This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • champpy
    • Apr 2015

The dosage on mice would likely not be nearly enough since mice seem to respond better to these treatments than ppl do.
    I know the article said the cream was applied 2 times a day. Thats really all the info i can tell her now.
    1%. 10% idk. Huge difference.
    Ive tried to contact B. King before w no reply. Maybe ill try again

Comment

• joachim
      • May 2014

Originally posted by doinmyheadin
      Why has Dr Brett King not trialled the cream on himself for MPB if he can get prescriptions for his patients with AA?
      yea, was wondering about that too. he's also balding. why not just try it on himself?
      if we have to wait years now before someone tries it out, then hell, we're all screwed.

Comment

• Hemo
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by joachim
        yea, was wondering about that too. he's also balding. why not just try it on himself?
        if we have to wait years now before someone tries it out, then hell, we're all screwed.
        Believe it or not, but not everyone that's balding/is bald cares about it.

Comment

• sdsurfin
          • Sep 2013

JAK testing

So I was just looking at the full trial conducted by Christiano, and I hadn't seen before that they used some human scalp skin grafted onto mice, which also had increase in hair growth. does anyone know if this was from balding scalp? Not sure why they don't make that clear.

I think that if this pans out it really could be the big one. Even if it has half the effectiveness that it does for areata it would be huge, I mean the effects it had for autoimmune diseases were incredible, and the fact that it restores enormous amounts of inductivity to human HF spheres is also very promising. The idea that it would do nothing for mpb at this point seems slim. Definitely a lot to be worked out, for instance you probably don't want to be converting all your follicles to anagen all the time, and I'm not sure how that figures into treating mpb. but I have a tentative feeling that if this doesnt cause any crazy side effects, it could be enormous. I think Christiano doesnt want to shout about this until she sees if it will lead to tumors etc, but the safety data is not too shabby considering its already approved orally. If I were a drug company I'd be jumping on this asap. In my view it's much more promising than any of the pgd2 stuff.

Comment

• doinmyheadin
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by sdsurfin
            So I was just looking at the full trial conducted by Christiano, and I hadn't seen before that they used some human scalp skin grafted onto mice, which also had increase in hair growth. does anyone know if this was from balding scalp? Not sure why they don't make that clear.

I think that if this pans out it really could be the big one. Even if it has half the effectiveness that it does for areata it would be huge, I mean the effects it had for autoimmune diseases were incredible, and the fact that it restores enormous amounts of inductivity to human HF spheres is also very promising. The idea that it would do nothing for mpb at this point seems slim. Definitely a lot to be worked out, for instance you probably don't want to be converting all your follicles to anagen all the time, and I'm not sure how that figures into treating mpb. but I have a tentative feeling that if this doesnt cause any crazy side effects, it could be enormous. I think Christiano doesnt want to shout about this until she sees if it will lead to tumors etc, but the safety data is not too shabby considering its already approved orally. If I were a drug company I'd be jumping on this asap. In my view it's much more promising than any of the pgd2 stuff.
            Hopefully it will be better the Follicept

Comment

• Swooping
              • May 2014

Originally posted by champpy
              Big question to any of you guys.
              So lets say i had AA and want to try these drugs off label, how does my dr go about finding what concentration and vehicle were used in rhe previous successful tests??

That info has to be availble somewhere, so other doctors who want to prescribe off label can do so, right? Or does each dr just shoot blindly at this?
              Champpy, here you go;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23387374.

Read the study.

Pharmacokinetics, systemic safety etc. Many information is in the study.

Comment

• sdsurfin
                • Sep 2013

People are taking 5mg twice daily orally for AA. Just was checking out a forum for people taking Xeljanz(tofacitinib)for AA, and most seem to be getting their hair back of that dosage. They are being very closely monitored though, and the cost is still really high ( i think pfizer is giving discounts, but its still like 12 grand a year) I think somebody on this forum who has AA should get a hold of this stuff, and let someone with mpb trial it topically. It's worth a shot. The safety has been established enough to show that no one is gonna cause serious harm to themselves short term. The main obstacle right now is the price, but if someone can get their dermatologist to prescribe it for rheumatoid arthritis then it wouldnt even be too expensive. anyone have arthritis?? Anyone have AA? The caveat is that someone with AA might not know if its curing their mpb even if its effective. would be good to have someone with mpb buy it from them and crush it into some vehicle and test it for a month or so. I think if it works it should show signs of working fast. It took quite a few months for some people with AA, but someone on here can probably get a year's supply for not too stepp if they have a compliant dermatologist that can get it for AA or Rheumatoid.

Comment

• champpy
                  • Apr 2015

Holy crap swoop, youre the man!! Im going to need this and all the other data i can find to help convince her. Thanks a lot!

If any of you other guys have links to useful stories on this drug, something that might help a dr consider prescribing this, please post them and ill print it off and take w me on my apt

Comment

• champpy
                    • Apr 2015

SDsurfin, im willing to pay a cpl hundred per month if she will actually let me try it. 1 week to go and ill have an answer

Comment

• sdsurfin
                      • Sep 2013

well you can get it for 22K a year which is way more expensive than that without any kind of prescription. if you can get a prescription for rheumatoid arthritis or areata then you can get it either cheap or not as crazy expensive. I think pfizer even has a deal for AA people where they can get it free for like 6 months. look into it. do you have AA? i think if you do then you should let someone else test it, because we wont know what its curing on you.

Comment

• paleocapa89
                        • Sep 2015

if you don't have AA then just shave your head in patches all around and tell the doc you have AA

Comment

• bald fighter
                          • Feb 2013

excuse me guys but whats AA stand for ??

Comment

• Link Mahboi
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by bald fighter
                            excuse me guys but whats AA stand for ??
                            Alopecia Areata

Comment

• sdsurfin
                              • Sep 2013

just saw that swisstemples and a bunch of dudes tried tofacitinib topically for quite a while with zero results. not too promising. someone should tell spencer not to get too hyped on this. Even if it has positive effects on healthy follicles it doesnt seem like it's gonna grow new hair in bald scalp. maybe in conjunction with something else, who knows.

Comment

• Swooping
                                • May 2014

Btw, why the hell is this a sticky? lol.

Comment

Working...