I did it, "just shave it off"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artista
    • Apr 2010

Tommy E,, I am GLAD to see you back on here.

How are you doing lately? A shaved head is a GOOD alternative. It is just a matter of internal ACCEPTANCE and IGNORING what others may or may not think.
    Also can you tell us,,had you actually tried using Finasteride?
    I ask because I can tell you from my personal experience thus far that it DOES work to rejuvenate the hair not yet completely diminished. Ive been on it for almost 8 months now.
    There are medical studies showing positive results do happen at varying degrees per each individual.
    Personally speaking, Im very glad to have begun using it.

The most important thing though Tommy is for you not to lose faith in the future.
    Hang in there with us..the times will change -especially for a YOUNG person like you! Cheers..

Comment

• Jasari
      • May 2011

Originally posted by fred970
      You're right, if it really deeply affects your life, you should do something.

I'm waiting because I still look good even if I'm sporting a NW5. Not everybody has this chance. Of course there is a chance I will not be able to take it at a point, but the thing is, I have that back-up plan all figured out. Only a call to my FUE surgeon to schedule the HT and it's done.

Every hair loss sufferers should make those plans, because even if you don't pull the trigger, it can make you feel a lot better about the future, just by knowing that something can always be done.
      Its true, knowing its there is a big safety net. Having had a fue procedure myself & shaving my head the scarring was virtually invisible to the naked eye - Now even though I hated it, SMP amongst natural hair shaved looks 100% natural and nobody would ever think your balding. It's another great option, and its just at this point in my life 'the shaved head look' just doesnt suit my personality.

I've got an FUT scar now, but I've come to realise with SMP & BHT into scars todays FUT scar looks nothing more than a scratch & with a number 1\2 is virtually invisible.

I've had a few posts that are abit of a ramble recently (In my hotel w/nothing to do) but i guess the too long didn't read takeaway for anyone feeling hopeless is that despite no cure being available there is options.

High yield FUT, Virtually scarless natural FUE, In some cases an extra 4000 grafts from.beard/body hair (Which does in fact look natural mixed with existing hair), Now with up to 6000 + fue grafts available and 4000+ body hair grafts combined with SMP we can all at least have near enough a dense looking norwood 2 buzzcut.

Add the fact that future treatments (At least in actual maintenance) seem just around the corner, we are actually pretty fortunate to have been born during the only period on mankinds history where hair loss can be given the illusion of a full head of hair & potentially cured in the next 10 years.

Comment

• Vox
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
        The thing is, most of us aren't going to look good or even normal with a shaved head. How the hell do we move on with our lives with a shaved head when we are constantly reminded how sick or hideous we look?
        You talk apparently about balding guys with still a lot of hair left. For guys that have already advanced baldness (NW5+), shaving it down is the only viable option today. I am in the NW7 stage and I cut the hair that remains on my head down to 2 mm once a week. On the other hand, a friend of mine is NW6 and he prefers to leave his hair at 5-6 cm. Should I explain how "good" it looks at that length, especially with wind outside, and what comments he receives now and then?

Comment

• Cob984
          • Sep 2012

and what is the use of H. transplants for people who cannot tolerate fin or minox?
          not to mention screwed up density if you are going to try to cover the entire top region

Comment

• fred970
            • Nov 2009

Minoxidil and finasteride are not mandatory before a hair transplant.

And seriously, if not allergic, who would not "tolerate" minoxidil?

I prefer "screwed up" density to a shiny chrome dome. Everyone has their preferences though.

Comment

• Cob984
              • Sep 2012

how is it not mandatory, if you are destined to settle into nw5 genetically then what? where you gona get the drafts from to pack your entire head?

I feel dizzy, get bad headache, some heart palpitations and horrible dark circles on minox
              so yes cant tolerate

Comment

• fred970
                • Nov 2009

No one's ever said the point of a hair transplant is to cover everything, higher NW's often leave the crown untouched. But you must be one of those people that will not accept less that a high density and a teenage hair line.

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by fred970
                  No one's ever said the point of a hair transplant is to cover everything, higher NW's often leave the crown untouched. But you must be one of those people that will not accept less that a high density and a teenage hair line.
                  Theres nothing wrong with not accepting mediocrity. Him wanting a teenage hairline is legit (albeit looks a little weird on most older men).

Pharmaceuticals and biotechs need to be under the impression that we want a product that works 100% or they can piss off. Nobody wants another lousy product like rogaine or propecia where results are marginal at best.

Comment

• Cob984
                    • Sep 2012

Except im not old, im 26, i have good hair right now, im not transitioning into transplanted junk, im transitioning into good hair system hair,

Screw real or not, only aesthetics will suffice

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Cob984
                      Except im not old, im 26, i have good hair right now, im not transitioning into transplanted junk, im transitioning into good hair system hair,

Screw real or not, only aesthetics will suffice
                      You got 4 more years until your officially branded OLD. 30 years of age and your over the hill. These are your last years. Your baldness is going to continue as well... so youre going to be older and balder.

Comment

• Cob984
                        • Sep 2012

Im well aware, thats why im tired of dealing with these stupid side affects to save my follicles for some treatment thats been '5yrs coming' for the last millenium,

**** that im done with this trash, im not going to win this battle, i accept defeat and am going to move on i.e. system,

Comment

• Jrw651
                          • Feb 2013

I bit the bullet last summer around the beginning of June and shaved my head... Had already discontinued minox and fin and it caused severe shedding which made me an easy NW3 with no hair around the temples...

I'll just say, I regretted every second I shaved my head over that summer for those 3 months...I'm a pasty white guy and the shaved head typically doesn't work with pasty/pale complexions...

Comment

• Cob984
                            • Sep 2012

yes i know i cannot be bald , this i know for a fact, no ****ing way,

did you have sides on the meds too? i am an incredible responder both in sides and hair benefits lol, double edged sword, sucks

Comment

• Jcm800
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jrw651
                              I bit the bullet last summer around the beginning of June and shaved my head... Had already discontinued minox and fin and it caused severe shedding which made me an easy NW3 with no hair around the temples...

I'll just say, I regretted every second I shaved my head over that summer for those 3 months...I'm a pasty white guy and the shaved head typically doesn't work with pasty/pale complexions...
                              That's a giant step. Congrats. Couldn't you catch some sun tho, get a tan? Surely that'd help , being less pasty could improve thing's?

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by Jcm800
                                That's a giant step. Congrats. Couldn't you catch some sun tho, get a tan? Surely that'd help , being less pasty could improve thing's?
                                In winter? He'd have to go to a skin cancer inducing tanning salon.

Comment

Working...