X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helix
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Arashi
    Quite the contrary. I do realize people here are so desperate that each and every time they welcome ANYBODY who brings them even a glimmer of hope. They choose to ignore facts and live in a dream. A dream where people found the cure for hairloss but instead of being on CNBC, they rather stay under the radar and talk to us baldies here. A dream where there's no need for independent proof, cause people are always honest and always have good intentions.

But yeah there's nothing I can say to wake you guys up. This thread is useless, you all know it but you don't care. I'll leave you guys to it. And no, I wont be saying "I've told you say", but that's of course where it will all lead to again. But for now, enjoy the dream man.
    Thank you for your understanding.

Comment

• tom12345
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by follicept
      Vertex, receding, and I think a little diffuse thinning. I rrreaaalllyyy don't want to get a buzz cut so I will try to avoid that, but will cut it shorter. Like I said, results should be pretty darn clear. But I will do what I have to.
      You'd do the trial a disservice without a buzzcut. I've seen countless of "been X months on XYZ1234 that I ordered from China, does my hair look thicker?" It's impossible to tell when there's too much hair. Hair can be cut to let you comb over thin areas or vertex. You can add some fibers to make it thicker. And so on and so on. Buzzcut so it's possible to see existing thinning and any potential regrowth.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by tom12345
        You'd do the trial a disservice without a buzzcut. I've seen countless of "been X months on XYZ1234 that I ordered from China, does my hair look thicker?" It's impossible to tell when there's too much hair. Hair can be cut to let you comb over thin areas or vertex. You can add some fibers to make it thicker. And so on and so on. Buzzcut so it's possible to see existing thinning and any potential regrowth.
        Unless it's super dramatic growth, it's almost impossible to tell results when you aren't shaved...

At the very least, look at the pilox photos (you need something to stablize head and camera in same exact position + identical lighting). AND make sure you get your hair cut to the same EXACT length for every photo update... e.g. buzz with a 6 shaver before every photo session.

Honestly, it may be worth trying to find somebody in the area that does/has a trichoscan. There must be a university or dermatologist or somebody with one...

Comment

• gainspotter
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by tom12345
          Can't start a fire without a spark.

Comment

• follicept
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by gainspotter
            Can't start a fire without a spark.
            Huge Bruce Springsteen fan. Someone on here hit the nail on the head- ultra zoomed in brightly lit photos means it doesn't work well. I am hoping it will be very readily apparent that it's different. Already started making the youtube channel for broadcast/recording the results, and will keep you updated. Talk to you all Monday.

Comment

• EXprettyboy
              • Sep 2011

C'mon follicept!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

• Keki
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by follicept
                Huge Bruce Springsteen fan. Someone on here hit the nail on the head- ultra zoomed in brightly lit photos means it doesn't work well. I am hoping it will be very readily apparent that it's different. Already started making the youtube channel for broadcast/recording the results, and will keep you updated. Talk to you all Monday.
                If still you don't have tricoschan i suggest you buy right now a 20$ usb microscope from amazon, it's the only way to see some vellus with long hairs

Comment

• amoksha
                  • Apr 2015

@Devon @Follicept - You must get a buzz cut. I'm sure you would good in it man. The buzz cut as a baseline prior to the trial and proper pictures with the correct lighting and exposure is the only way to proove that IGF-1 is working. There are many doubters on this forum and rightfully so. The only way to prove this works is through a proper buzz cut, before and after pictures in proper lighting.

Please get a buzz cut man! Just do it...

Comment

• cocacola
                    • Feb 2013

Been following follicept threads for a while, such a mess with all these experts haha!

Posting first time here to really stress the necessity of a shorter haircut to asses results. U dont need to shave everything off, but no longer than 1 cm is ideal. Anyways hair grows back pretty fast if u have some left :P.

Comment

• stayhopeful
                      • Feb 2013

Devon , I understand you don't want to buzz.. i don't want to buzz either because it emphasizes the balding in my case. However, who gives an F what people think, if it works you are going to be stacking millions on millions. Worth the buzz cut ImO if you actually believe in the product

Comment

• nameless
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by cocacola
                        Been following follicept threads for a while, such a mess with all these experts haha!

Posting first time here to really stress the necessity of a shorter haircut to asses results. U dont need to shave everything off, but no longer than 1 cm is ideal. Anyways hair grows back pretty fast if u have some left :P.
                        +1

Comment

• clandestine
                          • Aug 2011

Buzz cut is absolutely necessary to properly gauge results (or lack thereof).

Comment

• bananana
                            Inactive
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by stayhopeful
                            Devon , I understand you don't want to buzz.. i don't want to buzz either because it emphasizes the balding in my case. However, who gives an F what people think, if it works you are going to be stacking millions on millions. Worth the buzz cut ImO if you actually believe in the product
                            +1

completely agree here. For some reason my earlier posts didnt show.
                            ANyhow, good luck Devon!

Comment

• follicept
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by EXprettyboy
                              C'mon follicept!!!
                              hahaha love it.

Comment

• follicept
                                • Feb 2015

Everyone on here gives a F what people think lol. We are all skeptical. If I were 100% certain, I would of course buzz, knowing I would be rich very soon hahaha. Getting a haircut today. Short but probably not buzz. Trust me, with pictures and HD video, it will be pretty clear. If it isn't visible enough without buzzing, we have a product that works maybe as well as Rogaine. Good luck to us trying to compete with a FDA approved product with hundreds of millions of marketing dollars behind us. If it works as well as we hope, haircut won't mean anything.

That said, there are several of us starting the trial. A couple older guys with very visible balding/receded hairline, diffuse thinning, and myself and a friend of ours who is like 22 or 23 with diffuse thinning. So we will have some variety and some good progress shots and video, pull tests, etc.

It'll be clear that we have a winner, or that we don't.

Comment

Working...