Histogen's FINAL Phase I/IIa Results (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StayThick
    • Oct 2012

I just started RU hoping to maintain. More importantly, hoping to avoid FIN related sides.

It's my last resort before looking at surgical options with Gho, Nigam, etc. I hate the feeling of the inevitable..the inevitable destiny I have of going completely bald because I have no more efficient options to save my hair.

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Comment

• yan
        • May 2013

Just a short explanation why I think CB could be the next big thing:

+ In terms of efficacy and sides it's looking great so far.
        + Cosmo is a profitable company in their own right so no worries about them going out of business if they meet delays
        + They have a clear timeline which they update half-yearly. IND Jan 14, End of POC 3/31/15.
        + We all know that AA`s work for most. There is not even a doubt if it could work or not. Its not new stuff like Histogen. If they can deliver CB to the hair follicle, thats it. It works.

- They only tested with iontophoresis (electromotive drug administration - a technique using a small electric charge to deliver a medicine or other chemical through the skin) as far as I know. They stated they plan to use an anhydrous 5% solution in the upcoming tests, but will it work? Quote: "CB-03-01 5% anhydrous solution was selected as the candidate drug"
        - Really no sides?

Comment

• vred
          • Feb 2013

So has everyone written off the pure S Equol supplement coming out soon as well?

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by yan
            Just a short explanation why I think CB could be the next big thing:

+ In terms of efficacy and sides it's looking great so far.
            + Cosmo is a profitable company in their own right so no worries about them going out of business if they meet delays
            + They have a clear timeline which they update half-yearly. IND Jan 14, End of POC 3/31/15.
            + We all know that AA`s work for most. There is not even a doubt if it could work or not. Its not new stuff like Histogen. If they can deliver CB to the hair follicle, thats it. It works.

- They only tested with iontopheresis as far as I know. They stated they plan to use an anhydrous 5% solution, but will it work? Quote: "CB-03-01 5% anhydrous solution was selected as the candidate drug"
            - Really no sides?
            The only side effect so far that we know of that COULD be an issue is skin atrophy. But theres so little of CB in a single dosage it may prove safe. This is the only thing that scares me about CB, I don't want my skin to deteriorate.

Comment

• Conpecia
              • Sep 2011

tan + exercise + diet. just gotta accept and move on like the baldies who have come before us. then one day 10 years from now we'll be able to get hair back and it will be a nice bonus.

Comment

• yan
                • May 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                The only side effect so far that we know of that COULD be an issue is skin atrophy. But theres so little of CB in a single dosage it may prove safe. This is the only thing that scares me about CB, I don't want my skin to deteriorate.
                Could this also happen with RU (despite the fact its non-steroidal)? Considering that, its maybe too risky to use that kind of experimental treatments before FDA approval & extensive human trials...

Damn you couldnt even shave your head anymore with deteriorated skin on your head...

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by yan
                  So I assume this side effect could also occur after taking RU? Considering that, its maybe too risky to use that kind of experimental treatments before FDA approval & extensive human trials...

Damn you couldnt even shave your head anymore with deteriorated skin on your head...
                  No, RU is not a steroid. CB is.

I think El Duterino has been on RU for about 4 years with almost no further hair loss. CB is a corticosteroid hence skin atrophy being a potential side effect after prolonged use.

Comment

• yan
                    • May 2013

No, RU is not a steroid. CB is.

I think El Duterino has been on RU for about 4 years with almost no further hair loss. CB is a corticosteroid hence skin atrophy being a potential side effect after prolonged use.
                    Omg and you have to use this probably for many many years. They cant even test the long-term effects on skin in Phase 1, 2 or 3. So to be completely safe, you would have to wait 5-10 years after market entry...

Dude its like I lost my last hope now. After googling, I got the impression that topical steroids always give you sides or harm your skin.

Oh men its all lost, maybe I should drop fin and shave my head. I have like zero hope now for future.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by yan
                      Omg and you have to use this probably for many many years. They cant even test the long-term effects on skin in Phase 1, 2 or 3. So to be completely safe, you would have to wait 5-10 years after market entry...

Dude its like I lost my last hope now. After googling, I got the impression that topical steroids always give you sides or harm your skin.

Oh men its all lost, maybe I should drop fin and shave my head. I have like zero hope now for future.
                      Blame everyone;

- Merck for releasing a terrible drug with serious side effects (this has been on the market for too long and everyone else not doing anything to improve on it)
                      - Society for mocking the follicular challenged and keeping us bald
                      - Pharmaceuticals for not pushing superior alternatives
                      - Dr. Lauster for doing ***** ALL after finding the cure 3 years ago. This guy needs to be held accountable for doing nothing with his findings.
                      - The FDA for holding everyone back
                      - SkinMedica with their stupid lawsuit against Histogen that delayed them by a couple years
                      - Aderans for taking WAY too long.

Comment

• JJJJrS
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
                        tan + exercise + diet. just gotta accept and move on like the baldies who have come before us. then one day 10 years from now we'll be able to get hair back and it will be a nice bonus.
                        Pretty much it. You can only put your life on hold for so long. Focus on improving yourself and making the most of what you have.

Yes, hairloss sucks, especially at a young age, but there's very little you can do about it right now. It's tough accepting something when you know you're not living up to your full potential. But when there's no other options, you have to move on.

I still think it's worth keeping up with the forums periodically to read about the latest developments. I'm sure the next couple of years will bring alot more positive information than the last year or so. But obviously you have to keep it from being compulsive.

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by JJJJrS
                          Pretty much it. You can only put your life on hold for so long. Focus on improving yourself and making the most of what you have.

Yes, hairloss sucks, especially at a young age, but there's very little you can do about it right now. It's tough accepting something when you know you're not living up to your full potential. But when there's no other options, you have to move on.

I still think it's worth keeping up with the forums periodically to read about the latest developments. I'm sure the next couple of years will bring alot more positive information than the last year or so. But obviously you have to keep it from being compulsive.
                          Everyone should be doing that regardless of hair or no hair. There are other ways to find pleasure in life... albeit not finding a woman to share said happiness due to hair loss is a MAJOR *****ing buzz kill.

Comment

• Californication
                            • Mar 2013

Yeah, but hair loss doesn't mean no women. Harder? Definitely. But there are plenty of bald dudes, guys with hair loss who still get the women. Money talks, so does personality.

Comment

• iH8d0ugh
                              • Dec 2012

Could someone tell me a little more about Lauster and what he has done? I have seen this pic a few times on the forums but i can't find any simple explanation for the work he has done

Comment

• bananana
                                Inactive
                                • Feb 2012

Again, we witness forum completely shifting it's perspective from "hallelujah" to "utter doom" in just 1 day. Without even an official press release. Take it easy guys, there are tons of stuff going on, and it's all for the better.

Comment

Working...