Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Efficiency of creating IPS cells from 1 to 100%

And more good news for Team Tokyo. A group of researchers not only sped up the process of creating IPS cells 4x, but also increased efficiency from 1% to 100%. Great news indeed. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0918132440.htm
  • Thinning87
    • Dec 2012

Go Japan!

Comment

• noisette
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
      And more good news for Team Tokyo. A group of researchers not only sped up the process of creating IPS cells 4x, but also increased efficiency from 1% to 100%. Great news indeed. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0918132440.htm
      Thank you for the good news ! many thanks from France

The lab in question : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X18DuoV0l1k

Comment

• Desmond84
        • Oct 2012

Wow Arashi! This is one of the MAJOR hurdles out of the way! We are so much closer than I anticipated

Next on the agenda is to make sure that these cells have the same telomere length as embryonic cells! If so, ladies and gentleman we need to test these in a more risky condition such as liver disease, wait a few years for safety to be proven and Tsuji lab should get the green light to go ahead with their first in man trials!

We are close...I can smell it

Comment

• Desmond84
          • Oct 2012

Here's a recap of the final part of the interview with Dr Tsuji in May 2012 regarding what's holding them back:

“There is a need for a number of improvements, including magnification techniques for stem cells, before the method is applied to a large surface as in humans,” Dr. Tsuji says. “We are looking at some 10 years from now.”

I don't even think Dr Tsuji was expecting such a major breakthrough within one year of their results!

This will snowball into major medical breakthroughs and trials over the next few years

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Haha if BTT were a person, they would most certainly be bipolar.

Good news, though.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
              Haha if BTT were a person, they would most certainly be bipolar.

Good news, though.
              Baldness will do that to you

Comment

• TravisB
                • May 2012

Originally posted by Desmond84
                “There is a need for a number of improvements, including magnification techniques for stem cells, before the method is applied to a large surface as in humans,” Dr. Tsuji says. “We are looking at some 10 years from now.”
                10 YEARS?

That's WAY too long

However, if in 10 years I will be able to regain all my hair for a reasonable price, I'll still gladly take it

Comment

• Pentarou
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by TravisB
                  10 YEARS?

That's WAY too long

However, if in 10 years I will be able to regain all my hair for a reasonable price, I'll still gladly take it
                  Read Desmond's post again.

Comment

• Arashi
                    • Aug 2012

Also keep in mind that the first ever human clinical trial with IPS cells has recently started and is now recruiting. Also in Japan of course, which seems to have taken the world leading position regarding stem cells. http://www.rikenresearch.riken.jp/eng/roundup/7499.html
                    You can bet Team Tokyo is keeping a close eye on all these developments. In fact, since all regulatory hurdles in Japan have been cleared, I'm hoping they're going to start their own trails within 18 months (like they planned)

Comment

• mari0s
                      • Jul 2013

but why do you relate so much in ips cells? Tsuji and other have proved that they don't need ips stem cell and can do neogenesis even with the right interation of mesenchymal DP cells and epitelial cells. Sitting around and wait 5 years just only to see the safety of first human IPS trial, should be a waist of time.

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mari0s
                        but why do you relate so much in ips cells? Tsuji and other have proved that they don't need ips stem cell and can do neogenesis even with the right interation of mesenchymal DP cells and epitelial cells. Sitting around and wait 5 years just only to see the safety of first human IPS trial, should be a waist of time.
                        Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the whole idea is to to manufacture these Mesenchymal stem cell from skin cells ? If a skin biopsy can be used and quickly turned into Mesenchymal stem cell and Epithelial stem cells, then we're good to go, right ?I thought that was the whole idea of their procedure. http://www.tsuji-lab.com/en/research...eneration.html

Comment

• HairBane
                          • Apr 2013

Could someone briefly explain, are Team Tokyo working on an injectable treatment?

Comment

• Arashi
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by HairBane
                            Could someone briefly explain, are Team Tokyo working on an injectable treatment?
                            The whole idea is they biogenerate hair follicles in the lab, created from 'hair germ' which in turn is created from epithelial stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells. Then they transplant the generated cells onto the scalp, probably with an injection indeed.

Read more: http://stemcelltherapyreviewjournal....-for-baldness/

Comment

• HairBane
                              • Apr 2013

The whole idea is they biogenerate hair follicles in the lab, created from 'hair germ' which in turn is created from epithelial stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells. Then they transplant the generated cells onto the scalp, probably with an injection indeed.

Read more: http://stemcelltherapyreviewjournal....-for-baldness/
                              Sounds good, a unique approach? Thanks brother

Comment

Working...