Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • santos
    • May 2013

Originally posted by Dazza
    Kickstarter.com is also another option for the company. Maybe have some incentives for people who chip in? company updates and direct contact with histogen could be a incentive. One of the issues with these companies is the lack of updates and contact we have. maybe if we chip in we can get monthly updates from gail keeping us constantly up to date. thats worth a donation in itself. If they are getting positive results and can show this with there clinical trial results they will be getting donations left right and center. Spencer could even inform people of the kickstarter on his show. Would make more sense then spencer setting up a paypal account and doing it that way. Kickstarter will get alot more attention.

I like this idea.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
      Well we should then email Gail RE: Kickstarter. She's asking for clarification on how we (the forum) could contribute.

Honestly, a site feature (to Donate) on the forum homepage (preferably Men's Hair Loss section), put in place by the BTT admins once the Kickstarter is in place would be most beneficial.
      Yes please guys email Gail Naughton your suggestions!

She is asking for our help with this! Just look at how much Histogen has done for us - they have fought a war on our behalf - the least we can do is offer some suggestions!

Comment

• rdawg
        • Jun 2012

so can we get them to actually release the results though?

Comment

• Dazza
          • Jun 2012

Remember kickstarter will also reach a bigger demographic of people. This will reach not only men suffering from hairloss tho also women too. The benefits of getting this out to as many people as possible will be huge.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by rdawg
            so can we get them to actually release the results though?
            If Gail has stated more funds will speed up the process of bringing HSC to market then of course yes we will get more information and a lot sooner!

No more waiting 12 - 18 months for an update! All we need to do is email Gail our suggestions, contact Spencer so he can get the ball rolling, it can be done! And the CEO of Histogen wants it done!

I think kickstarter is a great idea, I visited the website and it looks great!! That's been the best suggestion so far!

Comment

• santos
              • May 2013

Getting excited here.. good job! Making a difference to widen and spread the word on something like kickstarter.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                • Jul 2011

startagroupbuy.com

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                  startagroupbuy.com
                  Kickstarter.com
                  startagroupbuy.com

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
                    • Apr 2012

wtf it was you who started talking about "funding problems" and then proceeded to attack posters who questioned your interpretation of things

now you start this thread accusing other people of taking things out of context?

if they do suffer from a lack of funds, which wouldnt surprise me knowing the relatively small amount of money invested into hair loss research, in my view it wouldn't make them (Histogen) look any better by accepting donations of comparative peanuts from an internet forum.

either investors don't believe their treatment will be effective enough or commercially viable. whatever the case Histogen needs to find a way to make themselves more appealing from a financial standpoint

Comment

• garethbale
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin
                      wtf it was you who started talking about "funding problems" and then proceeded to attack posters who questioned your interpretation of things

now you start this thread accusing other people of taking things out of context?

if they do suffer from a lack of funds, which wouldnt surprise me knowing the relatively small amount of money invested into hair loss research, in my view it wouldn't make them (Histogen) look any better by accepting donations of comparative peanuts from an internet forum.

either investors don't believe their treatment will be effective enough or commercially viable. whatever the case Histogen needs to find a way to make themselves more appealing from a financial standpoint

you are right in that Histogen needs to do their bit and look for investors. However if we are able to help, what harm can it do? I'm not sure how large an amount we need before it becomes material, but if this is spread then who knows how much investment can be attracted? If 100 people donate £100 that's £10,000 (whatever that is in dollars) already. Agreed its maybe not a significant sum relative to what might be required but it would still help a lot.

Now if 1000 people were willing to donate....

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                        A lot of you guys have taken the email from Dr Gail Naughton out of context.

Dr Gail Naughton has sent the following email to my friend to inform you that HSC is NOT having funding problems - just that Histogen could move forward faster with MORE FUNDS!

So with surplus funds they could move forward a lot faster. They are not having funding problems, they could just move a lot faster with more income.
                        A) excited by what results?
                        B) is this 'friend' a credible source?

Comment

• clandestine
                          • Aug 2011

This one, post in this one.

Comment

• santos
                            • May 2013

If investors see a modest interest from people.. like a kickstarter to generate interest..maybe they will be more inclined to be partner?

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

We've been through all this, my friend is a credible source, Garethbale even emailed Gail herself and she confirmed everything -

I'm willing to raise my donation from £100 to £300, come on guys, what's the deal? These guys have done so much for us and it seems like you can't even be bothered to donate what you'd spend on a few beers to them.

Has anyone even bothered to email Spencer?

Comment

• UK_
                                • Feb 2011

Thank God for clandestine @please stop bumping the old thread!

Comment

Working...