Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesperateOne
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Conpecia
    just had my 3rd session. gotta man up indeed, shit doesn't feel particularly pleasant.

also finally got minox liquid in, gonna jump from foam to liquid for better absorption (although i'm still not applying until 24 hrs after rolling, in line with the study).

was definitely bleeding this time, made sure to go all the way in and all around the hairline. i'm hoping i'll get results from my regimen, can't think of any stronger hairloss regimen right now, and it's nice having dermarolling as the least proven method in my arsenal...
    Yeah, that shit is no fun, I just want to quit halfway most of the time.
    When do you plan to post pictures?

Comment

• luca10
      • May 2013

I think I see regeneration

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
        • Mar 2013

could you please take some pics and give us some info
        thank you
        -john
        Originally posted by luca10
        I think I see regeneration

Comment

• HARIRI
          • Nov 2012

I'm using the 0.5mm once a week and find it painful while you guys are using 1.5mm!!! I tolarated a strip procedure and a chest BHT into scar surgery but NOT this. I guess Im a P***y when it comes to dermarolling lol

Comment

• thinningTooSoon
            • Aug 2013

I started on Sunday am using 1.5mm roller, painful but lets hope it's worth it, I have taken pictures and will upload if I get improvements to show you all.

Quick question, how often do you wash your hair? I ask because I am wondering if the scabbing over is part of the wound healing process and would washing the hair interrupt this process?

Comment

• doke
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DesperateOne
              Doke I have seen you troll around in this forum plenty. You seem to have a problem with certain people including Tracy. Something tells me you are working for Merk and you want propecia to stay active, who knows maybe you're Joe from Staten Island and you want to keep the cure for yourself.
              nope get angry with some who think they own the forum and there own threads but as many may know me at other forums im no troll and as for propecia i do not indorse it as i use avodart due to my health.
              I have said it maybe best for younger guys to start with propecia combined with minox but thats what every hair loss adviser with any inteligence says at this time and i agree with them although we know some are trialing bimatoprost as it may work better than minox but its too pricey if you want to use 1ml a day.

Comment

• Hicks
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by thinningTooSoon
                Quick question, how often do you wash your hair? I ask because I am wondering if the scabbing over is part of the wound healing process and would washing the hair interrupt this process?
                I shower and shampoo then derma roller. After dermaroll I rinse my hair with water, let hair dry and use warm liquid coconut oil.

I wash my hair everyday and use a conditioner. I use nizoral 1% 3 times a week. mon wed fri

Hope this helps. Everyones body will react differnt. Listen to your body.

I am using Bio-oil on some days after I apply liquad minoxal.

Comment

• NotDyingBald
                  • Jun 2011

Since Nizoral is used for skin infections in scalp, would it be good idea to use it in the day we dermaroll as a way to prevent some infection caused by it? Would this affect somehow the replication of the study? I mean same way as some of us use dettol to clean the dermaroller, we could use nizoral to "clean" the scalp?

Edit: I mean using Nizoral in the shower before dermarolling

Comment

• clandestine
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by NotDyingBald
                    Since Nizoral is used for skin infections in scalp, would it be good idea to use it in the day we dermaroll as a way to prevent some infection caused by it? Would this affect somehow the replication of the study? I mean same way as some of us use dettol to clean the dermaroller, we could use nizoral to "clean" the scalp?

Saline, betadine and a clean derma roller, as per the study.

Comment

• Conpecia
                      • Sep 2011

after you guys roll what do you do? i shower off because there is some blood on my scalp but i don't apply anything, should i do so?

head is sore today from rolling yesterday. will apply minox liquid tonight thoroughly.

Comment

• Conpecia
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DesperateOne
                        Yeah, that shit is no fun, I just want to quit halfway most of the time.
                        When do you plan to post pictures?
                        hey desperate, i'm going to post pics after about 12 weeks unless i see some serious regrowth earlier.

remember, i'm also on dutasteride and regenepure, so i'm sure that stuff will help me but it may skew my dermarolling results. if i happen to get regrowth in the hairline i'll attribute more of that to rolling, but crown should be filled in by dutasteride and regenepure i think.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by doke
                          nope get angry with some who think they own the forum and there own threads but as many may know me at other forums im no troll and as for propecia i do not indorse it as i use avodart due to my health.
                          I have said it maybe best for younger guys to start with propecia combined with minox but thats what every hair loss adviser with any inteligence says at this time and i agree with them although we know some are trialing bimatoprost as it may work better than minox but its too pricey if you want to use 1ml a day.
                          Haha, I was just messing with you, nothing serious.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by thinningTooSoon
                            I started on Sunday am using 1.5mm roller, painful but lets hope it's worth it, I have taken pictures and will upload if I get improvements to show you all.

You and everyone should post their pictures and results regardless of regrowth. We need info good or bad in order to perfect the technique. Since my hair was essentially shit, I now shower every other day, so I won't lose that many hairs in the shower. However, that is a good point, I don't know if that helped me or hurt me in any way.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by NotDyingBald

I use it that way, nizoral once a day, the day of the rolling before I roll.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                                Doctor Representative
                                • Aug 2012

An article on the general non-hair related benefits of micro needling.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                                Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...