Histogen's FINAL Phase I/IIa Results (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pate
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
    topical finasteride reduced serum DHT close to the same as oral...people who get sides from oral fin will still get sides from topical...but topical will be more effective. So topical is only good if you can handle fin....sucks, i know.
    But if it's more effective for a given dose, those sensitive to fin could use a smaller dose for the same effect as 1mg internally.

Which would be good. They might only have to apply 0.2mg for the same effect as 1mg pill, which means less sides.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Pate
      But if it's more effective for a given dose, those sensitive to fin could use a smaller dose for the same effect as 1mg internally.

Which would be good. They might only have to apply 0.2mg for the same effect as 1mg pill, which means less sides.
      Yeah that is true, I hope they have that in mind when they are making it. Hopefully they will produce it like minox....

example: 2% for people with sides on oral fin, or 5% for people who can handle fin.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
        topical finasteride reduced serum DHT close to the same as oral...people who get sides from oral fin will still get sides from topical...but topical will be more effective. So topical is only good if you can handle fin....sucks, i know.
        Why would topical be more effective?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
          Why would topical be more effective?
          scalp dht was reduced by something like 25% more than oral fin.

Comment

• bibz
            • Apr 2013

Dude the next topical fin will give very less sides in comparaison of oral fin, the vehicule used will give a maximum chance for avoid all theses nasty sexuel sides, and with small dose the benefits will be like 1.25mg fin with nearly no side at all, its a very great news to all fin responder but a good news too for ones who get sides from it

Comment

• ryan555
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by bibz
              Dude the next topical fin will give very less sides in comparaison of oral fin, the vehicule used will give a maximum chance for avoid all theses nasty sexuel sides, and with small dose the benefits will be like 1.25mg fin with nearly no side at all, its a very great news to all fin responder but a good news too for ones who get sides from it
              You guys are way too optimistic. The study showed that the serum DHT levels dropped the same as oral fin, meaning it is absorbed through your scalp as if you had swallowed it. The only benefit is that it reduced scalp DHT a little more than oral (25%), probably because its localized to that area. So even if you can reduce the dose by 25% and get the same benefit to hair, I seriously doubt that it is going to make a huge difference for side effects. You think if a guy with bad sides on 1 mg Propecia dropped to .75 mg everything would go away? I seriously doubt that.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ryan555
                You guys are way too optimistic. The study showed that the serum DHT levels dropped the same as oral fin, meaning it is absorbed through your scalp as if you had swallowed it. The only benefit is that it reduced scalp DHT a little more than oral (25%), probably because its localized to that area. So even if you can reduce the dose by 25% and get the same benefit to hair, I seriously doubt that it is going to make a huge difference for side effects. You think if a guy with bad sides on 1 mg Propecia dropped to .75 mg everything would go away? I seriously doubt that.
                no, but a 2% solution could...

I.E. we get the benefits of .2mg oral propecia (which works) and the side effects of practically no propecia

Comment

• bibz
                  • Apr 2013

Was on 1mg fin during one year with horrible side, after several month break i go trought 0,25mg dose, im in since 7 month, no more sides and still effective

Comment

• KO1
                    • Jan 2012

^Yep, some people's sides dissipate with a lower dosage.

Merck's recommended dosage of 1mg is logical, as it will likely give the best response for the most people, but some may need less.

Comment

• ar50
                      • May 2013

So this topical fin has no side effects? and it will come in 1 year?

Comment

• KO1
                        • Jan 2012

^Nobody knows. Fin induces side effect in only a small number of people, and most will not need a topical application of the drug, so I would be skeptical of a company releasing Topical Fin.

Comment

• ar50
                          • May 2013

but you know what it is? I really believe the fact that it induces a small number of people.
                          But what i wonder is why there was such a big news about all these men having permanent erection problems?

I understand nobody knows about the effects of the medicine but does someone know about the possible release date or is date unknown to?

Comment

• KO1
                            • Jan 2012

Most people have no issue with the drug, a small number get sides, an even smaller number get long term sides, that's really all there is to it.

There is no company, that I know of that is working on topical fin. It's only been discussed as a theoretical possibility.

Comment

• rdawg
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ar50
                              but you know what it is? I really believe the fact that it induces a small number of people.
                              But what i wonder is why there was such a big news about all these men having permanent erection problems?

I understand nobody knows about the effects of the medicine but does someone know about the possible release date or is date unknown to?
                              date is unknown, but it wouldnt have to go through the same FDA processes as its already approved right.

I believe doctors can mix and prescribe it now, but someone can correct me on that, I think they have to test it to SOME extent before they can.

Im only curious for it as it may have more efficacy being localised directly to the hair.

Comment

• KO1
                                • Jan 2012

I believe doctors can prescribe it. If you can determine which vehicle to use, you can probably turn it into a solution.

Comment

Working...