7th World Congress for Hair Research (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Good news. That's quite the update, Desmond. New treatments couldn't come soon enough, really.

A lot of those talks sound interesting. Lets hope talk breeds action and implementatiom, in these cases..

Comment

• Nerve
      • Nov 2012

Desmond is the only place to find info. He needs a radio show.

Comment

• Shan
        • Feb 2013

Thanks for the update, maybe spencer kobren could fit Desmond in every month or so

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

+1 Agreed,

The viewer call-ins are tired dialogue. We need guests like Desmond with relevant information concerning future treatments to keep the show interesting.

Comment

• JDW
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Desmond84
            Hey guys,

I've got more exciting news for you guys! 2013 seems to be the year for hairloss! These are some of the other presenters we haven't mentioned yet:

1) Aderans: Dr X Wu will be presenting at the Hair Research Congress (May 5th) AND Prof Kurt Stenn at the International Investigative Dermatology (May 9th) regarding Aderans Ji Gami method. Sounds like they've got something to share!

2) Aderans: Dr Xu will also do another presentation regarding Aderans' recent discovery that: "Human scalp derived fibroblasts are multipotent and trichogenic".

3) Dr Young Wang Sung: will provide an update on the current state of the art dermal papilla culture systems.

4) Tsuji Labs: Dr Toyoshima from Japan will be presenting regarding their breakthroughs last year! He might even give an update on where they are now Title of his presentation is: Fully functional hair follicle regeneration through the rearrangement of stem cells and their niches.

5) University of Pennsylvania: Dr Thangapazham will be presenting his works with Dr Cotsarelis regarding "Enhancing hair follicle neogenesis in bioengineered human skin substitutes".

6) Columbia University (NY): Dr Higgins will be presentating their findings which involved "Human hair follicle neogenesis using microenvironmentally reprogrammed dermal papilla cells"

7) Shantou University (China):
            Dr Lin and co from Shantou university have discovered a "Calcium microcapsule, which could act as a scaffold for building artificial dermal papillae". (The scaffolding is the key to true follicular neogenesis!) He will also present another lecture on: "New development in unlimited hair follicle transplant"!!! What on earth is this about LOL

8) Mount Sinai School of Medicine: Dr Clavel has found a way to Reprogram regular skin fibroblasts into hair inducing dermal papilla cells"! Very cool

There are still some presentations I haven't had a chance to read! If I come across anything exciting I'll let you know

We are now exactly 14 days away from the first batch of these presentations.

These sound very exciting and all point to the fact that we are getting closer and closer to true hair multiplication! There are 100s of researchers working on different angles of tackling this problem! Not giving up and staying positive is the key! To 2020
            Great job that man, thanks

Comment

• LongWayHome
              • Nov 2012

Thank you Desmond, you were my favorite in Lost, and definitely on this forum.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                • Jan 2011

I thought Desmond was his real first name and that was actually him in his avatar lol.

Comment

• stayhopeful
                  • Feb 2013

Woaaah Desmond this is awesome, thank you!!!

But where is the source for all this info? And more importantly, how many of these items will be presented at the 14 day mark you speak of? or in the next month for that matter...

thanks again for your immense contributions to the forum, you know how much we all appreciate it

Originally posted by Desmond84
                  Hey guys,

I've got more exciting news for you guys! 2013 seems to be the year for hairloss! These are some of the other presenters we haven't mentioned yet:

1) Aderans: Dr X Wu will be presenting at the Hair Research Congress (May 5th) AND Prof Kurt Stenn at the International Investigative Dermatology (May 9th) regarding Aderans Ji Gami method. Sounds like they've got something to share!

2) Aderans: Dr Xu will also do another presentation regarding Aderans' recent discovery that: "Human scalp derived fibroblasts are multipotent and trichogenic".

3) Dr Young Wang Sung: will provide an update on the current state of the art dermal papilla culture systems.

4) Tsuji Labs: Dr Toyoshima from Japan will be presenting regarding their breakthroughs last year! He might even give an update on where they are now Title of his presentation is: Fully functional hair follicle regeneration through the rearrangement of stem cells and their niches.

5) University of Pennsylvania: Dr Thangapazham will be presenting his works with Dr Cotsarelis regarding "Enhancing hair follicle neogenesis in bioengineered human skin substitutes".

6) Columbia University (NY): Dr Higgins will be presentating their findings which involved "Human hair follicle neogenesis using microenvironmentally reprogrammed dermal papilla cells"

7) Shantou University (China):
                  Dr Lin and co from Shantou university have discovered a "Calcium microcapsule, which could act as a scaffold for building artificial dermal papillae". (The scaffolding is the key to true follicular neogenesis!) He will also present another lecture on: "New development in unlimited hair follicle transplant"!!! What on earth is this about LOL

8) Mount Sinai School of Medicine: Dr Clavel has found a way to Reprogram regular skin fibroblasts into hair inducing dermal papilla cells"! Very cool

There are still some presentations I haven't had a chance to read! If I come across anything exciting I'll let you know

We are now exactly 14 days away from the first batch of these presentations.

