Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unbalding
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
    sorry he hasn't priced OC yet. he priced setipiprant at 300 for 15 grams. my mistake. but OC will prob be similar or cheaper because it is not licensed in the US.
    That's a good price. Did you ask him about TM30089 too? I am currently using ramatroban, which should have similar results to OC, and I am shedding about the same as when I was using RU(50-100 hairs/day). I'm hoping TM can dramatically reduce that number.

Comment

• HairlossAt15
      • May 2013

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
      Because we won't know results until 2018. Furthermore, it's backed by cots work and doesnt have a dangerous side effect profile
      More like late 2016, early 2017....not that long. We all know it is backed by cots work,but it is not as simple as buying the raw product and living happily ever after

Comment

• unbalding
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
        More like late 2016, early 2017....not that long. We all know it is backed by cots work,but it is not as simple as buying the raw product and living happily ever after
        Maybe you want to wait around and lose a couple norwoods by then, but I don't.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
          I have 10k put into Kythera stock, and I've been in contact with them numerous times. The trial will start the beginning of 2016, and then they will have to collect data and then publish it. End of 2017 at the soonest, 2018 more likely. I didn't realize you were a doctor or researcher who knew everything about the drug and how it will affect everyone's hair. Why don't you enlighten us?

Proscar was in almost the same situation before propecia was released, people jumped on it early because of factual evidence and saved their hair.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by sdsurfin
            sorry he hasn't priced OC yet. he priced setipiprant at 300 for 15 grams. my mistake. but OC will prob be similar or cheaper because it is not licensed in the US.
            SD, I'm slightly worried that taking 500mg a day won't be enough, especially since it was trialled at 2g a day for asthma. Maybe if we order like 60g at a time, or we do a group buy we can get it down even cheaper.

What do you plan on taking a day? I'd like to be taking at least 1g. I'd even consider applying OC topically as well, as cots actually recommended that a topical PDG2 inhibitor was the best way to go.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
              • Sep 2014

I have 10k put into Kythera stock, and I've been in contact with them numerous times. The trial will start the beginning of 2016, and then they will have to collect data and then publish it. End of 2017 at the soonest, 2018 more likely. I didn't realize you were a doctor or researcher who knew everything about the drug and how it will affect everyone's hair. Why don't you enlighten us?

Proscar was in almost the same situation before propecia was released, people jumped on it early because of factual evidence and saved their hair.
              Well, as you said they plan on doing a POC and based on that (if results are positive) they will immediately jump into a phase 3. During a phase 3 they can apply for an NDA with the FDA and hopefully a commercial release. Based on that, we should expect this product at around 2-2.5 years. Hopefully as time goes by we can figure out a homemade formula with a pgd2 blocker and people can jump off the fin if they want.

Great investment BTW

Comment

• HairlossAt15
                • May 2013

We are talking about oc and RU here?

Comment

• KO1
                  • Jan 2012

If you are in contact with Kythera. Did Actelion notice effects on hair during their trial? It would be curious to know whySeti and not TM/OC

Comment

• sdsurfin
                    • Sep 2013

I'll use as much as I can based on price. Hopefully if it's not enough it'll at least slow loss.

Comment

• TubZy
                      • Feb 2015

I purchased the OC ethanol from Kane. I will be adding 10mg of OC along with usual 20MG RU to my 6ml neogenic capsule solution that I apply all 6ml to my diffuse thinning every night. Will shake and dissolve. I already do this every night. Neogenic is a good vehicle.

My biggest issue is the annoying ass MPB itch. It wasnt bad when on minox but after dropping minox, RU can only minimize it so much I still get it.

Comment

• Magster
                        • Jun 2015

sdsurfin,

Are you using Zyrtec orally or topically? If topically, how do you filter out the excipients?

I used both OC salt and OC ethanol. OC salt the original did halt my abnormal shedding in about two days. I really couldn't believe it. But it became a real issue to dissolve and use it in a consistent way. Shedding crept back up. The craziest part about the experience was the intense itching I would get when I tried to get off of it (I don't have issues with itching, only high shedding). I really got scared that the itch wasn't going to stop. All in all, it was a crazy ride.

So, of course I had to try again with the ethanol version. There was still a very real problem with solubility. It did nothing to stop or slow down the shedding. I even asked Kane for my money back. Didn't hear from him after that. Haha. I backed off of buying from him after that for a long while.

Comment

• FeelsBad
                          • Oct 2012

That's so strange, you're not the first person I've heard say it stopped their shed and then stopped working. How long did it take for the itch to go back down after you stopped using it?

Comment

• Magster
                            • Jun 2015

FeelsBad,

I would be guessing at this point. But I would think no longer then a week? But a week of intense itching, when you never had itching before, feels like eternity.

It's crazy making trying to understand why it didn't continue to work. Acclimation? maybe.

I guess I feel I was worse off from having tried it, but I do think that it's solubility issues was a big part of the problem. I am not too familiar with TM, but the water soluble part does make it seem more interesting...

Comment

• champpy
                              • Apr 2015

Im thinking of giving this a try, but does anyone know exactly how to prepare?
                              Would it be similar to the RU pre, Dissolve in Ethanol and add PG or Dimethyl Isosorbide as the carrier?

Comment

• champpy
                                • Apr 2015

oops forget my previous post, I just found the OC guide in another thread. Im going to give this a try soon as RU has really done nothing to stop the shedding after 1.5 months of usage

Comment

Working...