Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVAZBAR
    • Dec 2010

I'm hoping to find a magic lamp and use my first wish to have great hair forever. I probably have a better chance finding that than waiting for a cure.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
      Inactive
      • Jan 2011

Well if we alll agree then lets move on to other stuff :-)

Comment

• GBB
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by UK_
        I was thinking of going to sleep for five years, atleast I wouldn't have to be consciously aware of all this hit/hope n miss all the time and it would seem like no time has past, its the fastest route to knowing.
        Two days back, i posted the exacted same thing as my status message on a social networking site.

Anyway, I heard from them. It is still 'forward-looking' happy stuff, but at least they have not vanished.

Dear XXX,
        Thank you for your continued interest. The Phase I/II trial of HSC is on track to begin in Singapore this Spring. While we do not plan to post any information on the website before the trial begins, we will be sending an email distribution to those on our HSC interest list within the next few days. Please keep an eye out for that, and feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions.

Best,
        Eileen

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by GBB
          Two days back, i posted the exacted same thing as my status message on a social networking site.

Anyway, I heard from them. It is still 'forward-looking' happy stuff, but at least they have not vanished.

Dear XXX,
          Thank you for your continued interest. The Phase I/II trial of HSC is on track to begin in Singapore this Spring. While we do not plan to post any information on the website before the trial begins, we will be sending an email distribution to those on our HSC interest list within the next few days. Please keep an eye out for that, and feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions.

Best,
          Eileen
          Great! Are you on that list? I wonder what information is contained in the email, I doubt it will be the exploratory cases, but who knows, maybe it is, why are they only sharing with people on that list?

Well the trial begins in May, so we should see initial results at the end of August.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
            Inactive
            • Jan 2011

Hmmmm right now i begin to think that they really got it figured out but they are gonna nail those distribution channels like dermatologists etc to get the mass market.

I mean security was cleared, then they saw with minor dosage resiting hairs etc. I think right now they are only testing higher dosages and talk to clinics and/or dermatologists to get a headstart.

You know ari has the latter part already done so it would be plausible for Histogen to do exactly this.

Comment

• CAlex
              • Feb 2011

RichardDawkins really? u You are positive now?

I was going the opposite way. I thought a lot of people were now doubting histogens initial set of numbers(84 new hairs over a 1.47cm2 area ) as just the best numbers of the bunch and did not reflect the majority of the patients that were given the hsc ****tail.

All the waiting and never actually knowing anything is starting to wear on me. At this point I have no idea if histogen is making progress or will just be a slight improvement over minox if they even make it to market in 2013-14.

Initially after those numbers came out about how many new hairs hsc was able to generate over such a small area I thought they would be more aiming/delivering a "cure"/close to original density but now I am unsure of anything.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                • Dec 2010

I'm stunned by how negative people are about this... I think if you have a lot of vellus hairs sticking around and you save them for as long as you can this is in fact the "magic bullet" it will send you back to the density you want. They have presented (by far) the best results thus far AND with only one injection and a small dose, with multiple injections and higher doses you could have an ever better result and most likely will.

Comment

• Gubter_87
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                  I mean security was cleared, then they saw with minor dosage resiting hairs etc. I think right now they are only testing higher dosages and talk to clinics and/or dermatologists to get a headstart.
                  Come on now. To be saying that this treatment is cleared for safety before they have even entered phase 1/2 trials, where the main objective is to test the safety, is just ignorant.
                  Just because Dr. Ziering said that no serious side effects have been reported yet, does not make this a safe treatment. It needs to be tested on a much larger amount of people before one can draw any conclusions from it.

Some people were fine on vioxx, others died of heart attacks. Would you say that was a safe treatment after having just tested it on people who were fine on it?

Optimism is good. But there is no point in jumping any guns or fooling oneself.

Comment

• Sogeking
                    • Feb 2011

Medical trials are a must have for any drug. I would rather wait for 5 years and get a safe drug or treatment to use, than risk it in a year. There is no point in having hair if you contract a serious ailment IMHO...

