Topical Fin or RU?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • diffuseloser
    replied
    Parsia, I have no experience whatsoever with oral finasteride so I can't really make any recommendation on using both together. I'm not willing to take the risk involved with using fin so RU is the next best thing for me. I've had no sides so far. There are far more experienced members on these forums than myself so hopefully they will chime in and give you a better answer to that question.

    Yes, RU has definitely helped with regrowth for me. I know my own hair and can see a huge improvement in density. I'm hoping this continues.

    Again, I have no experience with premixed solution so I can't comment on their effectiveness. I would also be interested to know if anyone has had success with the premixed solutions available. I still prefer mixing my own solution and this is what has been working for me so I'm sticking with it. It's not hard to do, it only takes the guts of 30 minutes and that makes enough solution for at least a month.

    Leave a comment:


  • Parsia
    replied
    Originally posted by diffuseloser
    Round about 33mg per day. It's doing the job.
    Dear Diff , 1-what do you think about using oral finasteride and also RU topical together?
    2-would RU help any regrowth ?
    3- do you recommend the premixed solutions?
    I really don't know why people say powder is cheaper because right now is price pretty much the same. I would appreciate if you can answer my all question.

    Leave a comment:


  • Parsia
    replied
    Originally posted by kissmyscalp
    I lost my hair for 10 years. I started treatment there almost a year.

    My first treatmment was minoxidil (polaris nr07), neogenic, folligen coppers peptitde, folligen emu oil, dermarolling, oral finasteride, keto shampoo and vitamins supplements.
    After 3-4 month with this treatment, I recovered almost all my hair mostly at my hairline from NW2.5 to NW 0.5. This was amazing. It was like a good hair transplant.

    Then I just use minoxidil and finasteride and I start shedding during 4 month. I lost tons of hair.
    Since two month I use 0.25% topical finasteride 50ml / day and my shed has stopped, but I can't see any regrowth, some velues but nothing more.
    ---
    You're right Sir , your experience can really show that BIG 3 is not the only option ! Guys please don't call everything snake oil !!! If all of these oil treatment and supplements are snake oil why are they in every country and every cultutre? I agree BIG 3 should be in regimen but I believe other good stuff can really help as kissmyscalp mention that very nice , once he stopped the folligen and rolling and vitamin he got sheds again , ! anyhow I wish you get your hair back , if you ask my personal opinion I would say go back to SAME regimen that you had before, be patient and you would get the result again , Because you maintain one time so its better if you keep using the same regimen . Best.

    Leave a comment:


  • diffuseloser
    replied
    Round about 33mg per day. It's doing the job.

    Leave a comment:


  • kissmyscalp
    replied
    I lost my hair for 10 years. I started treatment there almost a year.

    My first treatmment was minoxidil (polaris nr07), neogenic, folligen coppers peptitde, folligen emu oil, dermarolling, oral finasteride, keto shampoo and vitamins supplements.
    After 3-4 month with this treatment, I recovered almost all my hair mostly at my hairline from NW2.5 to NW 0.5. This was amazing. It was like a good hair transplant.

    Then I just use minoxidil and finasteride and I start shedding during 4 month. I lost tons of hair.
    Since two month I use 0.25% topical finasteride 50ml / day and my shed has stopped, but I can't see any regrowth, some velues but nothing more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hairismylife
    replied
    Originally posted by diffuseloser
    RU definitely works, there's no doubt about that. So does finasteride so it's a choice between the two. I opted for RU as I'm more comfortable with a topical. There's a lot of garbage and snake oil on these forums so just try to stick to the tried and tested and don't waste your money on anything else at least until something is proven to work. I'm also taking 1350mg of saw palmetto daily and I have a 1kg bag of pumpkin seeds that I munch on in work. I doubt either of the two do much but it can't hurt and they're cheap as chips. My RU dose is fairly low but it's working and that's all that matters for now. I also miss a few days here and there and it doesn't seem to affect the results. Nizoral shampoo is also a must for any good regimen. We have these to keep us in the game for now and despite all the negativity surrounding future treatments, I don't think we will have to wait too much longer. Just my two cents.
    What concentration are you using?

