• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haircure
    • May 2014

Originally posted by paulneedshair
    So I just have some questions about histogen:

1) how much will it cost and will be priced per dose

2) what garantee can they give? say it fall oyuts after six months or you get an infection.

3) will you be able to use it with replicel?

4) will you be able to stop using meds like finasteride?

5) if it is released in japan next year then when will it be out in the usa and europe?

Thanks
    Like posters stated previously it's still in clinical trials, so no one here can answer these questions for you. The trials done were on those that weren't taking medication so again we don't know if you can drop finasteride. Finally I believe like Replicel they are looking to license the treatment to another company which would then mass produce, distribute, and offer the treatment, and therefore only they will be the ones to provide you with any guarantees and price.

Comment

• Kiwi
      • Mar 2011

Of course it'll still work if you have a HT!!!

When you have a HT the surrounding hairs don't suddenly die and fall out within a circular proximity - like thinning at 30 is suggesting. All those hairs will still benefit from Histogen.

I speculate in the other direction(that's all thinning is doing - speculating), Histogen coupled with HT will become enough of a solution and it will provide an aesthetically pleasing result.

If you are already nw2-4 this will be a great option.

Comment

• Jasari
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Thinning@30
        I think the bigger concern is scar tissue created by incisions in the recipient area. During a HT, the surgeon makes tiny holes where the transplanted hairs are placed, and a small amount of scar tissue usually develops in the area around these incisions. Obviously, the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant, but no hair will grow in the small margin of scar tissue around the incision. These margins are very small, but imagine having them all over the recipient area. HTs can't provide natural levels of density (a lot of folks with HTs resort to Toppik and other fillers to create the illusion of normal density). Anyone planning to use next generation treatments like Histogen and Replicel should be a bit wary of HTs in this day and age.
        Thats the purpose of the hair transplant in the first place. If the gap between the translated hairs & the scar tissue is so much that it has damaged surrounding follicles, Histogen won't be required [On that area] due to sufficient density.

If it is a low density transplant then sure, perhaps some spaces will be less dense [With histogen] but the scar tissue is a relatively small issue. I've previously had a hair transplant surrounding significant amounts of existing hair, so the damage to surrounding tissue won't be enough to stop Histogen re-creating a cosmetically viable full head of hair [If it can in fact do so]. It's a non issue.

If Histogen can grow a full head of hair a transplant will be irrelevant. Whether it works full stop is the real question.

Comment

• nameless
          • Feb 2013

A couple things I don't get:

1. If Histogen's HSC will work then doesn't that mean AAPE would work since they're similar?

2. If Histogen's HSC does work somewhat then maybe AAPE would work better because AAPE is actually similar to Histogen's HSC except Histogen's HSC is a man-made version of the growth factors and proteins follicles use as fuel to grow hair but AAPE is the exact growth factors and proteins that nature devised to grow hair. It just seems like nature's version of these growth factors would be more perfect. The man-made version might leave out some important growth factors whereas AAPE is all of the important growth factors.

Comment

• Gjm127
            • Mar 2012

when news like this came up in 2012 people on this forum would never stop asking what the timeline had become at that time.. It seems to me ppl are afraid to ask that question now hehe, so here I go:
            What are your opinions on what the timeline looks like for both these rejuvenating treatments after these presentations?

I just don't get what Japan has to do with Histogen's final phase.. what does all that mean? Is it included in the FDA approval process?
            And how about Shesheido, how do they help in bringing the product to the market sooner?

Comment

• Haircure
              • May 2014

Originally posted by Gjm127
              when news like this came up in 2012 people on this forum would never stop asking what the timeline had become at that time.. It seems to me ppl are afraid to ask that question now hehe, so here I go:
              What are your opinions on what the timeline looks like for both these rejuvenating treatments after these presentations?

I just don't get what Japan has to do with Histogen's final phase.. what does all that mean? Is it included in the FDA approval process?
              And how about Shesheido, how do they help in bringing the product to the market sooner?
              As far as I'm aware, histogen has nothing to do with japan at this point but are looking for partners there. Shesheido is the Japanese partner to Replicel, and are developing the same hair loss treatment that Replicel is but, due to the new clinical trial laws recently implemented, they are able to do their trials faster.

