Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
    You don't really expect them to find a new investor overnight, do you? They JUST lost their funding.
    Well, what I mean is: if ARI's technology is likely to be successful, they'll find an investor. If not, they'll need to turn to us, desperate baldies.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Arashi
      I don't know man. I'm just a stock trader But I do know something about investments and I do know that all of the big investors and pharma's have research departments with talented people who are much better at deciding whether something is likely to be a success than you and I. The mere fact that ARI can't find an investor in an extremely good investment climate like this, is a very red flag to me.
      I know, especially after two successful clinical trials, no safety issues and a 70%+ response rate.

What's the world coming to eh? People would rather support a feminist vlogger than potentially resolving alopecia.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

Well, what I mean is: if ARI's technology is likely to be successful, they'll find an investor. If not, they'll need to turn to us, desperate baldies.
        So I take it Histogen are also doomed, given that Gail agreed to accept help from the forum.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

I'd agree, but us desperate baldies wont fund it, raising 5-7 million dollars publicly isn't going to be easy. Not sure if the FDA would even allow that. Microtransponder (tinnitus treatment research) declined funding from individuals whos earnings were less than $250,000 in the last year, which basically means, if youre a joe schmoe, you can't pitch in.

Lets just hope they DO get funding.

Comment

• Arashi
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by UK_
            So I take it Histogen are also doomed, given that Gail agreed to accept help from the forum.
            Look mate, I want a cure as much as you do. Possibly even more. But I'm telling you how the investment world works. You don't have to believe me, but I'm not going to throw any money at them if they can't find an investor themselves.

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Look mate, I want a cure as much as you do. Possibly even more. But I'm telling you how the investment world works. You don't have to believe me, but I'm not going to throw any money at them if they can't find an investor themselves.
              I know, God knows how mankind was able to invent before the stock market.

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                I know, God knows how mankind was able to invent before the stock market.
                I know how people like you feel they want to help out and do something. But really, especially in the smaller pharma's there are a lot of crooks. I see it so many times, management paying themselves huges salaries, huge stock options, free shares and whenever their stock has sunken too much, they just reverse split it and keep doing stock emissions. Not saying ARI is like that, I don't know, but I do know that there are people in this world who are much better at making that call than you and I and if they're not convinced, I'm not either.

Comment

• brunobald
                  • Jul 2013

There seems like a lot of experimental members in this forum. Why not start an open source hair treatment, just like the 3d printer, or computer software opensource projets which rely on forum members to do the work and improve the product. The sort of money needed to fund Adreans would go a long way if we did it ourselves. You never know with the right press we might be able to get universitys to donate some PHD's time in the labs.

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Looks like Aderans' website took a hit:

Its a mess... and their IT guy also seemed to get the boot in April:

My god.. how incredibly poorly managed Aderans must have been to be taken to Phase II and then have its funding pulled at the very last Phase... incompetence at its finest. Their product was SUPPOSED TO be available early 2014... a few months from now. These guys failed miserably.

Comment

• JulioGP
                      • Feb 2013

I do not believe in Timeline, unfortunately.

Not wanting to be pessimistic, but these predictions do not work. Whenever we get an excess of expectation and the thing usually takes twice as predicted.

Comment

• Thinning87
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                        Looks like Aderans' website took a hit:

Its a mess... and their IT guy also seemed to get the boot in April:

My god.. how incredibly poorly managed Aderans must have been to be taken to Phase II and then have its funding pulled at the very last Phase... incompetence at its finest. Their product was SUPPOSED TO be available early 2014... a few months from now. These guys failed miserably.
                        It's been like that for a while dude

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

Could care less about this company+product, they never showed positive results.

Just because they are a company working to fight against hairloss doesnt mean we should care when they cant get it together. These guys needed to give up long ago.

I'm far more worried about histogen which has proven efficacy.

Comment

Working...