    Leave a comment:


  • diffuseloser
    replied
    RU definitely works, there's no doubt about that. So does finasteride so it's a choice between the two. I opted for RU as I'm more comfortable with a topical. There's a lot of garbage and snake oil on these forums so just try to stick to the tried and tested and don't waste your money on anything else at least until something is proven to work. I'm also taking 1350mg of saw palmetto daily and I have a 1kg bag of pumpkin seeds that I munch on in work. I doubt either of the two do much but it can't hurt and they're cheap as chips. My RU dose is fairly low but it's working and that's all that matters for now. I also miss a few days here and there and it doesn't seem to affect the results. Nizoral shampoo is also a must for any good regimen. We have these to keep us in the game for now and despite all the negativity surrounding future treatments, I don't think we will have to wait too much longer. Just my two cents.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boldy
    replied
    Originally posted by diffuseloser
    I've been on RU for almost a month now and I've already seen a massive improvement. I use Kirkland Minoxidil and a small amount of Isopropyl 99.9% pure alcohol as a vehicle. I've never taken finasteride but I've always used minoxidil which never really improved, but seemed to maintain very well. This past month my hair has become really filled in and lots more coverage than before. I haven't experienced any sides whatsoever. It's still early days, but if I will be sticking with RU long term until something better comes along. I'm amazed at how much it has improved my hair in such a short period of time.

    Same here, first 3 weeks I had a shedding, but now after 5-6 weeks the hair behind the HT hairline is getting definitely denser.


    Im on RU only now, but will add ahk/ghk-cu + neogenic soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • diffuseloser
    replied
    I've been on RU for almost a month now and I've already seen a massive improvement. I use Kirkland Minoxidil and a small amount of Isopropyl 99.9% pure alcohol as a vehicle. I've never taken finasteride but I've always used minoxidil which never really improved, but seemed to maintain very well. This past month my hair has become really filled in and lots more coverage than before. I haven't experienced any sides whatsoever. It's still early days, but if I will be sticking with RU long term until something better comes along. I'm amazed at how much it has improved my hair in such a short period of time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Duke
    replied
    I put 1.25 mg Fin into my 3% RU! No idea if it works since I started using RU just a couple weeks ago. Prior to that I was on Fin for 3 years but quit becuase I suffered sides. Lost a lot of hair since I stopped using Fin and hope I can at least stop or slow down my hair loss!

    Leave a comment:


  • buck
    replied
    I think I'm going to try the premixed Anagenic 3% to get the ball rolling. Any thoughts about PG/E v kB?

    I am interested in reducing sides, which, popular opinion indicates, KB seems to do. But I have longish hair and I'm wondering if KB will make it difficult to keep clean/ style… such as it is =] Any thoughts from RU users?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jazz1
    replied
    Originally posted by buck
    How much is 5% in milligrams, Jazz? El Duterino on another site has suggested that 20 mg might be sufficient to halt hair loss. What are your thoughts?
    50mg, 20mg would be 2% depends how you calculate your mixtures I would personally make fresh batches daily so 20mg per 1ml solution, or use neogenic solution works well.

    Leave a comment:


  • lmg7
    replied
    Swooping because im new in this forum can you just please mention some sides from ru ?

    Leave a comment:


  • buck
    replied
    Thanks man, very helpful.

    Leave a comment:


  • Swooping
    replied
    If those are you 2 primary concerns I would definitely opt for RU. I'll explain why;

    The most important thing to me in using something is being it directly targeted. 5ar2 systematically inhibiting is a big stupid workaround. You are altering your hormonal profile that way. Hormones are a very subtle and fragile thing. Some just cope with it better than others and have no problems, some adapt and live with it, some just quit because they can't handle it and in extreme cases people can be (permanently) f*cked.

    RU, as an androgen receptor however just occupies the receptor and will block hormones from binding. But that isn't altering your hormones, in fact they will stay the same only will they float around in your body. Now blocking AR systematically, that wouldn't be good too and comes with it's own complications. But RU has shown in studies that the pharmacokinetic profile is very good. Meaning that the systematic absorption is supposedly very limited. And even if some goes systematic it doesn't matter that much cause the amount of RU or the metabolites of RU ain't strong enough to occupy the receptor.

    This alone says enough for me. 5ar2 inhibitors are a big workaround and RU covers the problem more directly; the androgen receptor at the hair follicle. Now even RU isn't perfect and side effects may occur but it has a very favorable profile for application imo.

    Whatever treatment you are going to choose btw don't go into it with the idea you are going to get sides. Good luck!

    Leave a comment:

Working...