New Italian DGLA poduct - due 2017

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burtandernie
    • Nov 2012

Until there is evidence it does anything at all its a bit silly honestly to even really discuss or pin anything on this. Tons and tons of things like this have come and gone whether good intentioned or not a lot flat out dont end up working. I hope it does, but realistically use what exists now and dont pin hopes on what could happen. 10 years ago they thought a better treatment/cure was just around the corner, and today there is nothing new

Comment

• kuba197
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by burtandernie
      Until there is evidence it does anything at all its a bit silly honestly to even really discuss or pin anything on this. Tons and tons of things like this have come and gone whether good intentioned or not a lot flat out dont end up working. I hope it does, but realistically use what exists now and dont pin hopes on what could happen. 10 years ago they thought a better treatment/cure was just around the corner, and today there is nothing new
      I understand your reasoning. However in this possible treatment, we can see s-equol which was never tried by any company as a topical. And the discvovery about pge1 is an accident just like minox( Dr. Brotzu also mentioned that this beat minox in terms of regrowth).
      Hey, this is not cure but treatment without sides? Equol=Fin, DGLA=minox? I hope!

Comment

• Hairbrain
        • Apr 2016

Yawn
        How many of these type of threads already exist here?

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

Yes I think all hope, but do we know equol really will work as well as fin at reducing DHT? Is there proof in humans it stops hair loss and lowers DHT as much as fin? It has to be as powerful and not have the sides fin does. That is a tall order for anything

"Equol=Fin, DGLA=minox"

Comment

• kuba197
            • Jan 2016

You a right. Fin,dut,ru are much more potent. However they use liposomal delivery which could enhance the effect.
            Interesting that s-equol is being tested to treat prostare cancer.

Comment

• kuba197
              • Jan 2016

Equol (7-hydroxy-3(4′hydroxyphenyl)-chroman), the major metabolite of the phytoestrogen daidzein, specifically binds and blocks the hormonal action of 5α-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in vitro and in vivo. Equol can bind circulating free DHT and sequester it from the androgen receptor, thus altering growth and physiological hormone responses that are regulated by androgens. These data suggest a novel model to explain equol's biological properties. The significance of equol's ability to specifically bind and sequester DHT from the androgen receptor have important ramifications in health and disease and may indicate a broad and important usage for equol in the treatment and prevention of androgen-mediated pathologies. Thus, equol can specifically bind DHT and prevent DHT's biological actions in physiological and pathophysiological processes.

Comment

• kuba197
                • Jan 2016

Comment

• potato1987
                  • Mar 2014

Why on the patent does it show as cancelled?

Comment

• burtandernie
                    • Nov 2012

Trust me I hope this ends up stopping DHT. I would love nothing more then being able to use this, and never touch fin. I am just a bit skeptical its going to actually stop DHT enough to get results like fin. Nothing really ever has even today nothing has really displaced it after 25 years. Everyone is waiting and looking for fin alternatives because a lot of people dont like the idea of using a drug long term. Right or wrong its not a dumb way of thinking just there are no alternatives.

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

This is promised to reverse 5 years of hair loss. That is a huge claim. If it's coming out soon, shouldn't we have proof of this reversal? This would be incredible if true.

Comment

• Trouse5858
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by BoSox
                        This is promised to reverse 5 years of hair loss. That is a huge claim. If it's coming out soon, shouldn't we have proof of this reversal? This would be incredible if true.
                        Seems a bit of an absurd claim to make since hairloss can vary quite widely in aggressiveness from person to person. I would think giving a percentage of hair to be regained would be much more accurate.

In any event I'm going to get a prescription for fin today and I'm not particularly excited about it. It's been almost exactly five years since I noticed my hair thinning so this drug definitely sounds too good to be true

Comment

• BoSox
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Trouse5858
                          Seems a bit of an absurd claim to make since hairloss can vary quite widely in aggressiveness from person to person. I would think giving a percentage of hair to be regained would be much more accurate.

In any event I'm going to get a prescription for fin today and I'm not particularly excited about it. It's been almost exactly five years since I noticed my hair thinning so this drug definitely sounds too good to be true
                          I've been on fin since 2007, saved my hair. Best option you have until we are saved.

Comment

• Aik82
                            • Apr 2014

Guys, there is a patient talking about it on facebook. My guess it is one of trail guys. It says her daughter has 95% of her hair back.

here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Comment

• Aik82
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by BoSox
                              I've been on fin since 2007, saved my hair. Best option you have until we are saved.
                              I have been on propecia since december, I think it has stopped the loss. I am hoping for more density regrowth. I started late and lost my temples I think. Minor sides.
                              Did you get regrowth Bosox?

Comment

• SebaURU
                                • Jul 2016

They say "I now have a good feeling about this product insofar as it could be something at least as good as Minoxidil"
                                and Minoxidil sucks. Is useless

Comment

Working...