Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pat
    • Jan 2013

About to get my first dermaroller. But, if I'm going to be rolling needles on my head I don't really want a cheaply made one from China. I'm positive that nearly all the ones on Amazon and eBay were just bought in wholesale from Chinese websites for no more than like 60 cents each.

I'm thinking about getting something like this: http://www.fabove.ca/p/hair_loss_tre...le-Roller.html

Has anyone tried a more expensive one in comparison to a cheap one, and noticed a difference?

Also, just got a haircut and it's still just long enough to spike up. At that length, can I dermaroll over my scalp without damaging the hairs?

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
      • Mar 2013

squeegee on hair loss talk reports -getting hair thick as fak

:O

Comment

• bigentries
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LevonHelms
        Did you guys see the Super dude posted pics? Not great quality, but they improve his credibility somewhat. He does have more hair.
        His comparison pics aren't even close enough to show the improvement he is reporting, it's not like he is claiming his hairline moved considerably

Comment

• walrus
          • Feb 2012

Plus any improvement he does have could be from finasteride.

Comment

• KeepHoping
            • Dec 2010

My 5th session will be this upcoming sunday, just started to see a bunch of vellus hairs forming, not sure if this is due to dermarolling or minoxidil but I took baseline pictures and will take more pictures to report anything if there is visible improvement.

Comment

• KeepHoping
              • Dec 2010

Also one more thing to note, I have started to see increased shedding between the 3-4 week mark of starting minoxidil and dermarolling. Just maybe something to mention.

Comment

• whatsgoingon
                • Sep 2013

I read a study, and it basically outlined that it improved absorption from the resulted wound. Which allowed the minoxidil go deeper then it would without the assistance of the 1.5mm indents.

So I guess its how you view it, you view it as wounding and I view it as increased absorption.

Unless there is another study you are referring to? I recently read the one posted on baldingblog by I think dr. Rossman.

Comment

• chimera
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by whatsgoingon
                  I read a study, and it basically outlined that it improved absorption from the resulted wound. Which allowed the minoxidil go deeper then it would without the assistance of the 1.5mm indents.

So I guess its how you view it, you view it as wounding and I view it as increased absorption.

Unless there is another study you are referring to? I recently read the one posted on baldingblog by I think dr. Rossman.
                  Not at all. The study we're following is not about absorption, but about the realease of growth factors during the healing window.

Comment

• Dan26
                    • Jul 2012

I have velus hairs on temple, and having major shed lately. Done 4 sessions, 5th coming soon...I beleive most of us will have a very clear idea by the 7-10th rolling sessions ~~~

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                      • Mar 2013

why all keep comming back for aprove of results?

i know why

beacause mpd made us desperate.

guys it works

we have a study to back it up

period

Comment

• the_dude78
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by whatsgoingon

Are we still going on about absorption? People, read the study! Hellouser linked to it in the very first post of this thread.

Update from me: Tuesday will be my 7th week of rolling, and I think I see some improvements along the hairline. I had vellus hair there to begin with, but they look a little thicker and there seem to be new very, very, tiny, little new ones coming too. It doesn't show on the pictures I take, they are still too tiny. I'm a NW2 hairline wise with diffuse thinning in the front and crown and i've been on fin for about 4 or 5 years. If I see a dramatic improvement I will post pictures.

I also tried capillogain, and I really thought it did something for me, but when I looked at old pictures it turned out it was just wishful thinking and I stopped using it 3 months ago. This time,though, it really looks like something is happening. I have this little red spot in my left temple that used to be covered by hair, but for the past 8 years only vellus hair has been growing there, making the spot very easy to see - but now it is slowly becoming less visible as the hair thickens. So I'm cautiously optimistic

EDIT: Maybe it's week 8...I'm not sure

Comment

• Conpecia
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                          why all keep comming back for aprove of results?

i know why

beacause mpd made us desperate.

guys it works

we have a study to back it up

period
                          yikes

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

I took a different approach today to my dermarolling. I've noticed *some* vellus hair in the temples, but I'm not sure if those are miniaturized hairs from progressive balding or hairs that have grown thicker during my regimen. Therefor, what I did today was:

Dermarolled harshly around the entire scalp but MOSTLY on the hairline drawing enough blood to sort of coat the skin with it. Shortly after this, I showered, getting rid of the blood and shampooing my hair/scalp, this basically exfoliates the skin. After showering I dried my hair (blow dryer) and dermarolled AGAIN. I can say this time though, a lot more blood was coming out. It only took a few short strokes to draw a lot of blood so I didn't dermaroll too much. After this I rinsed my hair with warm water and noticed some blood was dripping mixed with water. I dried my hair AGAIN with a blow dryer (couldnt use towels as there was still some blood left over)... and once dry, I applied Minoxidil around the hairline/temples/corners where most of the blood was apparent. So far? No side effects, no sign of increased heart rate, nothing. I did STING a little applying the minoxidil in the wounded areas, but thats due to the alcohol.

Let's hope this creates some TERMINAL hairs!

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                              • Mar 2013

hellouser hairs will pop out .there is noway of not happening from the way you explain..sounds like you butcher your head....

do you think maybe minox get caught on the hair? i see you didnt buzz the hair...

sides will come ... wait

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                                • Jan 2011

I've used the dermaroller every day since I got it 4 days ago, I don't use it like in the study. I do not use it to draw blood, just enough to redden the skin. So far I see new hairs in the right side of my hairline, similar quick results to what starting dut+rogaine gave me. I will not show pics anymore because i'm really bummed out from what happened last time, when dut/rogaine gave me good results then alopecia areata kicked in and ruined my progress. I just don't care anymore, and don't really care if any one believes me, sorry for the attitude but it's just how I feel about my hair loss at this point. If it works, fine, but I expect AA to ruin everything like it always has.

But yeah, micro needling your head and using minoxidil definitely does bring new hair. I'm sold on this after seeing it with my own eyes on my own hair line.

Comment

Working...