7th World Congress for Hair Research (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Desmond84
    • Oct 2012

PS. Don't forget that these were HUMAN hair follicles forming in HUMAN skin!

NOT rats / mice !!!!

Very exciting stuff

Comment

• Boldy
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Desmond84
      PS. Don't forget that these were HUMAN hair follicles forming in HUMAN skin!

NOT rats / mice !!!!

Very exciting stuff
      its super interesting indeed !

and do you know what even more nice is?, its possible to culture 10 Dp's for 20-30 weeks, which will give you so much cells, that its possible to cure the whole US army (from nw7 to NW0), and that with just 10 starting cells, after 30 weeks.....

It has been proven, that allogenic cells, will not be refused in the Host scalp/arm. So my cells, can be used for example to treat thousands of other man..

I have read almost every dp culture study out there now, and I cant ****ing wait to give myself a new hairline (nw0 or even a NW negative)..

this is the cure.

Comment

• garethbale
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Boldy
        its super interesting indeed !

and do you know what even more nice is?, its possible to culture 10 Dp's for 20-30 weeks, which will give you so much cells, that its possible to cure the whole US army (from nw7 to NW0), and that with just 10 starting cells, after 30 weeks.....

It has been proven, that allogenic cells, will not be refused in the Host scalp/arm. So my cells, can be used for example to treat thousands of other man..

I have read almost every dp culture study out there now, and I cant ****ing wait to give myself a new hairline (nw0 or even a NW negative)..

this is the cure.
        But will this ever be a reality? I don't want to seem negative, but Desmond said the jahoda experiment was conducted in the 1980s. That's like 25 plus years ago now

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by garethbale
          But will this ever be a reality? I don't want to seem negative, but Desmond said the jahoda experiment was conducted in the 1980s. That's like 25 plus years ago now
          Its not a woman's problem, so no, it will never be a reality. Society doesn't give a fvck about men.

Receding hairline? Bald? Balding? Cue-ball? You just get laughed at and become the recipient of many jokes. And men do it too (I'm *not* blaming women).

Comment

• Thinning87
            • Dec 2012

oh come on!

Comment

• Boldy
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by garethbale
              Of course it is reality!, Everything is possible. being depended of the big companies that fight over money and patents, will indeed delay the process(they dont give a single Fu-ck about our hair its just about they money).if you want something very much, you can get it....

we DO know exactly, (YES EXACTLY) how to culture DP cells, How to Isolate them, how to inject them back, how to check their trychonic activity, etc. everything is step by step explained in more than 50 studies. even a kid can do it (for example).

I have been doing Full time research for the past 3 months on dp cells and on each detail from A to Z. And it made me very angry, because such simple process, had been possible 30 years ago!

I have combined and taken each positive aspect of the studies, including aderans, Replicel, and tsuij- lab) for the best protocol with most yield, the only thing next is, instruct a lab to culture my cells. which is the Next ToDO..

I don't like the Püssy Beta male mindset and believe in: "Everything is possible, if you work hard enough for it! "

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Originally posted by Thinning87
                oh come on!
                Its been possible for 30 years and it hasnt been made a reality. It gets little attention just like prostate cancer, the awareness for that is relegated to a MONTH where as all other womens issue are constantly pushed to the public.

30 years dude.

What a disgrace and failure.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                  • Jan 2011

Yes! Woo hoo! Can't wait, OMG! NW1, here we come, 2030 baby! It's going to happen guys, I can feel it, 2030. 40 year old's with NW1's!

Comment

• Boldy
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                    Yes! Woo hoo! Can't wait, OMG! NW1, here we come, 2030 baby! It's going to happen guys, I can feel it, 2030. 40 year old's with NW1's!

Beta male Mindset.

Comment

• clandestine
                      • Aug 2011

Enough with the negativity. This is exciting.

I know we can at times be guarded regarding the progression of future treatments; we've been burned before. But this is legitimately exciting.

Let yourselves go a bit, fellas. Let your hair down.

Comment

• clandestine
                        • Aug 2011

It's all about the money, and there's money to be made. Unfathomable amounts. Boldy's right. Companies want to dip their fat *****ing fingers in it, and that's good for us.

Comment

• clandestine
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Desmond84
                          OK guys, I have now found the MOST FASCINATING presentation to look forward to at this year's Hair Research Congress!

Plz note, this is MOST probably where Aderans fell short at regenerating new hair follicles!

As some of you may know Prof. Jahoda is the king of Dermal Papillae (DP) cells! He implanted DP cells from his scalp into his arm and his wife's forearm and got hairs growing within 2 weeks back in 1980's!!!

