patient.
            There is a wrong idea floating around that HSC consists of a single injection affecting the whole scalp. This is not true. A single injection grows hair only in a small area around it.

Originally posted by Dr. Craig Ziering
            Histogen is performing exploratory case studies in Asia where patients are receiving 50+ injections at base line to assess hair growth over time. The Company hopes to have initial results from the first case studies in the next four weeks and plans on sharing those with the hair transplant community.

Doc Z

Comment

• CAlex
              • Feb 2011

spanish dude is correct.

The growth results were seen in an area of 2mm outward from the injection sites. I think i am going to take a time off from these sites. things are moving slow in a day to day way so I will check back in 6 months. Coming on here day in for the next 2-5 years is no way to stay sane.

see you all in a while

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                Inactive
                • Jan 2011

Totally agree, i will from now on only check my emails if someone answered one of those threads here, because its not about the sanity its more about the exitement which is killing me :-)

But Spanish Dude is correct the will inject more, and if they can get more hairs by more and closer injections, you guys should book the flight to asia.

So for now i bid my temporary farewell, got plenty of stuff to do, university, body shaping and life enjoying in general

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                  • Dec 2010

Dr Z actually replied to another thread, so I'm assuming he knows we've been waiting for the Histogen report. I Wonder why he has not replied here. Very strange.

Comment

• normalguy1
                    • Oct 2010

Starting to sound like a scam

I know that everyone is excited about this, but does anyone else feel like is starting to sound like a big investor scam? I feel like I have heard different people saying the same thing for a really long time now. Where are the links to their entries in medical journals? They do, however, have a a sketchy link to a "top investments of 2011" on their homepage. Why not anything in Businessweek or Forbes? Does anyone else feel the same way?

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by normalguy1
                      I know that everyone is excited about this, but does anyone else feel like is starting to sound like a big investor scam? I feel like I have heard different people saying the same thing for a really long time now. Where are the links to their entries in medical journals? They do, however, have a a sketchy link to a "top investments of 2011" on their homepage. Why not anything in Businessweek or Forbes? Does anyone else feel the same way?
                      A scam in the hair loss industry? Never!

Comment

• luis
                        • Mar 2011

I understand what you say normalguy1, you never see anything about these type of research in magazines, newspapers or TV news.
                        Something this big should have attracted some attention by now, from at least scientific magazines...
                        A lot of these "cures" sound like scams, or they really aren't transparent enough with their techniques and results..
                        Hope not though

Comment

• mlao
                          • Oct 2009

I think we all have some level of faith in Histogen but it's early days for them. I read somewhere that large drug companies spend anywhere from 800 million to 2 billion to develop a new drug and get it to market. The people at Histogen are euphoric when somebody gives them 10 million. so I think that the most recent round of publicity was an effort to get more investors. If they really have something they need to produce pictures akin to the ones that were shown by companies like Merck for propecia and the like GSK for Avodart. Lets hope the next round of trials produce something more exciting than that one picture that has never been properly explained by the company.
                          Or here's another thought maybe the reason Jason Gardiner's procedure looked so good and cost so much is that Dr. Zering smuggled out some HSC and used it on him. lol

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                            • Dec 2010

How can this be all over tv or magazines if they still have much to prove? If this is a good as the pre trials or better, once they finish the trials in Asia, I'm sure we will see Histogen everywhere.

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Anyone have any idea of when these exploratory case study results are coming in?

They should be due now its been a month *looks at watch*

Comment

• gmonasco
                                Inactive
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by normalguy1
                                Why not anything in Businessweek or Forbes?
                                Because they haven't grown hair on mice yet, just people.

Comment

Working...