Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Axel
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by the_dude78
    The patients in the study had their head shaved before the treatment began, is it just me, or did their hair grow a lot in only 12 weeks? And a 40 % increase in hair count, well, it does sound a little too good to be true. I'm becoming more and more skeptical, but I just can't figure out what they would gain from faking a study like this. It is too easy to replicate and debunk so it couldn't possibly help their career in any way.
    Spot on. There's no way you can grow all that hair in 12 weeks.

My conclusion is that they took those pics in a follow-up visit... If you read the paper it seems they had at least one, 8 months post treatment, where patients reported "sustainable growth"..

Now the question is: were the patients dermarolling and using minox during those 8 months? Thats the interesting question here... We should ask the researchers.

PS: everybody should read the study before asking dumb questions. And also read this thread from the start!

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Axel
      Spot on. There's no way you can grow all that hair in 12 weeks.
      Actually, you can.

3 months time is plenty, hair grows about 10-15cm per year, so about 6 inches. In the photos presented they grews about 1-2 inches, right in line with normal hair growth.

Comment

• the_dude78
        • May 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
        Actually, you can.

3 months time is plenty, hair grows about 10-15cm per year, so about 6 inches. In the photos presented they grews about 1-2 inches, right in line with normal hair growth.
        I suppose minox will speed up the growth as well, you might be right. I really want to believe this, it goes for all of us of course, but these results are so much better than what we have seen from all the big companies that spend millions and millions of dollars on a cure or treatment. How crazy would it be if this really works? I mean, for a guy with a little thinning this could potentially give him a full head of hair. Well, we will see soon enough, no need for all the speculations, I guess.

Comment

• bigentries
          • Dec 2011

The pictures are after 12 weeks, probably before they were shaved again to count the hairs

The only picture that looks suspicious is the top pic in the dermaroller group. Remember that is a 12 week growth after shaving the scalp. My hair definitely doesn't grow that long in just 3 months

And they don't describe how they used the dermaroller after hair started to grow again, were they still applying betadine?

Comment

• the_dude78
            • May 2011

The study doesn't mention anything about shedding, but I guess in order to get results like that, shedding must go down. Hopefully some of you guys who have already started, can report about this in a few weeks.

Comment

• KeepHoping
              • Dec 2010

Anyone using a topical anesthetic with rolling?

Comment

• DesperateOne
                • Jul 2013

Question

So I read a lot of the thread, and it seems that we might be on to something here. Now I also read the study but what I want to know is this. If we use the roller once a week, and then the next day we use rogain, should we use rogain normally the rest of the week? That is to say:

Monday: Roller and maybe some oils
                Tues-Sun: Use Roagain or Minox twice a day like you normally use it.

I saw that video where the doctor is passing the Dermaroller over a guy who is on a chair here on this thread somewhere. So that is the roller that I order, I actually ordered two because I will be using the other for my stretch marks and some other skin issues.

All I can say is we have to give this a try, some of us are so miserable. It doesn't matter how you take action, but you must do it. If you want to have more time to spend with your family, more money to spend on them, and a more relaxing lifestyle, then you need to take action. You need to change your life for the better.

This the roller I got, very cheap too. If it's good enough for the Hair doctor in the video, it's good enough for me.
                Derma Roller: http://amzn.to/175RbGD

I will be using a mixture of Minoxidil all %5
                Rogaine Foam: http://amzn.to/18aKeVP
                Kirkland: http://amzn.to/1ccq8Ar
                Lipogaine: http://amzn.to/13GAVgB

Also a Shampoo that is often used in conjunction, I had been using nizoral but for some reason they ran out. so now I will be using renegepure, hope it's good.
                Regenepure: http://amzn.to/175RjG7

I also had been reading some posts of DIY PGD2 Inhibitor. So I found this article very interesting.

I will be trying that out as well with the dermaroller, however I will be using Quercetin found here
                Quercetin: http://amzn.to/13kcO3N
                I will also try to add some green tea and ginger as well, will make it more of a powerhouse, at least I hope so.

There is another thread in here that say one person had been using it successfully but he had his hair all yellow. Well since I will be shaving my head and will be wearing a hat, I guess I will just have to suck it up for 4 months. I will try to pass it through a filter and see if that takes some of the color out.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                  Actually, you can.

Thanks for starting this thread hellouser, I see you have been keeping a very close eye on this thread lol, you are responding every hour or so haha. Well I do hope this works and time will only tell, but 4 months seems worth it.

Comment

• chimera
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DesperateOne
                    Also a Shampoo that is often used in conjunction, I had been using nizoral but for some reason they ran out. so now I will be using renegepure, hope it's good.
                    Regenepure: http://amzn.to/175RjG7

I also had been reading some posts of DIY PGD2 Inhibitor. So I found this article very interesting.
                    Imidazole compounds (as ketoconazole), and almost all PGD2 "inhibitors" we know (most of them are not true PGD2 inhibitors, but cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors) have anti-inflamatory properties. If we dermaroll our scalps trying to wound or follicles, maybe an anti-inflammatory agent could interfere with the process.