Anyways, it seems like him and his crew finally cracked how to get DP cells to induce hair follicle formation!

2011 was the year of Lauser. 2012 was Tsuji and 2013 seems to be JAHODAAA

Here's the abstract to this fascinating study:

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

HUMAN hair follicle neogenesis using microenvironmentally reprogrammed dermal papilla cells

C Higgins,C Jahoda and A Christiano
                          Durham, Durham, United Kingdom and Dermatology, Columbia, NYC, NY

Hair follicle (HF) neogenesis refers to the generation of an entirely new HF in recipient skin using HF dermal papilla (DP) cells. This has been extensively demonstrated in rodent skin, either using intact DP, or cultured DP cells. In stark contrast, however, HF neogenesis in human skin has not
                          previously been achieved using human cells. We previously performed global transcriptional profiling of both intact and cultured DP cells using the Affymetrix U133 Plus 2.0 array, which revealed several pathways expressed in intact DP, which are capable of neogenesis, but absent in cultured cells, that lack the potential to induce de novo HF growth. We postulated that one approach to restoring the 3D microenvironmental and anatomical context of intact DP is to grow the cells in hanging drops, which results in the formation of DP spheroids. We then profiled DP spheroids for changes in gene expression, and determined that the average correlation coefficient between the transcriptomes of intact DP vs cultured cells is 0.42 while between intact DP vs spheroids it is 0.56, which equates to a significant restoration of an intact DP signature by 3D culture.

To evaluate if recapitulation of the DP signature equated to a restored inductive potential, we established a contextual human-to-human HF neogenesis assay that could be used to assess the inductive capacity of human DP cells in human skin. When we micro-implanted DP spheroids into recombined foreskins placed onto the back of SCID mice, we observed dramatic HF neogenesis by 6 weeks.

HFs grew down into the dermis and produced hair fibers, showing for the first time that intact human DP can induce a de novo human HF. Thus, we show that the inductive potential of human DP cells can be restored by growth in spheroids, which can induce entirely new HFs in human skin. We conclude that the partial restoration of the transcriptional profile in human DP cells, achieved simply by growing the cells in a 3D spherical microenvironment, is sufficient in some instances to restore the inductive capacity of DP cell cultures and elicit complete human HF neogenesis.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

I really wish we had a forum member there to record this talk and ask some questions...

Btw, to all the naysayers Read this study and cheer up guys
                          I don't want this to get lost, so I'm quoting it.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
                            It's all about the money, and there's money to be made. Unfathomable amounts. Boldy's right. Companies want to dip their fat *****ing fingers in it, and that's good for us.
                            Ok, so why wasnt anyone banking on it 30 years ago??

Comment

• Conpecia
                              • Sep 2011

I'm not sure I read the excerpt correctly: Does it not say that they used mice in the assay? I see they claim human HF in human skin but I'm missing language that states they actually implanted the spheroids in men not mice...

And man, this seems like it's still 20 years away if you start thinking clinical trials and timelines, safety testing, commercialization. I agree with Patiently, it's a Pyrrhic victory. Let me ask a question: Would you take an NW0 right now in exchange for the face and body of someone 20 years older? I sure as hell wouldn't. But that seems like what we're gonna be getting. And even worse, that trade would still be favorable from a pure hairloss perspective because we wouldn't have to go through 20 years of suffering. There's just no way out. Unless you go balls to the wall with HT's and meds, if you're between 18 and 30 it seems like you're going to be losing the hairloss battle throughout the prime of your life. We'll be cured at the expense of youth.

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
                                I'm not sure I read the excerpt correctly: Does it not say that they used mice in the assay? I see they claim human HF in human skin but I'm missing language that states they actually implanted the spheroids in men not mice...

And man, this seems like it's still 20 years away if you start thinking clinical trials and timelines, safety testing, commercialization. I agree with Patiently, it's a Pyrrhic victory. Let me ask a question: Would you take an NW0 right now in exchange for the face and body of someone 20 years older? I sure as hell wouldn't. But that seems like what we're gonna be getting. And even worse, that trade would still be favorable from a pure hairloss perspective because we wouldn't have to go through 20 years of suffering. There's just no way out. Unless you go balls to the wall with HT's and meds, if you're between 18 and 30 it seems like you're going to be losing the hairloss battle throughout the prime of your life. We'll be cured at the expense of youth.
                                Hit the nail on the head.

Everytime theres a cure on the horizon, it takes 10+ years for it to even be available. But by then everyone that's been suffering has already gone completely bald and not a single shit is given and we're stuck with the next crop of great men completely destroyed by this disease.

I think theres more to the story than just money, because the supply of balding men is endless.

Comment

Working...