Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john2399
    • Jan 2012

Anyone know when we getting that interview from spencer?

Comment

• TravisB
      • May 2012

The employees continued to work without pay for some time, because they know that this technology is THE sh*t, and when they'll bring it to the market the company will be earning millions or billions $$$ (assuming it would work that well)

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
        • Nov 2011

Skinmedica's CEO has hair - explains the law suit

Comment

• Gjm127
          • Mar 2012

I tried showing Histogen's findings and results to my friend. He didn't buy any of it and said it's definitely a scam. I myself know it's not a scam because they've been on this for a long time and we all know here and believe that they're legit with all the clinical trial progress etc...

So I tried googling "Histogen" and expected to shove him numerous amounts of information on it but I couldn't even find a Wikipedia page on them. All the information is on THEIR site, nowhere wlse. I wonder why... Why isn't Histogen all over the internet and the news?

How else can someone prove their legitimacy?
          I know they're legitimate, but how can I prove it?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
            2020 release? They are well into clinical trials, with incredible results. I highly doubt it will take 8 years for this to be released.

2014 Asia, 2015 US. I'm still confident in this timeline.
            Originally posted by Gjm127
            I tried showing Histogen's findings and results to my friend. He didn't buy any of it and said it's definitely a scam. I myself know it's not a scam because they've been on this for a long time and we all know here and believe that they're legit with all the clinical trial progress etc...

So I tried googling "Histogen" and expected to shove him numerous amounts of information on it but I couldn't even find a Wikipedia page on them. All the information is on THEIR site, nowhere wlse. I wonder why... Why isn't Histogen all over the internet and the news?

How else can someone prove their legitimacy?
            I know they're legitimate, but how can I prove it?
            I work in a start up.

We don't have a wikipedia page.

There is no point. Only time a heavy PR blitz is useful is when you are selling a product. And TBH for most start ups, they like to keep a low profile incase people catch onto what they are doing and steal the idea.

Histogen is no different.

Look what happened to replicel with their PR blitz, it backfired.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
              • May 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
              Look what happened to replicel with their PR blitz, it backfired.
              Oh man it backfired big time unfortunately. They really talked it up and that Tobin Smith guy kept trying to pump their stock. Now that we've heard the results I can't say I like how they go about their business. I know they needed funding but they should have saved the hype for when they realised they actually had something big. Look at their site. They're all style and no substance. I thought they probably had something because they were miles behind Aderans yet seemed bold enough to be predicting timelines to market that right now look frankly ridiculous. I was so optimistic about them but not now. I mean who'd want to invest in them now? (Sorry Spencer, that's just how I feel about it).

Histogen seem to be a little bit more low key. They haven't been caught up in a whirlwind of hype and they just quietly go about their business then provide some interim results at a conference in a low key enough manner but...BAM! RESULTS DELIVER BIG TIME!!! Was really nice after the disappointment of the Replicel results.

At least there's a good few companies out there trying. One day...

Comment

• greatjob!
                • Aug 2011

I never chimed in during the Replicel build up or back fire, but regardless of what went down paying a equities research company, like the one Tobin Smith runs, to increase your exposure is pretty much standard practice for small publicly traded companies. It is not a sleaze ball scammer move; it is the standard in the investment world. Tobin Smith may have went a little overboard which is why a retraction was issued, but I don't think Replicel did anything wrong. If you invest more money than you would be comfortable throwing in the trash can in a stock like Replicel, you only have yourself to blame.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                  • May 2011

Well said man. No doubt Tobin Smith went way overboard. I tend not to buy into hype generally. Feel bad for David Hall and Dr. Hoffman. They seem like standup guys and I'm sure they expected better results but at least they're hanging in there.

Comment

• Nilli57211
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                    SkinMedica lawsuit set them back.... do you remember what happened in 2009?

It's a miracle that Histogen even recovered from that at all....
                    Yeah, I don't understand how people are still talking crap about Histogen for not being able to keep up with their original timeline. I think it's an actual miracle that they're still going strong after dealing with that lawsuit - against all odds, they won, and then they started official trials within the year. Just over a year ago, the odds were against them completely. Now, their trials are underway, they're getting fantastic results, and things are looking good. I don't get how everyone doesn't see that this is really nothing short of amazing.

