7th World Congress for Hair Research (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john2399
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by LongWayHome
    HAHAHA WOW this is a good one!
    If it was him in the picture then why would he be here in the first place?
    Anyway Desmond, yea, Benjamin was a GREAT character too, very good actor.

Now to the subject:
    2016 sounds too good to be true, and 2020 seems like something that can happen with all the players we have now. Now... think about the future players, it's not over yet. Every few months some new company gets in the playground, we have the forums experiments, and companies like Keratene or CG210 or Capillogain, that for now seem like crap but who knows if other companies are on to something and gonna make it to the market sooner or later. Everyone knows that the one who gets into something new that is even a little bit better than minoxidil, will be rich.
    Their goal is to get something that will be stunning in results.
    The thing here is, of course, the time.
    Why is 2016 too good to be true? Why does everyone think they have inside information of the release dates. These 2020 dates make all of us sick because we were all be bald by then. Anything can happen in these next couple of years...

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by john2399
      Why is 2016 too good to be true? Why does everyone think they have inside information of the release dates. These 2020 dates make all of us sick because we will all be bald by then. Anything can happen in these next couple of years...
      I won't be!

Comment

• john2399
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
        I won't be!
        oh you will be!

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

oh you will be!
          Not with my regimen;

RU @ 100mg/1ml - Once daily
          Minox @ 5%/1.5ml - Once daily
          CB @ 15mg/1.5ml - Once daily
          Nizoral @ 2% - 3x/weekly
          Saw Palmetto @ 160-550mg - Once daily

Not going to happen and won't let it happen either. I only need one visit with Dr Gho to fix my hairline and i'm back down to about NW1-1.5'ish. Not so much concerned about density as it isn't that bad and already thicker due to regimen.

Soon to add BNP-32 and god knows what kind of results I may get.

Youre supposed to get on a treatment NOW before the full cure comes along rather being pissed/depressed or logically handicapped like koolx. You hang on to what you have, lessen the need for more grafts in the future thus making any future procedure simpler.

Thank god I'm only around a NW3 with only the temples being gone (hairline has receded by 1cm in 10 years). But like I said, I won't let myself go completely bald.

Comment

• john2399
            • Jan 2012

Not with my regimen;

RU @ 100mg/1ml - Once daily
            Minox @ 5%/1.5ml - Once daily
            CB @ 15mg/1.5ml - Once daily
            Nizoral @ 2% - 3x/weekly
            Saw Palmetto @ 160-550mg - Once daily

Not going to happen and won't let it happen either. I only need one visit with Dr Gho to fix my hairline and i'm back down to about NW1-1.5'ish. Not so much concerned about density as it isn't that bad and already thicker due to regimen.

Soon to add BNP-32 and god knows what kind of results I may get.

Youre supposed to get on a treatment NOW before the full cure comes along rather being pissed/depressed or logically handicapped like koolx. You hang on to what you have, lessen the need for more grafts in the future thus making any future procedure simpler.

Thank god I'm only around a NW3 with only the temples being gone (hairline has receded by 1cm in 10 years). But like I said, I won't let myself go completely bald.
            how much does that regimen cost ya? im on propecia and minox but its quite expensive.

Comment

• Jairus
              • Feb 2012

Hellouser - are u DEFO sure RU works and has very little sides?

Im thinking of getting on it if the Keratene pills don't work, but there has been a fair bit of speculation.

What results have u seen whilst on it?

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

how much does that regimen cost ya? im on propecia and minox but its quite expensive.
                RU costs $225/10g which at 100mg/day lasts me about 3 months.
                CB costs between $130-$225/1g which at 15mg/1.5ml lasts me about 2 months.

Minox is cheap as hell, Kirkland's 5% off ebay costs about $20 and 3 bottles last me at least 4 months.

Saw Palmetto is also cheap, about $12 per 60 capsules (so lasts 2 months)

Nizoral costs me about $15 for 175ml but I don't use much, only 3 times a week and lasts me 3+ months. Per year, I'd say its is upwards of $1,000 but if it means I keep my hair, I won't hesitate for a second to pay the price.

Comment

• MrBlonde
                  • Jul 2012

Hellouser, what sides do you get?

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Jairus
                    Hellouser - are u DEFO sure RU works and has very little sides?

Im thinking of getting on it if the Keratene pills don't work, but there has been a fair bit of speculation.

What results have u seen whilst on it?
                    Only sides I've got from being on my regimen are most likely from Saw Palmetto, which is a lowered libido. Though I can't be sure its cuz of Saw Palmetto either as my social and sex life has been unstable (basically I'm either at home or at work, no time for anything else or even to think about anything else).

RU hasn't given me any sides and neither has CB. Minox only makes my scalp itchy as hell (though its been greatly reduced since about 1 month ago) and the god damn FLAKES that come out of my hair, looks like it SNOWS sometimes. Its pretty bad at times so I try to limit the use of Minox. It hasn't been so bad in the last few weeks (perhaps the addition of CB had something to do with it).

Results?

Well, I switched from 2% Minox to 5% in December and started seeing massive shedding, so much so that my density was visible thinner (friend commented on it). I added 100mg of RU per 1ml in February and now that were in April and just got my haircut, things look significantly better. My hair isn't DENSE by any means, but noone can tell im thinning either unless looking pretty closely. However, my hairline has receded by 1cm since I starting MPB about 10 years ago and my temples are gone. Thus making me about a NW3 with some thinning but not very noticeable.