Comment

• Gjm127
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Haircure
                As far as I'm aware, histogen has nothing to do with japan at this point but are looking for partners there. Shesheido is the Japanese partner to Replicel, and are developing the same hair loss treatment that Replicel is but, due to the new clinical trial laws recently implemented, they are able to do their trials faster.
                But the question becomes : How do they benefit from Japan's new fast-tracking clinical trials? How does that translate to the FDA process? Would Histogen be able to sell in the US if they complete the development in Japan?

I though I heard Gail say that they were going to do the final clinical trials in Japan. Replicel only has a partner in Japan.

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

But the question becomes : How do they benefit from Japan's new fast-tracking clinical trials? How does that translate to the FDA process? Would Histogen be able to sell in the US if they complete the development in Japan?
                  NO. This has been discussed a number of times. Any trials happening for any biotech must be done in accordance with FDA regulations for FDA approvals, thus a US commercial release. Having said that, screw USA. We don't need the FDA's approval if we can get a much faster release of a medical treatment in Japan. Even if it got approved in USA, it wouldnt happen for years after. Don't have any faith in the FDA, they don't give a crap about you, your health or your hair loss. They're not in the business of helping people... if it were the case, things would be very different.

I though I heard Gail say that they were going to do the final clinical trials in Japan. Replicel only has a partner in Japan.
                  That they are, but they have nothing to do with Replicel. AFAIK, Histogen has always been doing trials in Asia for a faster release seeing how USA is a joke. Good on them, they'll have my money much faster than if they were to chase a pipedream of releasing a treatment in USA.

Comment

• Haircure
                    • May 2014

From what I remember from the recent video, histogen is looking for partners in Japan but doesn't have any.

As for Replicel, having a partner in Shesiedo from Japan simply means that Shiesido controls the Asian and Japanese market and can license it to those areas. They can also release it earlier due to new clinical trial regulations, but that doesn't mean that treatment would be available anywhere else except those Asian countries. Replicel on the other hand has to deal with FDA in order to release it in U.S.

Comment

• Kiwi
                      • Mar 2011

How do they benefit?

There are millions of balding people in Japan. Who cares about suckers in the USA. America has the FDA system and government they voted into power... and now Americans have to wait while Asia gets it first.

Histogen is going to beat Replicel to market because they are about to begin final testing and Replicel still have more rounds of testing to go to even get to where Histogen are at.

Hope that helps. Naturally you'll be able to travel to Japan and get your Histogen from there. So it's not such a worry

Comment

• Scientalk56
                        • Nov 2012

Histogen Final phase in japan means an early release of their product in Asia, But they would still need to conduct phase 3 to get FDA approval..
                        The question is, what did they mean by "Final phase".. Phase IIb only or Phase IIb/III..
                        Early release of their product i guess equals earning Millions if not Billions...

Btw, Histogen do need partners, but they will conduct their final phase anyway with or without partners, they already finished two phases with no partners..

Comment

• Gjm127
                          • Mar 2012

thanks for the answers guys, I'm just wondering why no one asked them when they think they'll release the product and what the final phase means....
                          travelling to japan every 6 weeks is going to be pretty expensive guys....

Comment

• Scientalk56
                            • Nov 2012

thanks for the answers guys, I'm just wondering why no one asked them when they think they'll release the product and what the final phase means....
                            travelling to japan every 6 weeks is going to be pretty expensive guys....
                            I asked them, no response...

Comment

• JimmyHairte
                              • Apr 2014

I applied for the Replicel trials in Germany earlier today. Not sure what the chances are. Let's hope for the best, although I'm not too optimistic.

I will keep you posted though.

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by JimmyHairte
                                I applied for the Replicel trials in Germany earlier today. Not sure what the chances are. Let's hope for the best, although I'm not too optimistic.

I will keep you posted though.
                                Not a chance, you can bet both your testicles that the signups for the trials are complete as they're moving along with Phase II within a few months. Sorry dude.

Comment

Working...