Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nameless
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
    Sceptical ? A few posts ago he didn't sound too sceptical in fact he claimed lighting etc doesnt even matter and we shouldnt 'complain' about it: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...ht=#post206017 Why the sudden turn ? And even weirder, why the sudden turn from Follicept ? They said they didnt want to allow forum members into the trail, cause it was 'dangerous' or 'legally difficult' and nonsense like that. So why the turn ? And why just 1 forum member ? I mean, you either do it good with 20 forum members or do nothing at all.
    It isn't your place to tell Follicept what to do. That having been said, I think you have a partial valid point this time. They did say they weren't going to involve forum members so if they let Staythick in then they are, in fact, reversing their own decision. Also, I don't know Staythick so I don't know if he's trustworthy or not. All this having been said the main reason they didn't want to involve forum members is because we're scattered across the country and apparently this one guy, Staythick, is local to them. I don't know what to make of all of this.

Comment

• nameless
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
      Well the guy most certainly is not 'sceptical' like you said, just read the post that I linked, that's the opposite of sceptical (naieve). And why only people close by, can you explain that please ? Thanks.

It's obvious why a forum member who lives close by is different from a forum member who's a long way away. But you are right that technically Follicept did reverse their own position. In this case since the person is close by I think it's understandable.

Comment

• David7
        • May 2014

I realy don't understand you people, why so much negativity? man if the product works and safe its wonderfull can't wait to use it but why the **** would you come here to bring people's hope down ? What's the point? Hope it's a great thing if some people chose to put their hope on follicept it's their choice only the product fail will change their view .
        I personaly i'am happy to see people working on mpb and its great to see Follicept confidence but let us wait for the result, we will see what happens after that.

Comment

• Keki
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by David7
          I realy don't understand you people, why so much negativity? man if the product works and safe its wonderfull can't wait to use it but why the **** would you come here to bring people's hope down ? What's the point? Hope it's a great thing if some people chose to put their hope on follicept it's their choice only the product fail will change their view .
          I personaly i'am happy to see people working on mpb and its great to see Follicept confidence but let us wait for the result, we will see what happens after that.
          keep in mind this is an hairloss forum, the hell of internet, everyone here is entitled to say bullshit, everyone has 4 or 5 degree in every human activity and know everything from past to future, the world hate baldness so you will never find a women or have a real life or find happyness, when you get a women she will cheat you with the first nw1, you will have hard time to find a decent job and people will always think you are a creepy bastard, the scientific world doesn't push for a cure, propecia and minox are the best and nothing can beat them for the next 15 years at least, hair transplant is the only way to go, everything after a nw2 is unacceptable, pgd2 theory is bullshit, the others future treatments are worse then propecia or minox anyway so they are useless, the rats pubs are useless and every new product are 100% scam because we can't beat hairloss without hair cloning.

This is every international hairloss forum circlejerk, thx god there are lot of minor hairloss forum in europe where you can actually have a real discussion

Comment

• brocktherock
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Keki
            keep in mind this is an hairloss forum, the hell of internet, everyone here is entitled to say bullshit, everyone has 4 or 5 degree in every human activity and know everything from past to future, the world hate baldness so you will never find a women or have a real life or find happyness, when you get a women she will cheat you with the first nw1, you will have hard time to find a decent job and people will always think you are a creepy bastard, the scientific world doesn't push for a cure, propecia and minox are the best and nothing can beat them for the next 15 years at least, hair transplant is the only way to go, everything after a nw2 is unacceptable, pgd2 theory is bullshit, the others future treatments are worse then propecia or minox anyway so they are useless, the rats pubs are useless and every new product are 100% scam because we can't beat hairloss without hair cloning.

This is every international hairloss forum circlejerk, thx god there are lot of minor hairloss forum in europe where you can actually have a real discussion
            Then let it pan out as bullshit. At least it's not another laser helmet or dermarolling thread. Also if shiseidos current trial goes well then they said they will commercialize in 2018. There very well may be delays but it still may very well be a cure that's a few years away.

Comment

• TheUltimatePoet
              • Jul 2011

Ah, Keki, that post made me laugh so hard!

Comment

• Afghanwig
                • May 2015

I realy don't understand you people, why so much negativity?
                There's one thing worse than hairloss: people trying to make money out of other people's misery. And we've seen a lot of that here. In fact, every single time somebody came to this board, promoting their therapy, it has been like that!! If you think otherwise, show me 1 just successful commercial product out there, other than fin or minox.

