X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravisB
    • May 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
    Worse than your negativity is you spreading misinformation:

Notice that according to Follica's backing, they are about HALF WAY through human clinical trials.
    Wow, this Puretech site is very good news indeed! I haven't seen it before.

So this basically confirms Follica are halfway through human trials (so they probably passed phase IIa).

But as far as I know they were injecting lithium since beginning of the trials, and they came up with injecting FGF-9 only recently.

So what we don't know is if they will continue the trials with FGF9 from Phase IIb, or will they have to start them from Phase I again?

Here, I found that FGF9 was only involved in preclinical trials so far. That's not the good news I think...

Creativity can be learned, and everyone can develop good copy. One Led Inc's Lead Copywriter Brianne Dromey showed us a complete framework on how to ace the process and write unique headlines.

[An earlier version of this story indicated that Follica used that protein, Fgf9, in its clinical trial. Olle later clarified that the protein, Fgf9, has only been involved in Follica's preclinical work so far].

Comment

• Artha
      • Jun 2013

Yeah and Puretech seem legit!

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

My feelings tell me Follica have just finished phase IIA and are currently looking at going into Phase IIb/IIIa which have not started yet, so technically they are not conducting trials at the moment... I think Phase IIb/IIIa will start early - mid 2014.

Comment

• KJ1982
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by UK_
          My feelings tell me Follica have just finished phase IIA and are currently looking at going into Phase IIb/IIIa which have not started yet, so technically they are not conducting trials at the moment... I think Phase IIb/IIIa will start early - mid 2014.
          That sounds about right and, so far as I'm concerned, would make the most sense; I can't remember where exactly I've seen or heard it, but I'm sure that a couple of sources close to those doing the research have said that they'd like to release in Asian territories in 2015 if possible.

If Phase IIb starts in 2014 then it's possible that such a projected date may be achievable.

Comment

• SOTF
            • Jul 2013

I haven't looked into Follica in a while. Where are people getting this information from that they are in trials WITH Fgf9? When that xeconomy article came out people on this forum misinterpreted it as claiming they have regrown human hair with it IN trials already when the only trials they had undergone was wounding WITH LITHIUM.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by KJ1982
              That sounds about right and, so far as I'm concerned, would make the most sense; I can't remember where exactly I've seen or heard it, but I'm sure that a couple of sources close to those doing the research have said that they'd like to release in Asian territories in 2015 if possible.

If Phase IIb starts in 2014 then it's possible that such a projected date may be achievable.
              That's histogen and replicel aiming for an Asia release, not Follica.

Comment

• KJ1982
                • Dec 2012

That's histogen and replicel aiming for an Asia release, not Follica.
                Ah, yes, of course. My mistake.

Still, here's hoping!

Comment

• greatjob!
                  • Aug 2011

There definitely will be a transitional period of time before proper treatments are widely accepted. But, I, and I'm sure you yourself will feel somewhat similar, would rather be first in line than have the rest of the world benefit from it. Obviously guys on the forums have been more progressive in finding treatments and we'll be the first to know. I hope all of us on the forums are amongst the first to get cured. I really don't want to any more time on these damn forums.
                  Oh yeah I was just speculating on the revenue figures you were posting, as I'm sure the general pubic will be behind the curve when a cure comes out. But I really could give a shit less because all of us in the forum communities will be first in line, and as selfish as it sounds I'll get my hair back and I could careless about anyone else or the company making money, F-it I just want hair!!

And I really would love to never spend one minute on this or any other hair loss forum!

Comment

• moore
                    • Jun 2012

What is the percentage of men that actually do something about their hair loss? I know its a rather small number, but the 10 billion dollar mark could be even higher IF there was a legitimate treatment as more men/women would be willing to actually spend the money for it, as a vast majority dont.

Lets do some math!

There are 7 billion people in the world, half of which are male. 50% of the worlds population was under 30 years of in 2012. So, we have 1.75 billion men in the world over the age of 30. Let's assume about 50% of the 1.75B men are balding, thus: 875 million. (25-33% of men are balding before 30 years of age, and up to around 66% by around age 50). But now we need to know how many men are actually seeking hair loss treatments. In China its around 47%. Let's go with that figure seeing how china's population trumps everything else. So now we have about 437 million men worldwide battling hair loss, roughly. Lets be generous and bring it down to around HALF of that; 220 million.

Now, this isn't even taking into account women or men under 30 years of age (which is a gigantic number in its own right).