These sound very exciting and all point to the fact that we are getting closer and closer to true hair multiplication! There are 100s of researchers working on different angles of tackling this problem! Not giving up and staying positive is the key! To 2020

Comment

• Shan
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by clandestine
                    +1 Agreed,

The viewer call-ins are tired dialogue. We need guests like Desmond with relevant information concerning future treatments to keep the show interesting.
                    It would be a better show if we had updates every week or month at the beginning of the show.

Comment

• Conpecia
                      • Sep 2011

Man, guess I wasn't up to date on these timelines. I really thought we'd be getting access to one of these treatments in Asia in 2014-15, then FDA approval for 2015-2016. Now we've got 2017 and beyond with 2020 being "the year." Sucks because when I first discovered this forum in 2010 there was no doubt we'd see something by 2013 and would probably be cured by Replicel by 2015. Looks like I better start saving for a HT, no chance I'll make it 7 more years...

Comment

• ANW
                        • Apr 2013

well assuming these possible treatments are all destined to hit the market in their current form then
                        2014 impossible
                        2015 possible
                        2016 likely
                        if Aderans Phase 3 (US), Histogen Phase 2b/3 (Asia), Replicel Phase 2b/3 (Non western jurisdiction) commence this year

Comment

• Thinning87
                          • Dec 2012

Relax

Busy Saturday afternoon here on BTT, you've all made enough predictions but I hate to remind you that posting subjective comments on when you think the new products will come out based on conjectures does not make them come out sooner - so go out and enjoy your Saturday night, have some fun, and take this goddamn hair loss thing out of your mind for at least a few hours because there's nothing we can do until we will (hopefully) know more in two weeks.

Comment

• Desmond84
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by LongWayHome
                            Thank you Desmond, you were my favorite in Lost, and definitely on this forum.
                            ROFL, thx man I miss Lost. How about Benjamin Linus! That dude was epic!

Originally posted by stayhopeful
                            Woaaah Desmond this is awesome, thank you!!!

But where is the source for all this info? And more importantly, how many of these items will be presented at the 14 day mark you speak of? or in the next month for that matter...
                            The congress website finally uploaded the program listings yesterday! Here's the link

Originally posted by Shan
                            It would be a better show if we had updates every week or month at the beginning of the show.
                            Guys you rock for suggesting that! I quite like the forum anyways...Believe me if there is any news, you'll know about it with hours

Originally posted by Conpecia
                            Man, guess I wasn't up to date on these timelines. I really thought we'd be getting access to one of these treatments in Asia in 2014-15, then FDA approval for 2015-2016. Now we've got 2017 and beyond with 2020 being "the year." Sucks because when I first discovered this forum in 2010 there was no doubt we'd see something by 2013 and would probably be cured by Replicel by 2015. Looks like I better start saving for a HT, no chance I'll make it 7 more years...
                            Yeah it's a shame! 2013 timeline was correct for Histogen though! They got sued and had to stop everything for over 18 months to fund the battle! Oh well, I guess in life nothing comes easy!

Replicel is a whole different story! They have a great marketing team! LOL...

I suppose the reason why I keep mentioning the 2020 timeline is to make sure ppl grasp the reality of it! Aderans took 11 years to get to where they are today (which is still questionable). We shouldn't expect much more from Tsuji or Lauster! Trials take a long time and proof of concept and animal studies are highly dependent on what is state of the art at that point in time!

For example, Aderans & Intercytex worked for over 7 years to come up with a way to multiply DP cells! Finally in 2009 Intercytex cracked it! If you look at journals published in the last 12 months over 14 research labs have managed to do the same thing! it's a piece of cake now!

It's better to know the truth and find a way to cope then tp have false hopes and constantly get disappointed!

Comment

• stayhopeful
                              • Feb 2013

Anyone who claims this is the same thing as 2010 is delusional! It's in fact stunning how many more players are in the race and how much more we know now than then! As for the 2020 prediction, I say we all stay tight lipped until the forthcoming announcements. I will say this, though: I certainly believe a late 2016 release is plausible IF aderans or histogen come through and announce phase iii. Seems too good to be true though

Comment

• LongWayHome
                                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                                I thought Desmond was his real first name and that was actually him in his avatar lol.
                                HAHAHA WOW this is a good one!
                                If it was him in the picture then why would he be here in the first place?
                                Anyway Desmond, yea, Benjamin was a GREAT character too, very good actor.

Now to the subject:
                                2016 sounds too good to be true, and 2020 seems like something that can happen with all the players we have now. Now... think about the future players, it's not over yet. Every few months some new company gets in the playground, we have the forums experiments, and companies like Keratene or CG210 or Capillogain, that for now seem like crap but who knows if other companies are on to something and gonna make it to the market sooner or later. Everyone knows that the one who gets into something new that is even a little bit better than minoxidil, will be rich.
                                Their goal is to get something that will be stunning in results.
                                The thing here is, of course, the time.

Comment

Working...