Combatting RU58841 side effects

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Illusion
    replied
    Another thought popped in...

    RU is stopping a certain %age of T and DHT from binding to the hair follicle right?

    So if RU will go systematic, does that mean that it will both reduce your T and DHT?

    Leave a comment:


  • Illusion
    replied
    Originally posted by inbrugge
    What are the potential side effects of using SJW in the long term? It seems to be altering liver function which is something not trivial to tinker with.

    Also, if SJW is working as some sort of flush to remove RU from the system, why would it not also remove the RU attached to the DHT receptors, and thus, eliminating any efficacy it would have?
    I bought SJW a few days ago (haven't taken any yet). It was at a herbal medicine store (you probably have those in your neighbourhood too) but the women who sold it to me seemed to know a little bit about SJW. She asked me what i was going to use it for (as you probably already know, it's mainly used for treating depressia/anxiety), if I knew what SJW actually did and if I knew that I couldn't use anti-depressions and some other medicins together with SJW. I said "yes I know, but I'm actually going to use it to get my liver to process faster so that certain things will be out of my system quicker."

    She had no idea why I would do that, but telling her the whole story about RU etc was going to take a lot of time and effort which I didn't want to spend on it. So anyway, she gave me the SJW and I asked her wether I could use it for a life-long period of time. She said I certainly could not take it for the rest of my life, let alone a couple of years. However, up to 6 months would be fine. Maybe 1 year too, but that was pretty much the max according to her.


    Now I'm doubting her knowledge a little bit, but I can definitely see why one shouldn't take SJW for the rest of their lifes. Besides, it works as an anti-depressant believe and taking those for a very long time can affect your body I believe. There is actually quite a lot of debate about this because the long term (side) effects of anti-depressants are unknown.


    So using SJW for a long time is out of the question. Maybe you could do a couple of months on and a couple of months off? I guess this also depends on how effective SJW is in reducing sides and on how bad your gyno is going to be if you let it run loose a few months. Also, I don't think taking an overdose (like Boldy is doing) is a good idea. But that's just my gut feeling though.

    About your second point, whether RU is still going to be as effective: I don't know. Theoretically, RU doesn't have to go systematic to be effective I believe. This would mean that if it would never even pass the liver, it would still be as effective. So therefore I don't think that using SJW is going to affect the efficacy of RU. This is just logical reasoning though (broscience for the win), I could be wrong.



    ---------------


    I was thinking as of late... Couldn't we use any DHT-supplements or anything? For example, some brands of creatine cause spikes in your DHT levels. Or anything along those lines? I know it seems kind of a dumb idea, inhibitting DHT on your scalp for hair loss and boosting your systematic DHT at the same time, but still... Might be worth a shot? I don't really know of any DHT-supplements though and I'm fearing those supplements are too weak to do anything... But maybe you can "restore" the balance in your body once again by using RU and DHT-supplements at the same time?

    Leave a comment:


  • inbrugge
    replied
    Originally posted by goldnt
    For months ive had some weird nipple pain. I think its gyno developing. I don't mind because with a little exercise ive gotten it under control.
    gyno and exercise don't really relate. i was working out regularly too but it didn't prevent me from developing gyno.

    Leave a comment:


  • diffuseloser
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpauly
    with all do respect bro fin is very very safe ! It has clinical studies and passed many trials . It's safer then aspirin
    Well the thought has occurred that I could have been taking fin relatively side free all these years. Instead, I've been losing my hair.

    Leave a comment:


  • lilpauly
    replied
    Originally posted by goldnt
    For months ive had some weird nipple pain. I think its gyno developing. I don't mind because with a little exercise ive gotten it under control.
    Keep an eye on it ! If it continues to grow then u must go see a dr , I have gyno develope as well

    Leave a comment:


  • goldnt
    replied
    For months ive had some weird nipple pain. I think its gyno developing. I don't mind because with a little exercise ive gotten it under control.

    Leave a comment:


  • lilpauly
    replied
    Originally posted by diffuseloser
    It took me a long time to arrive at the decision to use RU. When I finally did start using it, I was expecting sides. I was very surprised that there were none, not even a small fluctuation. It's making me wonder now whether I should have risked fin. I've been against fin and I think there's no question it can cause problems for some. I'm still not convinced enough to take it but it still crosses my mind now and again.
    with all do respect bro fin is very very safe ! It has clinical studies and passed many trials . It's safer then aspirin

    Leave a comment:


  • diffuseloser
    replied
    It took me a long time to arrive at the decision to use RU. When I finally did start using it, I was expecting sides. I was very surprised that there were none, not even a small fluctuation. It's making me wonder now whether I should have risked fin. I've been against fin and I think there's no question it can cause problems for some. I'm still not convinced enough to take it but it still crosses my mind now and again.

