Histogen's FINAL Phase I/IIa Results (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scientalk56
    • Nov 2012

We need to interview Dr. Gail Naughton.. Many of our conclusions can be wrong, not precisely correct.. we have many unanswered questions...
    and we need to know more about the temple thing, see pictures..

lets hope for the best

Comment

• MrBlonde
      • Jul 2012

I think there comes a time when people need to face a difficult truth.

Stopping hair loss seems akin to stopping aging, its just not possible. You can use creams and botox and face lifts, or fin and RU and HT's but it will slowly creep up on you.

The best we can hope for is a regime that gives us a decent cosmetic look into our later years 60's+. It will be a constant struggle to maintain and style but thats what we have ahead of us.

Histogen will be part of that process someday I hope.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

It's quite weird, when I use a powerful magnifying mirror and really focus in on my bald areas (what would appear to be slick bald from a distance, such as my temples!!!) I can see a dense population of hundreds of nearly invisible minaturized hairs - and they have been there for well over a decade.

However I do believe, after a very long time there will come a point of no return when these follicles will just be removed by the body permanently.

Comment

• Cob984
          • Sep 2012

This is a bloody joke, i think eventually i will turn to well made unnoticeable hair systems, this is the only way to not have half ass results, but i plan to get this once i settle down with a chick etc, i hope i can hold out till then but its looking very difficult,

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Fml.

Comment

• Thinning87
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by john2399
              Does it matter that the patients were 40+ and thats why the effects wore off ?
              Originally posted by Desmond84
              I doubt it...if that was the case, I'm more than certain they'd be highlighting it! Something along the lines of those in the younger age group kept their new density for the entire 48 week trial!
              i think it definetly does. It'll work better on us.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                • Mar 2013

lets see what aderans is doing guys

Comment

• JDW
                  • Mar 2012

Well on the plus side, it seems that it stops future loss and at least does that job well. It's not going to regrow anything but will be a proven method of keeping what you have got.

Comment

• Conpecia
                    • Sep 2011

stopping baldness isn't going to happen anytime soon. we have to figure out how to multiply or regenerate DHT-resistant hair follicles for transplants. hopefully that can be figured out consistently by nigam or gho by 2015. until then we need to focus on treatments like RU, CB and the new topical fin patent, we need to perfect existing treatments and minimize their sides. all of this Histogen/Replicel/Aderans focus is a waste of emotion and time. 2013 has been a huge, huge letdown as far as those treatments. I for one am moving on from them, focusing on stuff we can actually use now. I'm sick of seeing stuff I cannot use at the top of the thread list day after day.

Comment

• k3nk3n
                      • May 2013

The effect starts to fade out after a certain week, but does that mean it will loss the hair that was gained from the injection? Because if it keeps the hair that was gained from the injection it's still something good

Comment

• burtandernie
                        • Nov 2012

I think something like CB could stop MPB completely. I think we have proof that MPB can be completely stopped if you stop androgens from hair, but I think T needs to be dealt with it might not just be DHT. Stopping androgens completely is tough so the receptor approach might be a better way

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by burtandernie
                          I think something like CB could stop MPB completely. I think we have proof that MPB can be completely stopped if you stop androgens from hair, but I think T needs to be dealt with it might not just be DHT. Stopping androgens completely is tough so the receptor approach might be a better way
                          Just need to find the proper vehicle for CB, how much does it cost btw? to get say a one year's supply?

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
                            Just need to find the proper vehicle for CB, how much does it cost btw? to get say a one year's supply?
                            Approx $200 for 1gram. At 10mg per application it will last you 100 days. So 4grams would be needed for 1 year at a cost of $800.

If you value your hair, thats not a terrible price.

Comment

• rdawg
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                              Approx $200 for 1gram. At 10mg per application it will last you 100 days. So 4grams would be needed for 1 year at a cost of $800.

If you value your hair, thats not a terrible price.
                              depends how good this stuff works, it's purely a maintainer? or can it cause growth(or vellus reinforcement?)

Comment

• UK Boy
                                • Apr 2011

hsc toxicology data

Ok, one thing I don't get is that the same toxicology data was on the 6 month poster that Histogen produced yet nobody mentioned it, everyone was thrilled with Histogen when they released the 6 month data.

Comment

Working...