adipose-derived stem cell protein extract

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robodoc
    • Aug 2009

If CRP works I have seen no evidence. Perhaps some minor improvement in some but my unresearched guess it does little for regrowth in most situations, ie, HT.

Comment

• robodoc
      • Aug 2009

Show me.....I believe the results PRC are not worth the cost...any long term use results from anyone? I have seen none.

Comment

• robodoc
        • Aug 2009

We, they are getting closer. Again, there is NOT any one treatment that produces consistent and significant results, no question about that. It is the kitchen sink theory, IMHO, use everything until we get the homerun treatment.

My unsubstantiated opinion: Finasteride, Minoxidil, APPE, CRP, Nizoral, RU, needling and perhaps Caffeine which I hear no mention of as a growth stimulator. Caffeine is in several shampoos, is absorbed well, and hair thickener products have it or make your own solution. Good health too. I think we are close but not sure Cotsorellis (excuse the spelling) will bring it home.

Comment

• bornthisway
          • May 2013

I came across a thread at *** which claimed fat loss in the scalp occurs in men with AGA (due to inflammation/DHT). Fat cells are needed for hair growth. So reintroducing those growth factors with something like AAPE may explain the results from the study. Can anyone find evidence of scalp fat depletion in men with AGA?

Btw, there's also a doctor in Chicago that injects the patients own fat with PRP.

Fat cells in the skin have been identified as the source of chemicals needed to make hair grow, according to researchers in the US.
          Fat cells in the skin have been identified as the source of chemicals needed to make hair grow, US researchers say.

From *** thread:
          "So hair loss has also been linked to fat loss in scalp, that's why people tend to thin in front where scalp is thinner. It is the layer beneath your skin which is made of fats that the hair grows from, fats produce growth factors which tell your stem cells to grow hair. He suggested massaging crude oil and Vaseline, which are made up of different carbon based fats that could be absorbed by your fat layers and thicken it and cause it to grow hair."

Comment

• robodoc
            • Aug 2009

You make the ultimate point, everyone would know if this AAPE worked as well as some claim.

Comment

• robodoc
              • Aug 2009

That may be true but research papers from esteemed Universities and the others have been know to contain false data. You see, the researchers like to research and if they can get funding and predicted results from a study they can make a living and study more. That is how it works sadly, it is about the bucks. In my business, a Harvard study does not mean more than one from any other university.

Comment

• robodoc
                • Aug 2009

2.54cm = 1 inch so maybe millimeters (mm). Intradermal is what you want.

Comment

• stratowich
                  • May 2015

That may be true but research papers from esteemed Universities and the others have been know to contain false data. You see, the researchers like to research and if they can get funding and predicted results from a study they can make a living and study more. That is how it works sadly, it is about the bucks. In my business, a Harvard study does not mean more than one from any other university.
                  Very well phrased! Thank you for pointing this out on here!!

Comment

• nameless
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by robodoc
                    You make the ultimate point, everyone would know if this AAPE worked as well as some claim.
                    give me a break!

AAPE = growth factors and proteins found in adipose derived stem cells. AAPE is not produced in a lab; rather it's a substance extracted from the human body the same as blood is extracted from the human body. Even the people who make AAPE (Prostemics) can't stop other companies/researchers/doctors from extracting adipose derived stem cells from the human body, harvesting the growth factors from those cells, and making their own AAPE-like treatment. The act of extracting human adipose derived stem cells, harvesting the growth factors, and re-injecting those growth factors can not be patented. This is why AAPE is not a big deal and it's why no major company is trying to move it forward in regular FDA clinical trials.

This is why you are not hearing a lot of big noise about AAPE.

Comment

• robodoc
                      • Aug 2009

Just be careful with Prostemics....you might not get what you pay for. Will follow up on this very soon

Comment

• Vic
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Sogeking
                        There definitely might be something here. However when and where could one even consider getting AAPE treatment. No one is offering it...
                        I came across a clinic in San Diego CA. offering this treatment. Each session cost $2500 and that was their discount rate because they were just starting and running trials.

Comment

• nofintowin
                          • Apr 2015

$2,500 per AAPE treatment? That's ridiculous lol. The 6 vials, which last for 6 sessions, cost $500. And the only other cost is the injection used (standard injection), which costs what, $0.50? Doctor should maybe add in a nominal charge for his time and the cost of the vials, but that's it. Procedure takes 15-20 mins, tops.

Comment

Working...