Follica needs to hurry the hell up, those many hundreds of millions of people seeking treatments will have to be divided with Histogen and Replicel and if Pilofocus/Dr. Nigams hair doubling do in fact give regeneration, Follica is going to get an even smaller piece of the pie.

They're wasting precious time.
                    @hellouser, I really like you math approach.
                    I really do, your every post seems quite reasonable.

I just have one question for you, and I want to ask it to you from a novice point of view.
                    I haven't been around here as you did, so..respect to who knows more than me.

Let's take minoxidil and finasteride, the only two FDA approved substances.
                    Correct the following sentence if it is wrong:
                    "They were found to be effective against MPB by pure chance"

Let's say companies like Follica are working on a cure.

From my perspective there is an "edge" here.
                    The more effort is put to find a cure to MPB which is DIRECTED TOWARD IT, with associated costs, the bigger is the TOTAL RISK* to fail in the human trials (be it phase I, II, does not matter now).

*TOTAL RISK = losing every single dollar you invested in it.

What do you think about that?

Ps Yes, you could answer me, "one day or another, somebody will succeed".

Comment

• mnhair
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by moore

I just have one question for you, and I want to ask it to you from a novice point of view.

The more effort is put to find a cure to MPB which is DIRECTED TOWARD IT, with associated costs, the bigger is the TOTAL RISK* to fail in the human trials (be it phase I, II, does not matter now).

Astressin-B would found out by chance (full hair regrowth on mice), and yet there's been no progress on that.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by moore

Well, it will happen some day. It better happen within a few years. I'll be right pissed if it doesn't. However, when and how is pure speculation, but since we're putting our hopes on Follica, it may be within a few years and we have a general idea of how it will be administered due to the publicly released patents.

The risk of them losing money now is near zero... but thats IF the hair that they claimed to be able to create with neogenesis is actually terminal hair. Spencer Kobren and Joe From Staten Island both commented and confirmed that Follica did successfully grow new hair from neogenesis in human clinical trials and are now in Phase IIb trials. But thats as much info as we know. So if its terminal hair... we can basically say 'case closed' and wait until Follica is given the green light and put snake oil salesman out of business and bury them into such a deep hole they'll never know the meaning of light... as they should.

But, I think they do have the cure. Why? Well, we saw from the barbecue head guy grew terminal hair after wounding, laser tattoo removal grew new hair, the hairy hand case and the kid with his arm that grew hair all over. All of the cases exhibited terminal hairs. So, Follica is perfecting this method and I'm fairly certain they've got it figured out.

I'm still hoping/pushing that we try to get around their procedure ourselves somehow... still believe injections or some kind of application of FGF-9 after wounding may get us there. So far, noone has been brave enough to try it. FGF-9 is available at 5mcg for $50.

Comment

• Pentarou
                          • Apr 2013

So if its terminal hair... we can basically say 'case closed' and wait until Follica is given the green light and put snake oil salesman out of business and bury them into such a deep hole they'll never know the meaning of light... as they should.
                          I'd so like to see Follica suceed if only because it'd mean an instant end to all the worthless black market "experimental" treatments, e.g. BNP-32, TB4, whatever is being pushed at the time, far too many to list!

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
                            I'd so like to see Follica suceed if only because it'd mean an instead end to all the black market "experimental" treatments that go nowhere, e.g. BNP-32, TB4, too many to list!
                            BNP-32 was never sold though, it was purely experimental.

Comment

• locke999
                              • Jul 2013

When did Spencer confirm that Follica was in phase 2B? Follica website's indicate that they are still working on 2A.

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by locke999
                                When did Spencer confirm that Follica was in phase 2B? Follica website's indicate that they are still working on 2A.
                                My bad, its so hard to keep up with all the news. Yes, they're in IIa

To my knowledge, Follica is in Phase IIa studies;

This week on The Bald Truth: Joe from Staten Island castigates the hair loss forums. Joe also gives some hair loss news. Jotronic calls to give us some thoug...

Go to the 20:00 minute mark and Joe From Staten Island says:

'Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in history, Follica is in Phase IIa studies. They have performed follicular neogenesis on human beings. My god.'

Spencer Kobren confirms this. Listen to the rest of the bit as well.

So it clearly passed safety. Now its efficacy, although with all the dermarolling/wounding research so many members have been doing, we may not even need Follica's treatment.

Comment

Working...