Replicel's update 23 October 2014

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inbrugge
    • Oct 2013

Guys thanks for answering my questions. This sounds amazing. I think i will hop on this as soon as it becomes available even if it means a trip to Japan

Comment

• Justinian
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by inbrugge
      Guys thanks for answering my questions. This sounds amazing. I think i will hop on this as soon as it becomes available even if it means a trip to Japan
      Wouldn't it need 2 trips (or one really long trip)? One for collecting the cells. Then it takes a few weeks to grow them. And then another trip is needed to actually transplant the cells.

Comment

• loseyourself
        • Nov 2014

Hi guys, I'm a new member here but I've been lurking on this forum for a very long time - mostly looking for some hope. And it seems like it finally might have come through. While this is still only in the pipeline, I think this is one of the most exciting things to happen in a while.

I'm an equities / special situations analyst at a pretty large hedge fund, and in general there's been some buzz about Replicel in the investment industry. I don't want to give anyone false hope, but some of our biotech industry analysts were discussing the company and said that the biggest risk was not that they don't have a working product, but rather that they might not be the first to get it to market (i.e. they expect that some other product for MPB will come to market before 2016).

Regardless, the risk shouldn't matter to us as we get the benefit regardless of who gets to the market first.

There is obviously quite a bit of uncertainty about it, but on the whole the team was quite bullish on the company (i.e. they expect the stock price to rise rapidly, and that the partnership with Shiseido will make sure no Big Pharma company tries to buy out and shelf the product - as has happened in the past with other products). They expect trials to go pretty smoothly and fast in Japan, and were expecting the product to come out to the public in late 2015/early 2016.

That's all I can say for now. But it's really exciting news guys. I'm only 23 (been balding since I was 17. Diffuse NW2 now and it sucks) and I'll be glad if I can just get my youth back - even if it's only my late 20s and 30s.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed - and pray that this is it.

Comment

• sdsurfin
          • Sep 2013

If you're only 23 I wouldn't worry. Something will pan out while you're still really young. If replicel works they way they are touting it, then I think this is all great. I am cautiously optimistic that this will be useful for people that still have a good amount of hair to keep and some money to spend. Their results have not been awe inspiring, and who knows if the maintenance will last- the scalp is a complicated environment. I do think this is the best thing we've seen in a while, so let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. There's no way in hell this is going to be a cure for people who are already bald, but if it comes out soon it might help those of us who just want to keep what we have.

Also, I ordered some adenogen from shiseido and have been using it for a week, and I'm pretty impressed by their design- it's also non greasy, easy to apply, and doesn't give me the black eye circles that rogaine did. Not sure about effectiveness yet but the itch is slightly better. I think shiseido is a good company to be heading this up, the japanese and the germans are the best at design and technology, and I'm glad replicel is working with those guys.

Comment

• sdsurfin
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by loseyourself
            Hi guys, I'm a new member here but I've been lurking on this forum for a very long time - mostly looking for some hope. And it seems like it finally might have come through. While this is still only in the pipeline, I think this is one of the most exciting things to happen in a while.

I'm an equities / special situations analyst at a pretty large hedge fund, and in general there's been some buzz about Replicel in the investment industry. I don't want to give anyone false hope, but some of our biotech industry analysts were discussing the company and said that the biggest risk was not that they don't have a working product, but rather that they might not be the first to get it to market (i.e. they expect that some other product for MPB will come to market before 2016).

Regardless, the risk shouldn't matter to us as we get the benefit regardless of who gets to the market first.

There is obviously quite a bit of uncertainty about it, but on the whole the team was quite bullish on the company (i.e. they expect the stock price to rise rapidly, and that the partnership with Shiseido will make sure no Big Pharma company tries to buy out and shelf the product - as has happened in the past with other products). They expect trials to go pretty smoothly and fast in Japan, and were expecting the product to come out to the public in late 2015/early 2016.

That's all I can say for now. But it's really exciting news guys. I'm only 23 (been balding since I was 17. Diffuse NW2 now and it sucks) and I'll be glad if I can just get my youth back - even if it's only my late 20s and 30s.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed - and pray that this is it.
            loseyourself-

Have you asked the biology guys why they think something might come out before replicel? From what I can tell there's not too much in the pipeline. Any insight you can share? I do think that a more effective hair cloning technique will come to light in the next few years, but I doubt they will come out with much before replicel considering all the work and trials that need to be done. Besides histogen, which is kind of lackluster, there isn't anything amazing that has gone through clinical trials for alopecia yet.

Comment

• noisette
              • Jun 2013

Hello guys,

I don't know if it's a similar situation for Replicel and his Japan partner. But there is an optimistic vision for the futur of his product.

Here, it's a GOOD news :
              " New York, USA, and Melbourne, Australia; 1 October2014: Regenerative medicine
              company Mesoblast Limited (ASX: MSB; USOTC: MBLTY) today reported that its
              Japanese partner, JCR Pharmaceuticals Co Ltd (JCR), has filed with the
              Japanese Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA) to receive approval for
              manufacturing, marketing, and product registration of the allogeneic or “off-the-shelf”
              Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC) product JR-031 for the treatment of acute graft versus
              host disease (GVHD) in children and adults.
              The product registration filing by JCR will be subject to a priority review as JR-031 has
              been granted orphan drug status. If the filing is successful, JR-031 will be the first
              allogeneic cell-based product approved in Japan. "

source : http://eu.arminvestorday.com/news/

Comment

• Shinobi
                • Oct 2014

Im not sure why replicel would work while his cousin Aderan failed. Especially since they are using only periburbal dermal sheath. Im more wondering for the other trial done in thailand with mixed cell line and many different protocol

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by loseyourself
                  Your biotech industry analysts are pretty incompetent, much like all other 'analysts'. There won't be anything out on the market before 2016, you can bet your life on that.

Comment

• mezuroro
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Shinobi
                    Im not sure why replicel would work while his cousin Aderans failed. Especially since they are using only periburbal dermal sheath.
                    Good question! Anyone?

Comment

• Thinning@30
                      • Mar 2010

I've been on this forum for a few years. About two years ago, people were very excited about Replicel and then the company went out and did a stock pump and dump just before phase I results were disclosed. Many people on the forum were very upset. Given the current state of the industry, I can't imagine anyone bringing a product to market by year-end 2015 (would love to be wrong).

Comment

• Westonci
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by mezuroro
                        Good question! Anyone?
                        Aderans worked with dermal papillaes and Replicel works with Dermal Sheath Cup cells

Comment

• mezuroro
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Westonci
                          Aderans worked with dermal papillaes and Replicel works with Dermal Sheath Cup cells
                          Thanks!

Comment

• Hairismylife
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                            Japan's new legislation allows commercial release DURING phase II trials. So... any time
                            between now and the next 39 months is *possible*. Don't bet on it though... thats likely not in gods 'divine' plan.
                            Phase 2 has ALREADY started?

Comment

• sdsurfin
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by mezuroro
                              Thanks!
                              It's a different cell line. Papillae are known to lose their inductivity pretty fast. Hopefullt DSC cells are better for getting things moving again. From a design perspective it makes sense- the DSC cells are on the outside and are like little cups. Always wondered why they don't use these two cell lines together.

Also adorns failed in the economic sense, but their method did prevent hair loss and grow some hair. I just hope that replicel is able to make enough of a lasting difference to be a marketable product. Most guys don't want to spend a lot of money on something that just slows baldness or makes you slightly less bald.

Comment

• noisette
                                • Jun 2013

Not yet, In Japan, phase II will begin in Q1 2015 , in German the phase II will begin in the end of this year

Comment

Working...