    Leave a comment:


  • brocktherock
    replied
    I've been on RU for 8 months now and I have had zero sides useing more than Hellouser did. I'm starting to think the sexual side effect hysteria is in a lot of people's head. If you look at fins clinical data, there were people on placebo reporting ED. Have you ever been with a girl you were really into then get stage fright when the big moment comes. If getting it up is on your mind, you'll fail every time.

    Leave a comment:


  • diffuseloser
    replied
    If I'm not getting any negative sides whatsoever with RU, would it be advisable to take a chance with fin? Are the chances of sides on fin lesser because of this? I wouldn't want to mix the two so if I was to take fin, I'd drop RU. I've tinkered with the idea of fin for years.

    Leave a comment:


  • robodoc
    replied
    don't use RU

    Originally posted by Illusion
    So I've been taking RU for the past few days, hoping that it wouldn't give me side effects whereas fin did. I had read quite a lot of posts claiming that RU did go systematic but because of its shorter half life, sides would be less of an problem as they would last less longer than fin. I was hoping though that RU wouldn't go systematic and thus wouldn't give me sides. Yeah, I had pretty high hopes.

    I have only taken RU for a couple of days now but gyno already starts to develop. I'm also feeling some other things since I started RU but I'm willing to discard every side effect that only has the slightest chance to be caused by a paranoid mind. Gyno, however, is one of the few sides that I absolutely can't imagine: I can't grow tits by using my mind.


    This brings me to the following question: because of RU's MoA (binding locally to receptors in the scalp so DHT won't, if I understand this correctly) will it matter a lot how much DHT there will be in my body as a whole? I have a very low level of knowledge regarding this concept, but I was thinking something along the lines of boosting my DHT levels significantly as it wouldn't matter for hair loss anyway as long as I would be using RU?

    Or maybe there's another way to combat RU sides? Surely because of this MoA compared to the MoA of fin/dut there are going to be some ways to reduce sides? I would lower the dose, but I'm already on a pretty low dose (concentration of 2,5% , 50mg/2ml). If I can't even take RU for MPB, I practically ran out of AA's to try and my battle against hair loss will become a pretty dark one.

    There is some great knowledge in this subforum and I was wondering if anybody had an idea of what to do... Any comments/insights would be greatly aprecciated!
    I do not believe it is safe nor do I believe it works very well. We use it because we are desperate not that it is good.

    Leave a comment:


  • inbrugge
    replied
    Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
    Damnit, I was actually considering adding this to my regimen.
    Aren't you already on Fin?

    Leave a comment:


  • Notcoolanymore
    replied
    Originally posted by LMS
    Sides with RU are pretty common, I had them.
    Damnit, I was actually considering adding this to my regimen.

    Leave a comment:


  • inbrugge
    replied
    I will repeat the good points Illusion made.

    What are the potential side effects of using SJW in the long term? It seems to be altering liver function which is something not trivial to tinker with.

    Also, if SJW is working as some sort of flush to remove RU from the system, why would it not also remove the RU attached to the DHT receptors, and thus, eliminating any efficacy it would have?

    If we can get convincing positive answers to these, I will hop on board.

    Leave a comment:


  • Parsia
    replied
    Originally posted by Pate
    You can't get gyno in two days. It takes weeks to months to see any effect.

    I hate to say it, but some of you guys are getting placebo sides for sure IMO. Looking at your chest knowing you've been taking RU naturally increases your perception that your chest is changing, but it's really not. It's no different from when we sometimes get guys in here saying "I started XYZ treatment four days ago and my hair already looks thicker" - it's impossible.

    If you seriously think you are, take photos, use RU for 1 month, take more photos, then compare. If you don't see any difference, you can continue for another month.

    It's different if you're getting pain etc, or erectile problems, because those can be real or placebo after two days - but for gyno, don't just rely on perception in the mirror.

    I'm willing to bet that I could give some of you guys a mix of PG and ethanol with nothing in it, tell you it's RU, and you'd be reporting sides from it including gyno.

    I'm definitely not saying sides aren't real, especially for fin. But some of the so-called sides that are reported here are just not possible in the timeframe. I hate to think some of you are losing hair due to placebo sides.
    Thanks for your very nice post , I really enjoyed while I was reading it , You explained that very accurate and logical , So do you mind if I ask whats your regimen currently ?

    Leave a comment:

Working...