These are not people who care about you, in fact, they couldn't care less about you! They only care about taking your money. And people with the kind of attitude you promote, facilitate that ! So we should be very very wary of every new therapy out there.

For the record, not talking about Follicept here, about them we're not sure yet but it certainly doesn't look good.

Hope it's a great thing
                False hope is not. and when it takes your money and maybe even your health, then you're left worse than you were in the first place.

Comment

• Gerhard
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Keki

That honestly killed me. Basically summed up the entirety of the forum.

Comment

• bigentries
                    • Dec 2011

The point of a forums is to debate, to seek the truth. If skepticism hurts someone so much, they can keep their positivity outside the forums.

This sort of "hope" and "open mindedness" just hurts the community. People don't want debate, don't want the truth. They just want to believe, even in a lie, and will do everything in their power to shut down any sort of dissent.

Comment

• just2hairs
                      • Mar 2015

I agree in the past we have had many scams, but you have to balance the cause and effect. So far, Follicept has not done anything to cause some of you guys to accuse them of scamming. Just wait a little more and see.

I'm in full support of Follicept, but that doesn't mean i'll turn a blind eye to them. The minute they start doing some scam-ish stuff, i'm sure our lessons in the past will kick in. They haven't even posted results, so lets wait right?

Comment

• follicept
                        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by just2hairs
                        I agree in the past we have had many scams, but you have to balance the cause and effect. So far, Follicept has not done anything to cause some of you guys to accuse them of scamming. Just wait a little more and see.

I'm in full support of Follicept, but that doesn't mean i'll turn a blind eye to them. The minute they start doing some scam-ish stuff, i'm sure our lessons in the past will kick in. They haven't even posted results, so lets wait right?
                        StayThick called us to the mat, so I invited him to have a conversation. That's all. Don't know if he can/will participate, if it makes sense, if he wants to, etc. He said he is nearby, so I invited him to have a conversation. That's all. Don't read into it as a reversal or changing of minds or whatever. If it makes sense for him to participate, he might. Most of the other stuff is unfounded. There are some really intelligent, well-read members on here who have contributed to the conversation and raised some awesome points. We'll always appreciate that, and just don't see as much of it lately.
                        Last edited by Winston; 05-07-2015, 10:02 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Comment

• bigentries
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by just2hairs

And what have they done to warrant full support? Why so much hype?

Skeptics would remain quiet if the "wait and see" crowd would remain quiet soon. Unwarranted hype hurts too. Nigam and the Chlorine guy took advantage of that in the past, it's easy to take advantage of people when there's a big group that attacks anyone that dares to question.

Comment

• TheUltimatePoet
                            • Jul 2011

I think 'skepticism' is putting it lightly. Follicept were accused of being scammers right from the start. Even quite viciously! I think that was unjustified and completely uncalled for.

Comment

• David7
                              • May 2014

+1 Let's just see what happens.

Comment

• StayThick
                                • Oct 2012

I just don't understand why everyone on this forum can't just wait and see if this shows any promise or not. I mean they are doing some sort of trial currently so we should see some sort of evidence this does something (if anything) in the next few weeks ahead.

What I don't get is why people on here feel the urge throw their hands up in the air and start pointing fingers accusing companies like this of being a scam before any results are released. What's the point? Why not just sit tight and see what this trial reveals and go from there?

If it's a joke and it shows it did nothing to these individuals then everyone has the right to call the treatment and this company whatever they want. But now? So soon? Why not just sit tight and then throw your hands up when/if this product ultimately shows it does nothing.

This forum has changed so much over the years and not for the better I can assure you this. I guess going bald does that to people. Turning them into disgruntled heathens. I'm balding and I view this treatment as an opportunity for something to be released SOON, albeit whether it works or not. However, at least it has the potential to be released soon. Now granted, if it doesn't work, then clearly the release of the treatment would be stupid because who would purchase it if the trials reveals NO RESULTS? But again, at least wait until this current trial period is over before making accusations.

I'm working on getting in contact with Devon. I have yet to hear from him or be granted access into this trial personally. As I mentioned before, I'm local to their facility (here in FL) and this makes tremendous sense to allow me to do this to benefit this forum more so than anything else. Hopefully, Devon reaches out to me to confirm I can participate so I can inform you all and get everyone in the loop on my progress regarding their treatment.

Comment

Working...