Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baldybald
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Artista
    LOL,,I just happened to have seen this comment made by someone on this thread...

"artistas posts never have valuable information about pilofocus"

There were certain parts of the original Phase Testing info' that neither Spencer Kobren or myself could really talk to much about or share being that Dr. Wesley's new science was and is ongoing.
    This is now Dr Wesley's 3rd Phase testing which is ongoing.
    I was glad to finally be one of his patients now, on Nov. 12th !
    Everybody must be calm and to realize that this Pilofocus phase testing will take time.
    Patience is truly a VIRTUE for everyone.
    My question again

does this gives unlimited donor supply or just extract without making scars ?

Comment

• Artista
      • Apr 2010

Baldybald, There is no way of knowing just yet as to how well this possibly new science of Pilofocus will turn out to be.
      The only scaring that I will have received from this 3rd phase test is a little spot made by Dr Wesley's Endoscopic instrumentation.

Comment

• baldybald
        • Jul 2012

Yea but what I am saying the goal is to make an unlimited donor supply right ? Or just to extract hair without scars ? I am confused

Comment

• Artista
          • Apr 2010

Just be patient... In time we will all know what will be.
          Don't become stressed

Comment

• ss1980
            • Apr 2011

Artista

all this feel good talk is fine and good but All of us wanna know when is it going to be available? 1,2 3 years from now, assuming trials go as planned?

Comment

• kirklandism
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by baldybald
              Very interesting video. So does this gives unlimited donor supply or just extract without making scars ?
              AFAIK, Dr. Wesley has not made any claims about donor regeneration vis a vis piloscopy beyond what is known from existing studies. When you transect a follicle, you get a new follicle (not always) that is finer and with a shorter life cycle. What Dr. Wesley has emphasized to me is that this method eliminates the kind of scarring associated with FUT and, to a lesser degree, FUE.

Artista mentioned that 50 of the grafts were done by the piloscopic method. That means that there is still a lot work to be accomplished in refining the instruments so that 2000-3000 grafts can be harvested by this method in a similar time period.

Comment

• Artista
                • Apr 2010

Hello Ss1980

There is no way of really knowing as to when Dr. Wesley will completed all of his Phase Testings.
                Its all ongoing of course. It could be completed relatively soon but it could be a few years as you said.....
                I feel quite positive about this though, and I am glad to have finally been a patient of his 3rd phase testings, but we must all stay positive and to live our lives without any stress!

Comment

• arfy
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by kirklandism
                  AFAIK, Dr. Wesley has not made any claims about donor regeneration vis a vis piloscopy beyond what is known from existing studies. When you transect a follicle, you get a new follicle (not always) that is finer and with a shorter life cycle. What Dr. Wesley has emphasized to me is that this method eliminates the kind of scarring associated with FUT and, to a lesser degree, FUE.
                  THANK YOU. Donor regeneration has been pursued in the past (Dr. Gho was one of the first, 15-20 years ago, then came Dr Bazan, and so on). There's no way to successfully get two healthy follicular units from dividing one. When you transect the structure, both halves are damaged, and the hairs will be less robust. You end up with cosmetically insignificant hairs, some of which might not survive over time. ("Cosmetically insignificant" means you can't really see them, except using magnification, etc). The other possibility is that the follicle structure is sometimes left behind in the donor area, which fools the doctors into thinking that even though they removed the graft, new hair is growing (but they missed part of it). IMO.

IMO, hair transplant doctors who dabble in donor regeneration are not real researchers, and (like Dr Gho, IMO) are probably using these treatments as an advertising tool to attract attention to their clinics. IMO, if this was a legitimate pursuit, it would be studied with controlled tests. There are SO MANY clinics doing hair transplantation now that it's very hard to make your practice stand out to consumers. Dabbling in tests of "donor regeneration" is one way to do it.

Dr Wesley's attempt to harvest follicles from beneath the scalp should be discussed in the Hair Transplant forum, IMO. It's just a new approach to harvesting donor hair for transplanting, it doesn't address hair miniaturization at all.

Comment

Working...