Anyway, that's just an idea, no way to tell if is right or not.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by chimera
                      Imidazole compounds (as ketoconazole), and almost all PGD2 "inhibitors" we know (most of them are not true PGD2 inhibitors, but cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors) have anti-inflamatory properties. If we dermaroll our scalps trying to wound or follicles, maybe an anti-inflammatory agent could interfere with the process.

Anyway, that's just an idea, no way to tell if is right or not.
                      well chimera, that is an excellent point and it does make sense, we kinda do need the inflammation to take place in order for this to work. What I will do instead is I will use the derma roller and then one day before I have to use it again, I will apply the so-called(hopefully) PGD2 inhibitor. That way, the scalp is almost all healed and I might get the benefits of both.

So now I will do it like this.

Monday - Dermaroll and also my usual 1mg propecia
                      Tuesday - The usual twice a day Minoxidil dose, 1mg fin
                      Wed - "
                      Thrus- "
                      Friday - "
                      Saturday - "
                      Sunday - " + The concoction of so called PGD2 Inhibitor + Renegepure.

Then just loop it around for 4 months. Does anyone know of the true PGD2 inhibitors if they're using it every single day? I am talking about the ones being used in research labs.
                      Last edited by DesperateOne; 08-07-2013, 11:57 AM. Reason: Forgot to add renegepure

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

^I've got a sneaking suspicion that the skin at the thinning areas has SOMETHING to do with hair loss. Everywhere that I've got thick skin, theres a LOT more hair, but in areas where my skin is thin, I've either lost my hair (temples) or am thinning (very top plus area around temples). I'm going to see if EMU oil and scalp massage can increase skin thickness and bloodflow.

Comment

• GreyGhost1864
                          • Jul 2013

Had to chime in here on my theory. I think Cots new we were close and put us on the witch hunt about PDG2. Remember my theory early in this thread if the inflammation stays present I think healing cannot finish the cycle. I think with wounding the inflammation will eventually go away due to the body excepting the wound and go on its merry way. I think anti inflammatory AKA PDG2 blockers have only given us peach fuzz and mild regrowth. So hence without wounding then your own growth properties will not be activated to heal. Inflammation keeps on attacking so PDG2 may help but it would be counter productive with our experiment. I think wounding turns back the clock and doing it tells the body that the hair isn't a foreign invader because there is a wound...sorry to ramble at work and just had a few minutes to chime in...also I get tingling on my scalp day 4 and 5 after wounding. You guys get this feeling. Feels like something is truly happening....

Ghost

Comment

• chimera
                            • Aug 2012

well chimera, that is an excellent point and it does make sense
                            Well, I don't think that's really an excellent point, because I don't have any way to prove it. I just said what I think it could happen, but keep in mind that I may be completely wrong. There are indeed those who say that adding a PGD2 inhibitor would give you waaay better results, but we don't know if that's true neither.

Does anyone know of the true PGD2 inhibitors if they're using it every single day? I am talking about the ones being used in research labs.
                            If somebody knows better, please let me know, but, to my knowlodge, we still don't have any "true" PGD2 inhibitor. We do have cicloogenaxe inhibitors like indomethacin, diclofenac, ibuprofen (none of this proven yet to work), and we have CRHT2 antagonists like the OC and Ramatroban (we still don't really have definitive proof that any of these two work neither).

I don't know what do they use in lab, but everybody using some kind of "PGD2 inhibitor" is using at least one dose per day, at least. As most of these compounds have a not so long half life, I don't think using any of our "pgd2 inhibitors" once a week is enough.

Comment

• chimera
                              • Aug 2012

I really think that, as bigentries said earlier, first things first. And the first thing to do here should be to try to emulate the experiment as exactly as we can. We may experiment later.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by chimera
                                Well, I don't think that's really an excellent point, because I don't have any way to prove it. I just said what I think it could happen, but keep in mind that I may be completely wrong. There are indeed those who say that adding a PGD2 inhibitor would give you waaay better results, but we don't know if that's true neither.

If somebody knows better, please let me know, but, to my knowlodge, we still don't have any "true" PGD2 inhibitor. We do have cicloogenaxe inhibitors like indomethacin, diclofenac, ibuprofen (none of this proven yet to work), and we have CRHT2 antagonists like the OC and Ramatroban (we still don't really have definitive proof that any of these two work neither).

I don't know what do they use in lab, but everybody using some kind of "PGD2 inhibitor" is using at least one dose per day, at least. As most of these compounds have a not so long half life, I don't think using any of our "pgd2 inhibitors" once a week is enough.
                                I just watched this video, pretty interested. Disregard the stupid website who is obviously trying to get you to buy it from there.
                                Watch the Derma Roller on The Jeremy Kyle Show. The Derma roller is used live in the studio on deep facial scars. Visit http://www.derma-rollers.com for more...

Also another one here
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtFwCNkCwpA . They say to use it every day.
                                How cool that you can use this every where in the body. It does seem tho however, that if you use it somewhere else than the scalp, you should be using it daily, or at least that's what I read.

It looks as though you have to use it for quite some time, more than I had previously thought, until it turns very red. I still haven't received mine yet, it should arrive Monday next week. Also, has Spencer talked about this sort of this?

So chimera, there is a few people that think that using the Derma roller with a PGD2 at the same time is a good idea?

Comment

Working...