Hellouser's RU Log (with Minox, CB Nizoral and Saw Palmetto)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doke
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Jcm800
    Cheers doke, yeah I do dribble sometimes, hard to say if it's prostate or not, gp should know tho eh
    hi jc ask to have a pressure test i had to go to a nhs clinic to have mine.

Comment

• Jcm800
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by doke
      hi jc ask to have a pressure test i had to go to a nhs clinic to have mine.
      Thanks doke, too late mate just seen him. I've gotta have a full blood screening, he's not convinced it's prostate, and suggested I wait for results before thinking about fin etc, which is a good move.

Comment

• doke
        • Jun 2009

yes jc a psa test i was lucky my gp knows as well about mpb and when i asked him about finast to dutas he said i could go onto avodart as finast did not help with my mpb.

Comment

• doke
          • Jun 2009

i forgot to say that with prostate problems check your family history as it can run in families cancer that is and even if the psa blood test is normal as you get over 40 finast or avodart may help prevent future prostate problems im not sure about the natural dht products because i was told a few years ago that even if they work you may need to take a lot of the product which maybe not as great as a small dose of 1mg finast and 0.5mg of avodart.

Comment

• Jcm800
            • Jan 2011

Thanks doke, my dad passed away aged 50 sadly, no idea if he suffered prostate issues.

I'm being tested for, thyroid, diabetes, psa, testosterone, quite a few things.

My gp isn't pro hair retention, he has loads himself, git.

But, if my psa is dodgy, and if he needs to put the rubber glove on and check prostate size, maybe if he doesn't suggest Avo, maybe I could.

I'd still be scared taking it mind you.

Comment

• Cob984
              • Sep 2012

someone needs to setup Private messages on this forum
              this is fkin ridiculous

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

Tough, there ain't private messaging and doke has been helping me.

(thanks to everyone else that hasn't moaned, appreciate it)

Comment

• doke
                  • Jun 2009

jc there are things in life that may frighten us but taking a small amount of 0.5mg a day avodart should not be one of them i know there are the anti hair loss drugs guys and the guys talking about experimental drugs that come out of china and yes i own up i have bought various powders from these sources but for one would you rather take a med that has been in use many years and had thousends of people trials before unleashing on the public than taking these experimental untested drugs that we do not know what they may do to humans and thats why the drug companies do the many years trials to give us some peace of mind that they will be fairly safe and we do know that even these can cause some side effects in some of us so nothing is 100%.
                  But for me avodart i take along with silica,biotin and some other vits at the same time every day and hair loss has ceased and i as said before am getting very fine white hairs and some existing hair i had already is turning darker and growing slightly quicker.
                  Also i have changed as said from ordenary minox to lipogaine and i have had some pimples again which i apply hydrocortizone gel to scald before minox once a day at night and thats cured that problem.

Comment

• doke
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Jcm800
                    Thanks doke, my dad passed away aged 50 sadly, no idea if he suffered prostate issues.

I'm being tested for, thyroid, diabetes, psa, testosterone, quite a few things.

My gp isn't pro hair retention, he has loads himself, git.

But, if my psa is dodgy, and if he needs to put the rubber glove on and check prostate size, maybe if he doesn't suggest Avo, maybe I could.

I'd still be scared taking it mind you.
                    sorry to hear about your dad dying so young mine died when he was 64 he worked everyday of his life was in raf in second world war and i can never remember him taking a sick day off work in his life very sad.
                    But anyway you can ask your gp for avodart but be wary of saying its for hair loss as you know its not been reg for that at this time although my gp did look it up in his little drug bible when i mentioned hair loss and it did give some info on hair loss trials.
                    But concentrate more of the dribble and say thay you tried finast and it did not help so please can you let me try avodart if he says no try another gp in the practice as i did have to badger mine to let me try it.

Comment

• Jcm800
                      • Jan 2011

It's okay doke, was a long time ago.. Shame about your dad too, mine was also in RAF but not in ww2.

My GP knows I haven't tried Fin, but I have asked him about it.. He'll sus me out if I ask for Avo I reckon, but if he suspects enlarged prostate then I'll ask him about it I think.

Thanks for your replies mate.

Comment

• nliyan25
                        • Jul 2013

Hair loss

Hey guys,

Just an update, I've been using RU58841 since the end of August and I am still losing about 40 strands of hair after I apply Ru58841. That's actually not bad considering how much I used to shed. However, if I forget to apply it one day, I suffer the next day with increased shedding . When I cut my hair more than a month ago, my hair was thicker. Hopefully, when I get my next hair cut my hair will be even thicker.

Comment

• simba
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by nliyan25
                          Hey guys,

Just an update, I've been using RU58841 since the end of August and I am still losing about 40 strands of hair after I apply Ru58841. That's actually not bad considering how much I used to shed. However, if I forget to apply it one day, I suffer the next day with increased shedding . When I cut my hair more than a month ago, my hair was thicker. Hopefully, when I get my next hair cut my hair will be even thicker.
                          How much have you been using per day?

Comment

• Jazz1
                            Inactive
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by nliyan25
                            Hey guys,

Shedding is a good sign, a guy on hairlosshelp has documented pictures he shed a Lot now you need to see his amazing growth and temple growth from using RU.

Comment

• MrBlonde
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Jazz1
                              Shedding is a good sign, a guy on hairlosshelp has documented pictures he shed a Lot now you need to see his amazing growth and temple growth from using RU.
                              Have you got a link? I ask because I am coming to the end of my second batch of RU and I have lost lots of ground. My crown and temples have lost a lot of hair and what is left is very thin. There is no sign of regrowth.

Comment

• nliyan25
                                • Jul 2013

Ru58841

Simba, I'm using about .9 grams a day. I might start using .75 a day. I used rogaine 5% for a year, and I lost easily at LEAST 100 strands whenever I would apply it and I would apply it twice a day. I never thickened any existing hair or grew back any lost hair outside of some long and super-thin strands (very, very few). RU58841 really does seem to be working, at least based on the first hair cut I had. Hopefully, when I cut my hair this time, I'll notice a bigger difference.

I am also curious as to the proof that shedding is good.
                                Last edited by nliyan25; 12-08-2013, 05:59 PM. Reason: not accurate

Comment

Working...