Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westonci
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Boldy
    explain yourself. They still have 0% proof on humans. the fgf9 story is not verified yet.
    Creativity can be learned, and everyone can develop good copy. One Led Inc's Lead Copywriter Brianne Dromey showed us a complete framework on how to ace the process and write unique headlines.

According to this article by boston based Xconomy

They've already grown new hair on human patients, which is a worlds first.

The editor of that article Ben Fidler interviewed Follica co-founder and PureTech (the company thats funded follica) principal Bernat Olle.

Bernat said himself, in hiw own words.

“We’ve been able to consistently show that we create substantial new hair follicles in humans, and that’s something that no other approach in hair loss as far as I am aware has been able to achieve,"

Comment

• Vox
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Westonci
      The editor of that article Ben Fidler interviewed Follica co-founder and PureTech (the company thats funded follica) principal Bernat Olle.

Bernat said himself, in hiw own words.

“We’ve been able to consistently show that we create substantial new hair follicles in humans, and that’s something that no other approach in hair loss as far as I am aware has been able to achieve,"
      Wow, that's a pretty hefty statement. "Consistently" and "substantial" are here the two keywords with much weight. Looks like they really are onto something but for some reason they go into stealth mode. Any guess why is so?

Comment

• Westonci
        • Feb 2010

Follica is a real mystery, Im willing to bet my house and car that they will be the first ones to come out with a real cure for baldness.

They are backed by Penn Medecine and over $20 million in venture capitalist funding.

Cotsarelis, and Sarah Miller are some of the smartest researchers in the world, and the techniques and methods they use in their research make Aderans and Histogen look like childs play. (to be fair when your backed by a Univesity, you get some really bright people and lots of tools)

These guys will crack it, no question about it.

The question is when?

You can download the paper in the link below

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

• john2399
          • Jan 2012

Follica is a real mystery, Im willing to bet my house and car that they will be the first ones to come out with a real cure for baldness.

They are backed by Penn Medecine and over $20 million in venture capitalist funding.

Cotsarelis, and Sarah Miller are some of the smartest researchers in the world, and the techniques and methods they use in their research make Aderans and Histogen look like childs play. (to be fair when your backed by a Univesity, you get some really bright people and lots of tools)

The question is when?

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a8...tary+info..pdf
          Totally agree. Follica has to be the one to crack this.

Comment

• Kiwi
            • Mar 2011

The question is when?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a8...tary+info..pdf
            Are you insane? Follica have grown hair on mice. That's it. What if their technique doesnt work on humans. That would mean Aderans FTW. Follica Epic Fail.

Comment

• Westonci
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Kiwi
              Are you insane? Follica have grown hair on mice. That's it. What if their technique doesnt work on humans. That would mean Aderans FTW. Follica Epic Fail.
              I dont think you've read the article properly.

Comment

• john2399
                • Jan 2012

I dont think you've read the article properly.
                Kiwi is a troll. He has no clue what he is saying.

Comment

• Kiwi
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by john2399
                  Kiwi is a troll. He has no clue what he is saying.
                  Ouch! Okay I'll read the article. But up until today I've seen nothing from Follica except articles written about growing hair on mice.

Also I'm not actually a troll. I've been here telling everybody to relax... actually screw it I'd rather be a troll then a scaremonger and freak everybody out :P

Comment

• walrus
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Kiwi
                    Ouch! Okay I'll read the article. But up until today I've seen nothing from Follica except articles written about growing hair on mice.
                    And the reason for this is that mice are a good model for humans with a well characterised hair cycle.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Regarding trolls, if you're new to this website, I must say I'm rather pleased with the individual who started this thread, if it had been started by someone with 1 post I wouldnt have even opened it. Thanks for clearing the air Westconi.

5* thread.

Comment

• hiilikeyourbeard
                        • Jun 2013

i think the reason follica is so quiet is because they're the ones actually onto something, just waiting to release this shit and blow our ****ing MINDS

Comment

• BoSox
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by hiilikeyourbeard
                          i think the reason follica is so quiet is because they're the ones actually onto something, just waiting to release this shit and blow our ****ing MINDS
                          Exactly.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by hiilikeyourbeard
                            From what I know, they require a device that wounds your scalp in order to get FGF9 to make follicles. Apparently it requires pretty deep wounding and theyre thinking of using lasers. FGF9 is already used in certain products, afaik, which means it doesnt require clinical trials.

Sounds promising

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                              • Mar 2013

deep wounding? like what will be then the distance between fgf9 injections? arent the incisions for the fgf material injection enough in terms of wounding?

where can we learn more on this?

Comment

• TravisB
                                • May 2012

Follica's procedure would have to look like this:

Make a suitable wound that is deep enough (I think a single wound would be similar to FUE punch) -> inject FGF9 in suitable moment into the wound (I guess it would have to be done pretty fast before the healing processes start)-> repeat it thousands of times, because in theory one wound + one injection would create one graft.

So they would have to create some kind of machine that would be doing that fast.

Comment

Working...