Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by tizzle
    1. As i understand it, the news Dr. Naughton presented were the exciting news (And they sure as hell were exciting )
    Can you summarize the news again? For some reason I thought what was presented was old news and that they had something else.

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 534623
      is this the reason for still being here?
      Yes. I have received so much help from the American Hair Loss Association that I feel the need to give back if I can.

Also even though I now have complete coverage, I do not have the density I want. So I pay very close attention to what is going on with these biotech companies that are trying to solve the problem.

Comment

• tizzle
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by BoSox
        Can you summarize the news again? For some reason I thought what was presented was old news and that they had something else.
        Here is the link:

Its a better summary than i could ever give you

Comment

• Maradona
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by UK Boy
          Hello everyone

3. Why are the same people as mentioned above so happy to believe that Gho works from photos of the same standard as Histogen but class Histogen's photos as dodgy? I want to believe both can work but I'd much rather have a successful treatment with Histogen than Gho. As others have said, Gho is NOT a cure, in my mind he is just a refined version of FUE, I have no problem with that but I hope for something better.
          Gho doesn't seem to be only working from photos, research papers suggest the same thing and not only published by him but by other scientists.

The photos that were taken from Gho were done by the patients himself, not modified in any way whatsoever by Gho and were done under the same conditions so they know there isn't any modifications in them that may mislead people from the results. Photos were so clear that it was even possible to count hairs one by one, you can't say the same about histogen recent photos.

Assuming Gho does as advertised , of course it's not a cure.

Neither is Histogen or Replicel. No treatment will eradicate baldness from every patient even if they are in the same Norwood scale. Just read the conclusions from histogen last results and Davis Hall or past scientists opinion on HM, they all point out it won't work for everyone.
          Follica, the leading research company looking for a cure, was very clear long time ago that a treatment like histogen will NOT work. But apparently they were WRONG because their results are very impressive even if it's just one patient.

As for Gho, i don't know what the hell is wrong with him. He should prove to everyone his treatment with a 3rd party clinical team and count hairs one by one instead of letting amateurs do it online if he wants to convince all the skeptics.

Either Gho doesn't give a **** or he is a lying about his claims and not doing what he says in his research papers.
          I think it's the latter.

Let's keep this thread on topic from now on.

Comment

• ccmethinning
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Maradona
            Assuming Gho does as advertised , of course it's not a cure.
            Any why is that?

Comment

• Kiwi
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ccmethinning
              Any why is that?
              Perhaps because you loose all your hair first. A cure would stop balding.

Comment

• Kiwi
                • Mar 2011

Why **** are you talking about Gho's FUE procedure on the Histogen thread.

Histogen are way more reputable the Gho. Not only that but Gho is unaffordable for most of us even if there was proof.

Histogen is where it's at in terms of cutting edge future treatments (I.e this topic). I just pray they hurry the hell up :P

Comment

• ccmethinning
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Kiwi
                  Perhaps because you loose all your hair first. A cure would stop balding.
                  Or you could just get incremental HST procedures as your hairline recedes, in effect never having to have significant baldness.

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ccmethinning
                    Any why is that?
                    Because it does not prevent further hair loss.

Comment

• doinmyheadin
                      • Nov 2010

In regards to the picture with the blonde ladies temple hair. I think someone else mentioned this in a earlier post.
                      How come all the current treatments (finasteride and minox) supposedly shed hair to make way for new thicker hair. Am I correct in saying HSC wont cause shedding but will strengthen your existing hair?

Comment

• Nilli57211
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by doinmyheadin
                        In regards to the picture with the blonde ladies temple hair. I think someone else mentioned this in a earlier post.
                        How come all the current treatments (finasteride and minox) supposedly shed hair to make way for new thicker hair. Am I correct in saying HSC wont cause shedding but will strengthen your existing hair?
                        I don't know about finasteride, but I honestly do not believe that minoxidil or anything that causes an initial shed is really helping your follicles. I believe that all minoxidil does is get your follicles on the same schedule so the hairs are all breaking the surface of your scalp at the same time, creating the appearance of more hair. But it doesn't turn vellus hairs terminal or do any "unminiaturizing." Apparently Histogen does. With Histogen's results and the fact that they have actually made miniaturized hair terminal again WITHOUT a shed, I'm inclined to believe the idea of the initial shed helping your follicles to be utter and complete BS.

Comment

• Tracy C
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Nilli57211
                          I don't know about finasteride, but I honestly do not believe that minoxidil or anything that causes an initial shed is really helping your follicles. I believe that all minoxidil does is get your follicles on the same schedule so the hairs are all breaking the surface of your scalp at the same time, creating the appearance of more hair. But it doesn't turn vellus hairs terminal or do any "unminiaturizing." Apparently Histogen does. With Histogen's results and the fact that they have actually made miniaturized hair terminal again WITHOUT a shed, I'm inclined to believe the idea of the initial shed helping your follicles to be utter and complete BS.
                          You are allowed to believe anything you want to believe. Even when it isn't true.

Comment

• clandestine
                            • Aug 2011

tbtadmin; Spencer; Would it be at all possible to get an interview with Histogen regarding their latest release?

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
                              Even if that treatment were the real deal, it is not a cure - and can never truly be considered a cure.

That is not true. I have benefited from the current treatments and so have many others. Unfortunately nothing works for everyone and for some people nothing works at all.
                              For male pattern hair loss it would be - if Gho can obtain 80% donor regeneration, we could go from hair transplants that can yield 2,000 grafts to possibly 10,000 grafts & more, those grafts would also be immune to DHT.

You're forgetting the major downfall with hair transplants IS limited donor... but it's also the fact that even with 2,000 FUE grafts a large percentage of them do not make it through the transplant process.

You've no knowledge of Gho's procedure and thus have no inclination to make comments regarding the feasibility of his work.

Originally posted by Tracy C
                              You are allowed to believe anything you want to believe. Even when it isn't true.
                              lol eat your heart out.

Comment

• mpb47
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Nilli57211
                                Minox has slowed my progression for 15 years now. I have seen it undo some of my miniaturization though in time it started coming back. But don't underestimate minox as it will buy you time.

Comment

Working...