World Hair Congress 2015

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keki
    • Mar 2015

It's not about being hyped, it's math, they have to release results of bim and oc in 1 year, that's half of our medium term treatment

Comment

• Kiwi
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Afghanwig
      Hehe exactly. And it are always the same people hyping those treatments and when they fail or turned out to be scams, everybody saw that coming, sure. Hey who would trust a doctor from India, right? Everybody knew he was a scammer. Just like everybody knew Histogen would fail. Sure. Exactly like everybody knew that Follicept panned out to be nothing, next year. And the same people hyping it now knew all the way along it wasnt going to work.

And in 2017, they'll say: nah, 2015 sucked but NOW we have REAL treatments coming!!!

Hairloss fora, you gotta love them
      Everyone knew Histogen were going to fail? Steady on and speak for yourself.

The only difference between Replicel and Histogen is that Replicel are more frequent with meaningless updates with no solid data attached to them.

I too remember the hype about Replicel when the first started blabbing on about hair in mice.

Until any of these guys can show us photographic evidence that show cosmetic visual improvements your percentages don't mean jack.

And what rubbish is this about minox showing 25% growth? I've been here for 10 years and that's about as meaningful as saying they have 75% or 11%.

Comment

• BiqqieSmalls
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Swooping

Nonetheless I'll provide you evidence;

-7% increase hair count Replicel
        -11% increase hair count Histogen
        -15% increase hair count Bimatoprost

See those 3 numbers Hairismylife? A while ago we didn't know these numbers. We were in the dark about these numbers. Heck we could only guess what results those treatments would give. Had Replicel shown a mean increase hair count of 40% or something like that then yes I would be very excited. The research a while ago was way more exciting too.

But things are as they are dude, simple as that. This is evidence, and the evidence is not pretty to say the least. Minoxidil averages 25% hair count increase. That is from a compound that is almost 35 years old now. What do you want me to do Hairismylife? Be positive about these shit results? Come back to me when you can provide numbers that beat minoxidil by a margin.

Yes I support current treatments like finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil & RU. What is the problem with that? These treatments are a solution for many people who want to fix the situation they are in, expect for the guys that are unlucky and suffer from side effects. What else do people need to do? Sit in a corner depressed like you with "hope" and "faith" for a better treatment to come?

I will rather project a realistic view to people. The day that any company will come out with a treatment with valid evidence I will be the first one dancing naked on the street. I want it just as much as you. I just don't see any of it now.
        Do we know the percentage increases for CB and SM?

Comment

• Scientalk56
          • Nov 2012

Live ur life.. no treatments r going to be out soon

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Swooping
            Sit in a corner depressed like you with "hope" and "faith" for a better treatment to come?
            Hope and faith isn't always a bad thing. Some of us need to have something to keep us going. They become bad when people use "hope and faith" as their main defense against hair loss. Too many guys are delaying or not even treating their hair loss counting on these cures to be released in just a few years.

When I started going bald close to 17 years ago, I thought "This sucks, but by the time it really gets bad they will definitely have it figured out and I can get all my hair back". How wrong I was... Nothing at all wrong with hoping for a cure, but the first line of defense should be using what actually exists today.

Comment

• jamesst11
              • Jun 2014

They may find a cure tomorrow. they may never find a cure. It is foolish to state you know either way, because you don't know.

Comment

• Grammaton Cleric
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                Hope and faith isn't always a bad thing. Some of us need to have something to keep us going. They become bad when people use "hope and faith" as their main defense against hair loss. Too many guys are delaying or not even treating their hair loss counting on these cures to be released in just a few years.

When I started going bald close to 17 years ago, I thought "This sucks, but by the time it really gets bad they will definitely have it figured out and I can get all my hair back". How wrong I was... Nothing at all wrong with hoping for a cure, but the first line of defense should be using what actually exists today.
                So you must be 40 now

Comment

• KO1
                  • Jan 2012

Our prospects suck right now. There is literally nothing good in the pipeline. Not a single real pharma company has any MPB product in their pipeline with the sole exception of Kythera, and their treatment is also of questionable utility. How can we get big pharma interested? This is wh I like Cotsarelis, I know people criticize his big mouth, but he's the only one out there trying to build up interest.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by KO1
                    Our prospects suck right now. There is literally nothing good in the pipeline. Not a single real pharma company has any MPB product in their pipeline with the sole exception of Kythera, and their treatment is also of questionable utility. How can we get big pharma interested? This is wh I like Cotsarelis, I know people criticize his big mouth, but he's the only one out there trying to build up interest.
                    Bim, CB, SM, Replicel, Setipiprant are all good prospects based on a lot of science and research. No previous hair loss treatment was the result of science and research, they happened by accident.

Comment

• bigentries
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                      Bim, CB, SM, Replicel, Setipiprant are all good prospects based on a lot of science and research. No previous hair loss treatment was the result of science and research, they happened by accident.
                      BIM and CB are far from being supported by science and research.

Bimatoprost whole deal is "it grows eyelashes, it might grow other hair too!", and CB is an antiandrogen developed for acne, they are just looking at the possibility that it might work for hair too. Just educated guesses

And remember that Intercytex, Aderans and Histogen all had sound science and research behind them, Aderans also had a huge financial backing. But rat studies can only get you so far

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bigentries
                        BIM and CB are far from being supported by science and research.

Bimatoprost whole deal is "it grows eyelashes, it might grow other hair too!", and CB is an antiandrogen developed for acne, they are just looking at the possibility that it might work for hair too. Just educated guesses

And remember that Intercytex, Aderans and Histogen all had sound science and research behind them, Aderans also had a huge financial backing. But rat studies can only get you so far
                        You're wrong again. There are a number of studies and research that tested bimatoprost on human scalps prior to clinical trials (and studies on how it effects hair growth), and also CB has undergone a number of pre-clinical studies prior to launching clinical trials.

Companies don't shell out millions over "educated guesses." They only do if there is reason to believe the drug should work, i.e. through studies and research.

Comment

• Pentarou
                          • Apr 2013

So looking at it objectively, there's literally nothing on the horizon? CB and BIM are dead-ends; Lauster, Team Tokyo and so on are out of the game; Replical and Histogen are defunct? Am I correct?

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Pentarou
                            So looking at it objectively, there's literally nothing on the horizon? CB and BIM are dead-ends; Lauster, Team Tokyo and so on are out of the game; Replical and Histogen are defunct? Am I correct?
                            yep

Comment

• Keki
                              • Mar 2015

cb is alive, bim we don't know till end of year but i don't think it's dead at all and anyway it works, replicel is alive and supported by shiseido, but it's not a home treatment, histogen is 99.9% dead

Comment

• Pentarou
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Keki
                                cb is alive, bim we don't know till end of year but i don't think it's dead at all and anyway it works, replicel is alive and supported by shiseido, but it's not a home treatment, histogen is 99.9% dead
                                Anything else going? Seriously, are we in a worse situation than 2014?

The mega-treatments like Histogen were always going to be game-changing or stillborn, IMO.

Comment

Working...