I think it's awesome that people were continuing to work without pay. It shows that they must have really believed in what they were doing. With great results, a genius concept, and great workers like that, I don't see how this company could go wrong.

**** SkinMedica...if not for them, HSC may already be on the market or be on the market within months.

But with the results Histogen is getting, for the first time I think their anticipated release date is actually possible.

Whatever they're saying, I wouldn't count on it hitting the markets in the US before 2020, because of the FDA - have they even started trials in the US? But outside the country, I think 2014-2015 is perfectly realistic. And I think that people who want it enough will save their money in the meantime and be willing to fly out to Asia to get the treatment.

Comment

• Maradona
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Nilli57211
                      Yeah, I don't understand how people are still talking crap about Histogen for not being able to keep up with their original timeline. I think it's an actual miracle that they're still going strong after dealing with that lawsuit - against all odds, they won, and then they started official trials within the year. Just over a year ago, the odds were against them completely. Now, their trials are underway, they're getting fantastic results, and things are looking good. I don't get how everyone doesn't see that this is really nothing short of amazing.

I think it's awesome that people were continuing to work without pay. It shows that they must have really believed in what they were doing. With great results, a genius concept, and great workers like that, I don't see how this company could go wrong.

**** SkinMedica...if not for them, HSC may already be on the market or be on the market within months.

But with the results Histogen is getting, for the first time I think their anticipated release date is actually possible.

Whatever they're saying, I wouldn't count on it hitting the markets in the US before 2020, because of the FDA - have they even started trials in the US? But outside the country, I think 2014-2015 is perfectly realistic. And I think that people who want it enough will save their money in the meantime and be willing to fly out to Asia to get the treatment.
                      What's everyone with skin medica? did they stop the hair from growing out the trial participants?

Wake up small the bald coffee! By the time histogen comes we will all be incurable even with propecia.

Comment

• Nilli57211
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
                        What's everyone with skin medica? did they stop the hair from growing out the trial participants?

Wake up small the bald coffee! By the time histogen comes we will all be incurable even with propecia.
                        SkinMedica screwed Histogen financially for years, preventing them from being able to focus on their trials and causing delays in the progress they could have been making much earlier had they had the financial means to do so.

As for Histogen coming out too late for anyone here, speak for yourself...

Comment

• Supersixx
                          • Mar 2012

....I swear these companies aren't looking in the right places for strong investing or a major cash infusion. I'm sure theres some dude in Dubai willing to sacrifice building his 10th man made island all in the name of replicel. Maybe David Hall should go on 'shark tank' , daymond john would be all in.

Comment

• WashedOut
                            • Dec 2011

Who is we? Sounds more like you...and for that I am sorry.

Comment

• cleverusername
                              • Nov 2011

Maradona if you don't mind me asking, what NW are you?

Comment

• Maradona
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by WashedOut
                                Who is we? Sounds more like you...and for that I am sorry.
                                The big problem is you guys keep making excuses and are deluding yourselves going around circles 1 year 2 years 3 years phase 1 phase 2 skinmedica nice results on one patient.

I was at that position some time ago. You can check my old posts.

I do now understand the whole scope of these companies. The more you research and read, the more you will understand too and face reality.

None of these companies will be a mainstream treatment for baldness, not even propecia is. None of them will bring you back to a nice nw1 , forget it. Wake up, Smell the bald coffee.

Histogen has something promising but YOU NEED TO ACT NOW AS JOE FROM STATEN ISLAND HAS SAID if you want to benefit from this.

Otherwise you will be stuck for at least 10 years until Histogen tries to improve their formula to make it consistent and marketable.

This thread is full of shit IMHO. Just useless posts going around in circles.

"How many injections? we can use this device. Link pictures". "Phase 2 can be skipped, phase 3 can be skipped". "let's calculate how many years, according to wikipedia phase 3 takes...."

I agree with what spencer says on his show.

"Live your life NOW guys, stop waiting for the cure".

Comment

Working...