I'm curious to see how the group buy trials are going to go with BNP-32, from the small clinical trial, pretty much all the patients saw at least a significant change in density and growth in slick bald areas. I'm hoping it can regrow my temples and push back down my hairline by at least half a centimetre. If not, I'm going in for a procedure with Gho and getting at least 1,600 grafts but going to push for whatever is necessary to bring me back down to NW1-1.5 (should be around 2-2,500 grafts).

Comment

• Kirby_
                      • Jan 2012

I'm very curious to see how the BNP-32 trial does too, just hope the testers know what they are doing with this one...

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
                        I'm very curious to see how the BNP-32 trial does too, just hope the testers know what they are doing with this one...
                        Theres a group buy that just finished and some guys will be giving it a go soon. Lets hope it;

a) works
                        b) is safe

BNP-32 already exists in your body and many people inject it (Nesiritide). It should be relatively safe. All the test patience used in the clinical trial were old with most likely poor health. Us younger guys should be good.

Comment

• clandestine
                          • Aug 2011

Theres a group buy that just finished and some guys will be giving it a go soon. Lets hope it;

a) works
                          b) is safe

BNP-32 already exists in your body and many people inject it (Nesiritide). It should be relatively safe. All the test patience used in the clinical trial were old with most likely poor health. Us younger guys should be good.
                          I can't find it at the moment, but I think Desmond cautioned us in some thread regarding BNP and its potential sides?

edit:
                          post;
                          Here is a clip from the patent. We have the full study @ PHG with all the pics from the study. BNP and CNP gel grew thick terminal hair in just weeks! join our discussions on the latest hairloss treatments, just PM lilpauly. OR you can look at the trx2 thread on here for the 800,000th time.... 57] As is clear from the case

thread, posted by knockin';
                          Here is a clip from the patent. We have the full study @ PHG with all the pics from the study. BNP and CNP gel grew thick terminal hair in just weeks! join our discussions on the latest hairloss treatments, just PM lilpauly. OR you can look at the trx2 thread on here for the 800,000th time.... 57] As is clear from the case

Comment

• Cookie
                            • Mar 2013

Does hair cloning cause cancer? Anyone medical expert here know? Sorry if I sound discouraging, but I'm very curious.

Comment

• stayhopeful
                              • Feb 2013

Dude. Let's see if it even works in the first place. But don't worry, if a treatment makes it through regulation hurdles, there is a extremely low probability it is harmful

Comment

• Desmond84
                                • Oct 2012

OK guys, I have now found the MOST FASCINATING presentation to look forward to at this year's Hair Research Congress!

Plz note, this is MOST probably where Aderans fell short at regenerating new hair follicles!

As some of you may know Prof. Jahoda is the king of Dermal Papillae (DP) cells! He implanted DP cells from his scalp into his arm and his wife's forearm and got hairs growing within 2 weeks back in 1980's!!!

Anyways, it seems like him and his crew finally cracked how to get DP cells to induce hair follicle formation!

2011 was the year of Lauser. 2012 was Tsuji and 2013 seems to be JAHODAAA

Here's the abstract to this fascinating study:

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

HUMAN hair follicle neogenesis using microenvironmentally reprogrammed dermal papilla cells

C Higgins,C Jahoda and A Christiano
                                Durham, Durham, United Kingdom and Dermatology, Columbia, NYC, NY

Hair follicle (HF) neogenesis refers to the generation of an entirely new HF in recipient skin using HF dermal papilla (DP) cells. This has been extensively demonstrated in rodent skin, either using intact DP, or cultured DP cells. In stark contrast, however, HF neogenesis in human skin has not
                                previously been achieved using human cells. We previously performed global transcriptional profiling of both intact and cultured DP cells using the Affymetrix U133 Plus 2.0 array, which revealed several pathways expressed in intact DP, which are capable of neogenesis, but absent in cultured cells, that lack the potential to induce de novo HF growth. We postulated that one approach to restoring the 3D microenvironmental and anatomical context of intact DP is to grow the cells in hanging drops, which results in the formation of DP spheroids. We then profiled DP spheroids for changes in gene expression, and determined that the average correlation coefficient between the transcriptomes of intact DP vs cultured cells is 0.42 while between intact DP vs spheroids it is 0.56, which equates to a significant restoration of an intact DP signature by 3D culture.

To evaluate if recapitulation of the DP signature equated to a restored inductive potential, we established a contextual human-to-human HF neogenesis assay that could be used to assess the inductive capacity of human DP cells in human skin. When we micro-implanted DP spheroids into recombined foreskins placed onto the back of SCID mice, we observed dramatic HF neogenesis by 6 weeks.

HFs grew down into the dermis and produced hair fibers, showing for the first time that intact human DP can induce a de novo human HF. Thus, we show that the inductive potential of human DP cells can be restored by growth in spheroids, which can induce entirely new HFs in human skin. We conclude that the partial restoration of the transcriptional profile in human DP cells, achieved simply by growing the cells in a 3D spherical microenvironment, is sufficient in some instances to restore the inductive capacity of DP cell cultures and elicit complete human HF neogenesis.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

I really wish we had a forum member there to record this talk and ask some questions...

Btw, to all the naysayers Read this study and cheer up guys

Comment

Working...