will Replicel really work in 2018!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sagat
    • Jul 2015

It will be too good to be true if a solution is found. Can you imagine the positive effect it'll have on so many people on this planet.

I just don't think a positive effect of this order of magnitude will happen for quite some time....

Comment

• mlamber5
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Desmond84
      Me and my gf were going through my parents photo album and all I could notice was my beautiful NW0 hairline in my early 20s :'(

I really hope we have a breakthrough soon guys <end of rant>

Truth Desmond. I have to look back to 16/17 to see a NW 0 lol. 26 Now, at a solid NW 4, which would be much worse than that if not on propecia from 16-20 years old. I can only hope you are right about the cure being found before 2020 and wrong about it taking another 5/6 years to get to market.

Comment

• nameless
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by mlamber5
        Truth Desmond. I have to look back to 16/17 to see a NW 0 lol. 26 Now, at a solid NW 4, which would be much worse than that if not on propecia from 16-20 years old. I can only hope you are right about the cure being found before 2020 and wrong about it taking another 5/6 years to get to market.
        I think that there's a chance that a "cure" might hit the market in 2016. Hang in there.

Comment

• Renee
          • Jul 2015

I highly doubt shieshedo would share technology or the cure with replicel. If anything they might share their research with dermal sheath cells.

Comment

• Renee
            • Jul 2015

Anybody have any info on what happen to national university of taiwan Sung-Jan Lin? He seems to be exclusively focusing on hair research.

Comment

• dutchguyhanging
              • Mar 2015

regardless of what they share, there is no market until u provide the cure. turn nw7 to nw1 then i know people who are willing to pay 50+ grand. money is not an object then it comes to hairloss

Comment

• lacazette
                • May 2015

Here is his lab research Renee : http://homepage.ntu.edu.tw/~d99548008/

His last studies Jun 2015:

Enhancing Hair Follicle Regeneration by Nonablative Fractional Laser

and this very very interesting one

A Two-Stepped Culture Method for Efficient Production of Trichogenic Keratinocytes

In tissue engineering, the maintenance of trichogenic potential of adult epidermal cells while expanding them remains a challenging issue. We found that though hair follicle outer root sheath keratinocytes could be expanded for more than 100 passages as clonogenic cells without losing the proliferative potential with a 3T3J2 fibroblast feeder layer, these keratinocytes were unable to form new hair follicles when combined with inductive hair follicle dermal papilla cells. However, when these high passage keratinocytes were co-cultured with hair follicle dermal papilla cells for 4 days in vitro, they regained the trichogenic ability to form new hair follicles after transplantation. We found that the short-term co-culture with dermal papilla cells both enhanced Wnt/β-catenin signaling, a signaling cascade key to hair follicle development, and upregulated the expression of hair follicle specific genes, including K6, K16, K17 and K75, in keratinocytes, indicating these cells were poised toward a hair follicle fate. Hence, efficient production of trichogenic keratinocytes can be obtained by a two-stepped procedure with initial cell expansion with a 3T3J2 fibroblast feeder followed by short-term co-culture with dermal papilla cells. "
                05/2015

trichogenicity is a major issue in hair regeneration! Sounds good

ps: B catenin pathway= a signaling cascade key #IamSAMUMED

Comment

• Scientalk56
                  • Nov 2012

Im not optimist at all.. i stopped believing in a better treatment coming out..
                  i never waited for a full cure.. i didnt keep my hope up but i guess i shouldnt had hopes at all..

Comment

• FooFighter
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by lacazette
                    Here is his lab research Renee : http://homepage.ntu.edu.tw/~d99548008/

His last studies Jun 2015:

Enhancing Hair Follicle Regeneration by Nonablative Fractional Laser

and this very very interesting one

A Two-Stepped Culture Method for Efficient Production of Trichogenic Keratinocytes

In tissue engineering, the maintenance of trichogenic potential of adult epidermal cells while expanding them remains a challenging issue. We found that though hair follicle outer root sheath keratinocytes could be expanded for more than 100 passages as clonogenic cells without losing the proliferative potential with a 3T3J2 fibroblast feeder layer, these keratinocytes were unable to form new hair follicles when combined with inductive hair follicle dermal papilla cells. However, when these high passage keratinocytes were co-cultured with hair follicle dermal papilla cells for 4 days in vitro, they regained the trichogenic ability to form new hair follicles after transplantation. We found that the short-term co-culture with dermal papilla cells both enhanced Wnt/β-catenin signaling, a signaling cascade key to hair follicle development, and upregulated the expression of hair follicle specific genes, including K6, K16, K17 and K75, in keratinocytes, indicating these cells were poised toward a hair follicle fate. Hence, efficient production of trichogenic keratinocytes can be obtained by a two-stepped procedure with initial cell expansion with a 3T3J2 fibroblast feeder followed by short-term co-culture with dermal papilla cells. "
                    05/2015

trichogenicity is a major issue in hair regeneration! Sounds good

ps: B catenin pathway= a signaling cascade key #IamSAMUMED
                    And what is the result of this study? 5 new hairs on mouse?

Comment

• lacazette
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by FooFighter
                      And what is the result of this study? 5 new hairs on mouse?
                      If you don't understand the hair regeneration issues, and if you don't EVEN READ the studies before commenting like this, I don't need to answer, right?

Comment

• brocktherock
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Scientalk56
                        Im not optimist at all.. i stopped believing in a better treatment coming out..
                        i never waited for a full cure.. i didnt keep my hope up but i guess i shouldnt had hopes at all..
                        In this day and age it isn't even a matter of optimism, the sheer volume of potential treatments with actual science behind them is undeniable. I've been on these forums long enough to see blind faith turn into realistic discussion about realistic options. If you're nw7 and passed the point where hair is everything to you then you were just born at an unfortunate time.

Comment

• dackam1
                          • May 2015

Hi all,

Do you think with the possibility of these new treatments becoming available in the next few years it would be a bad idea to get an FUE transplant done for a NW3-4? Would you wait?

Comment

• mcarpenter089
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by dackam1
                            Hi all,

Do you think with the possibility of these new treatments becoming available in the next few years it would be a bad idea to get an FUE transplant done for a NW3-4? Would you wait?
                            This thread is not about fue!!!! So i would like you to use a little common sense next time before commenting take care.

Comment

• GSD
                              • Apr 2015

with finasteride no, without yes it would be a bad idea...

Comment

• dackam1
                                • May 2015

Thought that may be the case. I was on Propecia 1mg a day for six years but stopped last year due to sides getting worse.. Don't know if its worth while but gonna try generic Fin .25mg daily to see if that helps with less side effects.. I have sent Dr Basinga an enquiry also.

I really hope they give us a real treatment soon!!

Comment

Working...