Sm04554

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdsurfin
    • Sep 2013

Well these are the recent patents filed by samumed. And if you read it it talks about hair loss. If sm is different then it has not been filed for patent. I tried looking up the specific drug name and found nothing.

Comment

• charlie76761
      • Oct 2014

Good man although read my post earlier - one of the lead chemist at Samumed in the Wnt area has registered about 10 odd patents on Wnt in the last year or two and most hair loss. We need to know the exact one - as you say wnt is complex and potentially w collateral consequence

We need a professional biological chemist to help us out here. This compound and company interest me as unlike most others, they're not singing from the rooftops about small sample results - they seem very quietly confident not to mention only testing on nw7 to 4 - could be a powerful

Comment

• KO1
        • Jan 2012

Has anybody tried to get into their clinical trial? THey are still recruiting apparently. Typically they require that you do not take fin and minox etc.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

I would have tried but you have to be at least a nw4.

Comment

• Swooping
            • May 2014

Any updates from actual participants in this trial? Would be great!

Comment

• rdawg
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Swooping
              Any updates from actual participants in this trial? Would be great!
              problem here is 66% of the people in the trial will receive either placebo or minoxidil i believe, so some people here may not be getting results but that could be due to not actually getting the product!

Comment

• Swooping
                • May 2014

Originally posted by rdawg
                problem here is 66% of the people in the trial will receive either placebo or minoxidil i believe, so some people here may not be getting results but that could be due to not actually getting the product!
                Damn good point. So even if they would get growth it could potentially be from the minoxidil... Hope they release the results asap when the trial is done then!

Comment

• KO1
                  • Jan 2012

Men who do not take finasteride, we need you!!!

Comment

• thinning44
                    • Jul 2014

Unless I am missing something, I don't see finasteride as part of the trial. In fact, anyone who has used in the 24 weeks prior to the trial is excluded.

One of the exclusion criteria:
                    Use of any products or devices purported to promote scalp hair growth (e.g., finasteride or minoxidil) within the 24 weeks prior to study start
                    See the trial details below:

Comment

• KO1
                      • Jan 2012

Yes, that is what I'm saying, fin users can't join. Otherwise I would. Couldn't do the aderans trial for same reason despite living down the street from their trial location.

Comment

• thinning44
                        • Jul 2014

Sorry, my response more for rdawg and swooping's point about results possibly being confounded by minoxidil. The way I read the trial I don't see that possibility.

Comment

• kantian
                          • Jul 2014

I can't find any information on SM and its effectiveness/safety. If somebody can point me to legitimate information, that'd be great.

I tried to join the clinical trial in Lynchburg, VA, but was shot down because I'm only Norwood 3. They are taking only Norwood 4 - 5 which tells me that SM is potentially very powerful.

Here is the link to the clinical trial. Maybe some of you can actually attend: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02275351

Comment

• KO1
                            • Jan 2012

^I think they are looking for crown baldness?

Comment

• kantian
                              • Jul 2014

I do have crown baldness. It's just not enough crown baldness for them.

Comment

• KO1
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by kantian
                                I do have crown baldness. It's just not enough crown baldness for them.
                                damn dude, did they physically see your hair? Have any NW4-5 friends?

Comment

Working...