Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Enrollment of 56 patients with male pattern hair loss in the Phase I/II clinical trial of HSC has been completed, and the trial is ongoing. Dr. Gail Naughton, Histogen CEO and Chairman of the Board, presented the 12 week primary safety and efficacy data at the Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID) Annual Meeting on May 11, 2012. The treatment was well-tolerated and no study-related adverse events have been reported. In this second clinical trial of HSC, which was designed with an additional treatment timepoint, the increase in total hair count was 46.5% above that seen in the pilot HSC trial at 12 weeks. Statistical significance was noted in all efficacy endpoints which include increases in total hair count (p=0.0013), terminal hairs (p=0.0135) and hair thickness (p=0.026). A brief on the data presented by Dr. Naughton during the SID Annual Meeting.

http://www.histogen.com/applications/hsc.htm
    Music to my ears.

Comment

• CAlex
      • Feb 2011

@ 2020

Ive seen you post a few times of the permanent damaging effects of having a ht and that it may seriously effect any treatment that histogen may offer down the line. (not exactly what you wrote)

Do you have any idea how much this could ruin a persons chances of being a good candidate for histogen in the future to achieve optimal results?

p.s. do you think more refined hts(2008 plus) will have less of a damaging effect on scalp.

I usually dont ask these questions but your the only one ive seen post about it, as even the companies said that having hts would not eliminate people from being good candidates for treatments if i recall correctly

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by CAlex
        @ 2020

Ive seen you post a few times of the permanent damaging effects of having a ht and that it may seriously effect any treatment that histogen may offer down the line. (not exactly what you wrote)

Do you have any idea how much this could ruin a persons chances of being a good candidate for histogen in the future to achieve optimal results?

p.s. do you think more refined hts(2008 plus) will have less of a damaging effect on scalp.

I usually dont ask these questions but your the only one ive seen post about it, as even the companies said that having hts would not eliminate people from being good candidates for treatments if i recall correctly
        no idea!

I would hold off on a transplant for at least the next year to see how all these treatments pan out....

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

@ 2020

Dr Ziering has already stated it will be very difficult for HSC to work in scar tissue, so regenerating hair in areas you've had a transplant wont be guranteed by HSC.

Comment

• Kiwi
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by 2020
            no idea!

I would hold off on a transplant for at least the next year to see how all these treatments pan out....
            I don't think it will change a thing. I'd still hold off for a year though. It could be 10K you sink on a future treatment vs a HT.

Comment

• Kiwi
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by UK_
              Dr Ziering has already stated it will be very difficult for HSC to work in scar tissue, so regenerating hair in areas you've had a transplant wont be guranteed by HSC.
              That's not a problem for people with Strip Scars though. You'll be able to get coverage up top with Histogen and then FUE into scar.

Problem solved.

Comment

• TheDude
                • Oct 2010

Wow!

Those are some good results..

Histogen are the real deal..

Definitely on UK's side of the argument..

Comment

• CAlex
                  • Feb 2011

I was referring to the damage that all those tiny injection sites in your recipient area could be causing. I dont care about any scar from the donor being filled in.

So is it a consensus that if you have an ht your recipient area will have lots of micro scarring(or whatever) underneath the skin in the recipient(hairline crown etc) and it is likely to reduce any histogen like treatments success rate on an individual?

I had 2 ops in the same area so Im guessing ive done some irreversible damage and histogen wont be able to create new growth in those areas?

ops done in 2008. no noticeable loss since then. not on fin/minox

really hope I have not fukxed myself

Comment

• Maradona
                    • Nov 2011

I was referring to the damage that all those tiny injection sites in your recipient area could be causing. I dont care about any scar from the donor being filled in.

So is it a consensus that if you have an ht your recipient area will have lots of micro scarring(or whatever) underneath the skin in the recipient(hairline crown etc) and it is likely to reduce any histogen like treatments success rate on an individual?

I had 2 ops in the same area so Im guessing ive done some irreversible damage and histogen wont be able to create new growth in those areas?

you'll be fine.

Just don't assume histogen will cure us. It's too early to tell, it will most likely hit the market in 2018 by then most of us will be slick bald or not care about hair loss.

Comment

• sickly_burnt_tree_forest
                      • Jan 2012

everyone always cares about their hair loss no matter what the stage of the disease. Im excited to see how histogen will work combined with hair transplants. Im one that believes there is hope for a bald scalp to gain significant coverage in the next 10 years with the future treatments combined with transplants. I think that is realistic.

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

I wouldnt worry too much, im sure hair systems will still be available even when Histogen does come out. lol only joking, no seriously, likely the HSC will cause the transplanted hair to grow more follicular units, this is why a HT combined with HSC would be amazing for density.

Comment

• Nilli57211
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
                          You are allowed to believe anything you want to believe. Even when it isn't true.
                          Really don't appreciate your arrogance here. What exactly makes you the expert on how minoxidil works? Especially considering that even the scientists who have specifically researched it don't even know it's precise mechanism.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Nilli57211
                            Really don't appreciate your arrogance here. What exactly makes you the expert on how minoxidil works? Especially considering that even the scientists who have specifically researched it don't even know it's precise mechanism.
                            tracy knows all moron. I cant believe you're questioning her.

Comment

• JJJJrS
                              • Apr 2012

Even if everything pans out for Histogen, which is far from certain, I doubt Histogen will be a full cure where it totally restores your hair to original density. In the best case, I think it will give you a significant increase in density, which may be enough for some people. For most people, I think the best results would come in conjunction with a hair transplant, provided that they are compatible with each other. I can't see Histogen giving you a refined hairline like a top hair transplant surgeon can. Hope I'm wrong though, and something like Histogen turns out to be a full cure.

Comment

• Tracy C
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                                tracy knows all moron.
                                I do not know all. I know a lot but I do not know all. I do know that Minoxidil does grow hair. I know this because I use it myself and I have witnessed first hand that it does in fact grow hair.

Comment

Working...