Topical Fin or RU?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • buck
    replied
    Swooping, my biggest concern is side effects. Next is efficacy, of course. But if I get sides, it won't be effective b/c I will stop immediately. I'm sure that topical Fin will go systemic. It's just that anecdotally there seems to be fewer reports of side effects. RU has sides too, but for some reason I've always leaned toward RU.

    For me, researching all this stuff is a challenge. I'm a pretty smart guy, but for some reason chemistry is not my thing. I like your summary of the different moas. Maybe I can use this as a starting point.

    To that end, I know there is a lot out there, but could you point me to a favorite summary or two of how RU works? I'll figure it out one way or another, but when I read random posts about biochemistry, I sometimes feel like I am developing premature brain fog.

    Leave a comment:


  • Swooping
    replied
    It depends on your personal preference. What is important to you?

    Efficiency?
    Convenience?
    Price?
    Side effects?

    Though I would definitely opt for RU, just because inhibiting 5ar2 systematically is almost "retarded" to be honest. Now inhibiting AR systematically would also be bad, but RU favours a good pharmacokinetic profile to limit systematic absorption. Topical finasteride furthermore is really the biggest bullshit there is, it will go systematic no matter what you do.

    Leave a comment:


  • buck
    replied
    How much is 5% in milligrams, Jazz? El Duterino on another site has suggested that 20 mg might be sufficient to halt hair loss. What are your thoughts?

    Leave a comment:


  • LMS
    replied
    Originally posted by Nerve
    Thanks!
    Now I hope people answer your original question. Sorry to derail it.

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................
    I am considering starting an anti-androgen for the first time, and I wanted to get some opinions on topical Fin vs. RU?

    Lilpauly has recommended that I try Fin first.

    For those who have tried either or both, what do you think? (Fwiw the topical Fin would be Promox. I have a bottle on hand.)

    Also open to other opinions, i.e. why I should just go for CB & Versapro etc. But I'm looking for personal experiences of effectiveness and especially side effects.

    A little background… I was a very good minoxidil responder when I began treatments ten years ago, achieving near full regrowth with Rogaine 5% once a day.

    Thanks in advance!
    Start with fin I'd say. Its the only actually approved treatment of the three. Evaluate results and side effects. If you don't like it go with RU. Although its not technically approved its pretty much been confirmed to work by anecdotes, mine included.

    Originally posted by Jazz1
    Ru can give same sexual sides as FIN I got them at 5%, me personally I would go with FIN as the people who used FIN for years had to make the switch when it stopped working. I would leave RU and DUT as last option when FIN stops working to prolong for better treatments.
    I can also confirm that RU has its own set of sides.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jazz1
    replied
    Ru can give same sexual sides as FIN I got them at 5%, me personally I would go with FIN as the people who used FIN for years had to make the switch when it stopped working. I would leave RU and DUT as last option when FIN stops working to prolong for better treatments.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nerve
    replied
    Thanks!
    Now I hope people answer your original question. Sorry to derail it.

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................
    I am considering starting an anti-androgen for the first time, and I wanted to get some opinions on topical Fin vs. RU?

    Lilpauly has recommended that I try Fin first.

    For those who have tried either or both, what do you think? (Fwiw the topical Fin would be Promox. I have a bottle on hand.)

    Also open to other opinions, i.e. why I should just go for CB & Versapro etc. But I'm looking for personal experiences of effectiveness and especially side effects.

    A little background… I was a very good minoxidil responder when I began treatments ten years ago, achieving near full regrowth with Rogaine 5% once a day.

    Thanks in advance!

    Leave a comment:


  • buck
    replied
    No unfortunately it lost effectiveness over time. I've never stopped, so it's hard to know for sure, but I believe I would be worse off today without it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nerve
    replied
    Originally posted by buck

    A little background… I was a very good minoxidil responder when I began treatments ten years ago, achieving near full regrowth with Rogaine 5% once a day.
    Sorry that I can not help you with your question but can you tell me, did Rogaine `hold back the tide` for 10 years for you? I always wonder about how long it is effective for.

    Leave a comment:


  • buck
    replied
    Thanks, LMS.

    Any other advice? This would be a pretty big step for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • LMS
    replied
    Ru no doubt IMO. Much stronger IMO, different moa of course aswell

    Leave a comment:


  • buck
    started a topic Topical Fin or RU?

    Topical Fin or RU?

    I am considering starting an anti-androgen for the first time, and I wanted to get some opinions on topical Fin vs. RU?

    Lilpauly has recommended that I try Fin first.

    For those who have tried either or both, what do you think? (Fwiw the topical Fin would be Promox. I have a bottle on hand.)

    Also open to other opinions, i.e. why I should just go for CB & Versapro etc. But I'm looking for personal experiences of effectiveness and especially side effects.

    A little background… I was a very good minoxidil responder when I began treatments ten years ago, achieving near full regrowth with Rogaine 5% once a day.

    Thanks in advance!
Working...