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                      Inactive
                      • Jan 2011

Yes i am positive because even if they would "fail" they could easily sell their HSC they have right now, as well to hairloss sufferers.

Its btw very sad that they did not perform a multi continent trial like in Europe, america etc.

I see it from the following perspective, if you would get 85 hairs per Penny () this would help a lot of people to get their original density with an normal hair transplant.

WHat i personally wish for is, a hair transplant technique which works like that what Gho claims, so you could get a nice frontal hairline like you personally wish (without depleating your donor) and after your personal Whatever you like restauration run you could use somethin like HSC for the rest to fill and to stop hairloss.

Just think for one second, why out of the blue a lot of other docs jump on the Acell and Plucking train :-) because they know, that if it works as it should, there is an infinite market for this.

Just assume you got 10.000k to spend and you are NW5. And hairplucking works or lets say something like Gho HM-FUE works. What would you do?

I bet everyone here in that position would grab the money and get to a trusted doc to get the frontal area fixed like there is no tomorrow.

I would do it without thinking, as long as my donor would be intact after the treatment. This is to me a permanent solution where the factor "Uncertainity" is eradicated.

But would i opt for FUT or FUE (without the chance of donor saving) ? Hell no, its always better to be safe then sorry. Sometimes i just think one thing for myself

Lets assume that this Bobman (H&W patient) would have been treted with something like Acel and donor preserving. Man this guy would far more then he is today, be the poster boy for a cure.

I can only say, the next best thing or the final solution (bad word i know) in hair transplant technology will definitely be plucking and/or something like Ghos FUE-HM.

And HSC and co will play an important rule as a hairloss stopping treatment.

Just look at the developments over the last 5 years. And i repeat myself here but in the beginning nobody would have believe that FUE will one day become a standard. And lets see, in the beginning there were shotgun scars after FUE. Then some docs witnessed regrow in donor areas. And now with the use of Acell its impossible to see if someone had a FUE transplant done because the donor looks intact (thats what even Dr Cole witnessed)

Comment

• CAlex
                        • Feb 2011

how do you speak about fue or any ht as a "cure" even if they could clone you 100k of hairs. If they need to be transplanted in it will not look anywhere near natural.

the major ht issue are not just donor supply. The hairs grow weird(color, texture, direction etc)

I hope histogen does good in thier trials this spring and is able to be released in 2018
                        )

Comment

• gmonasco
                          Inactive
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by KeepHoping
                          with multiple injections and higher doses you could have an ever better result and most likely will.
                          Or with multiple injections and higher doses you won't get any improvement at all. Nobody really knows yet.

Comment

• gmonasco
                            Inactive
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by CAlex
                            how do you speak about fue or any ht as a "cure" even if they could clone you 100k of hairs. If they need to be transplanted in it will not look anywhere near natural.
                            I see it as being along the same lines as insulin -- it isn't a "cure," or a "perfect" or "natural" solution to diabetes, but it still allows those who have diabetes to lead reasonably normal lives. That's a pretty good outcome.

Comment

• HairTalk
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                              Hmmmm right now i begin to think that they really got it figured out but they are gonna nail those distribution channels like dermatologists etc to get the mass market.

You know ari has the latter part already done so it would be plausible for Histogen to do exactly this.
                              You think Histogen is trying to "nail distribution channels [...] to get the mass market"? They haven't even begun clinical trials, yet (what's been conducted is a pilot study), and you feel they're right now figuring ways to get their product into the market? This is something other than "hopefulness" or "optimism," altogether.

Comment

• gmonasco
                                Inactive
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Gubter_87
                                Come on now. To be saying that this treatment is cleared for safety before they have even entered phase 1/2 trials, where the main objective is to test the safety, is just ignorant.
                                In this case it's like giving a handful of people each a single cigarette to smoke, then after they report no ill effects immediately afterwards, declaring it's been established that there is no link between smoking and cancer.

Comment

Working...