This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • champpy
    • Apr 2015

Isnt it funny how these more obscure conditions seem to get treated first before major ones?

Hundres if millions if not billions have AGA, but AA gets the treatment.
    Then i read the other day that a certain type of blindness is now possibly treatable, but its the type that only affects like 2% of blind people.
    Wtf

Comment

• champpy
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sdsurfin
      just saw that swisstemples and a bunch of dudes tried tofacitinib topically for quite a while with zero results. not too promising. someone should tell spencer not to get too hyped on this. Even if it has positive effects on healthy follicles it doesnt seem like it's gonna grow new hair in bald scalp. maybe in conjunction with something else, who knows.
      Did they mention the % they used, or for how long? And, how do they know they had the legit thing?

Comment

• wolfbeaver
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by champpy
        Did they mention the % they used, or for how long? And, how do they know they had the legit thing?
        Doesn't matter. That Nazi shit talker is full of everything but hair. Bullshits some bullshit protocol that will fry a persons head and asks for donations for it. If his protocol works why did he switch to JAK inhibitors?

Comment

• sdsurfin
          • Sep 2013

He might be a nazi but judging by his pictures at least one part of his regimen is working. He's using a lot of stuff so who knows what's doing it or if it really is a combination. Those guys use a lot of stuff and keep adding things, and I feel like if tofacitinib was gonna work then at least one of them would have noticed something. swisstemples says hes still optimistic about it, but i'm not sure I am. With AA patients it was pretty quick. I think there are other types of cytokine inhibitors that WILL work though. the problem is everything takes forever to trial and approve, our system of releasing drugs is insane. it's so stupid that setipiprant has been trialled many times and we still need to wait for it. I understand if no one has ever used a drug before, but why do you need three trials for something like seti or replicel which is made of your own cells. I'm praying the japanese and chinese get on all of this and make the US look stupid, I'd love to visit japan.

Comment

• Kokles
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
            He might be a nazi but judging by his pictures at least one part of his regimen is working. He's using a lot of stuff so who knows what's doing it or if it really is a combination. Those guys use a lot of stuff and keep adding things, and I feel like if tofacitinib was gonna work then at least one of them would have noticed something. swisstemples says hes still optimistic about it, but i'm not sure I am. With AA patients it was pretty quick. I think there are other types of cytokine inhibitors that WILL work though. the problem is everything takes forever to trial and approve, our system of releasing drugs is insane. it's so stupid that setipiprant has been trialled many times and we still need to wait for it. I understand if no one has ever used a drug before, but why do you need three trials for something like seti or replicel which is made of your own cells. I'm praying the japanese and chinese get on all of this and make the US look stupid, I'd love to visit japan.
            Those shitty pics don't show any real regrowth... the angles of the photos are all over the place.. the first photos do not show his temples in great detail at all so you can't compare it..

That being said.. my opinion is that there's no visible regrowth

Comment

• rbrown
              • Feb 2013

I don't know if this guy is serious or not but David Luiz the PSG football player claims that he is into something. I don't want to open a new thread because it might be just BS so i will post it here.

The 101 Great Goals website is constantly updated with live streaming information and football betting tips, as well as football (soccer) news, video and social

Comment

• champpy
                • Apr 2015

We i saw my derm dr today. She brought in another dr on the conversation and reviews the articles i printed out.
                Unfortunately the would prescribe it to me. The main reason was that they would be liable if any negative event happened, since they would be prescribing off label.
                Soooo, it looks like if thhis is going to be trialed, it will have to be black market somehow

Comment

• jason1001
                  • Mar 2014

Originally posted by ShookOnes
                  Or none if you're on fin...if you're one if those people debating it, only old balding men who are bitter spread the fact it kills dick lol.

Fin doesn't work for everyone, I think most you people who say it does are alread nw2/3.

I had a great hairline, took fin to fix a bald spot on the top of my head I got from a accident.

4 months later my fringe has got so bad.
                  Lost over a inch on the left and right sides of my hairline.

If I was going to go bald this just accelerated it.

Comment

• HairlossAt15
                    • May 2013

In this extended interview, she clarifies that JAK inhibitors should work for many forms of hairloss (thats includes AGA)

Comment

• iaskdumbquestions
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
                      In this extended interview, she clarifies that JAK inhibitors should work for many forms of hairloss (thats includes AGA)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cziuamd8i...INTERVIEW?dl=0
                      She said 'many forms of hair loss' but she didn't single out AGA. I think she intentionally left AGA out.

Comment

• Link Mahboi
                        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by iaskdumbquestions
                        She said 'many forms of hair loss' but she didn't single out AGA. I think she intentionally left AGA out.
                        Hahaha let's face it, we're doomed :P

Comment

• Spaceboy
                          • Aug 2015

Did you even watch it? She said she hopes AA will be cured first with it but if it is followed by "pattern baldness " (AGA) a year later, that will be great too.

Comment

• iaskdumbquestions
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Spaceboy
                            Did you even watch it? She said she hopes AA will be cured first with it but if it is followed by "pattern baldness " (AGA) a year later, that will be great too.
                            At what time in the video did she imply or say that JAK inhibitors should work for AGA?

Comment

• HairlossAt15
                              • May 2013

At what time in the video did she imply or say that JAK inhibitors should work for AGA?
                              3:40 onwards, 5:26 "if pattern baldness follows afterwards (after AA)" and she also makes it clear that JAK inhibitors restart and extend the anagen phase and activate HF stem cells (in the paper and in the interview) which in itself implies MPB, since MPB follicles are stuck in telegon and have a very short anagen phases and have stem cells which dont proliferate properly, which she will be aware of.

Comment

• Spaceboy
                                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
                                3:40 onwards, 5:26 "if pattern baldness follows afterwards (after AA)" and she also makes it clear that JAK inhibitors restart and extend the anagen phase and activate HF stem cells (in the paper and in the interview) which in itself implies MPB, since MPB follicles are stuck in telegon and have a very short anagen phases and have stem cells which dont proliferate properly, which she will be aware of.
                                Thank you for posting that I was about to do the same post.

Comment

Working...