7th World Congress for Hair Research (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

It looks like a one-shot minoxidil that can last up to 2 years and probably a little longer - I feel it has the ability to regenerate hairs that are so minaturized they can hardly be viewed by the human eye.

Still need to know if this is generating new hair follicles though, the fact that Histogen are documenting higher density than hair counts make sense, but what happened to those new hairs that fall into the new hair count? Are these completely new follicles or simply hair that was so minaturized it was unable to be deteced before the injections?

Your guess is as good as mine, but it would be interesting to hear some scientific views to the above questions.

As a side, these are the questions we need professionals like Dr Nigam and Dr Jonathan Mansbridge to help the hair loss community in understanding.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
      I'm under no illusion that my hairloss journey is probably going to include both more transplants and Histogen.

Histogen will bring back some hair and help me keep what I've got and transplants will fill in some of the bald beyond repair areas.
      This is why im seriously considering finasteride, although something about the side effects of the drug keeps stopping me from diving in.

Comment

• Artista
        • Apr 2010

Winston, thank you for clarifying Desmond's issue and status.

Comment

• Tomb10
          • May 2013

So if histogen comes successfully on the market, you can get a treat of histogen instead of taking propecia to protect your hear?

Comment

• drnigams
            • Nov 2012

Kindly find below the Histogen presentation at WCHR 2013, Edinburg 2013 sent to me by their corporate communication.

I am not aware what results have they published in Oct 2012 and are these results any different from 2012 presentation or no?

Hopefully I & Jonathan Mansbridge, (Chief Scientific Officer, Histogen) will be speaking on phone this week and see what best I can come out with for my hair loss community friends for the earliest access, once I am convince with their results in person.

click below link for enlarge image

Comment

• Arashi
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by drnigams
              Kindly find below the Histogen presentation at WCHR 2013, Edinburg 2013 sent to me by their corporate communication.

I am not aware what results have they published in Oct 2012 and are these results any different from 2012 presentation or no?
              These are just the 12 weeks preliminary results of their Phase I/II trial. It seems they still haven't posted the final results.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                • Aug 2012

And now we play the waiting game...

As always...

Comment

• TravisB
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald

As always...
                  Yeah the feeling that we can't do anything to speed things up is the worst.

We can just wait and hope for their awesome results.

Arsenal against MPB is very limited and not too effective - Minox, Fin and Dut (but it's more for desperates)

Comment

• Pentarou
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by UK_
                    It looks like a one-shot minoxidil that can last up to 2 years and probably a little longer
                    Sounds better than that, from what we know. More growth than theoretically possible with minox, plus we don't know yet how long the re-grown hair can last - who knows if it could be kept indefinitely with a maintenance regimen? AFAIK that hasn't been ruled out as a possibility yet.

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald

As always...
                      The 'waiting game' is going to take 7-8 years at least. Aderans, Replicel, Histogen, they're all just temp solutions anyway. We'll have to wait for a real cure like Team Tokyo's to really solve the hairloss problems. But there's things you can do meanwhile. If you have money you could get a HST for example. Or if you don't have money for that you could start experimenting with things like RU or other medication, quite some people are reporting good results. Hopefully Aderans, Replicel and/or Histogen are going to be enough to bridge the gap to a real cure, but man, the waiting game is far from over ...

Comment

• Pentarou
                        • Apr 2013

Any bridge is better than the one we are currently all sat on...

Comment

• Scientalk56
                          • Nov 2012

I do believe in Histogen, but not in their timeline. We're near the end of june, and still no news about its next phase or the phase i/ii results.
                          i don't think they will start their next phase 2 before the end of this year.
                          in this case, we won't see histogen before 2017
                          Phase 2b - January 2014- January 2015
                          phase 3 - June 2015 or January 2016 - June 2016 or January 2017
                          well...

Comment

• Kiwi
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Scientalk56
                            I do believe in Histogen, but not in their timeline. We're near the end of june, and still no news about its next phase or the phase i/ii results.
                            i don't think they will start their next phase 2 before the end of this year.
                            in this case, we won't see histogen before 2017
                            Phase 2b - January 2014- January 2015
                            phase 3 - June 2015 or January 2016 - June 2016 or January 2017
                            well...
                            Well what Mr noob with 35 posts? You don't have a clue and you're speculating in a certain direction. I could equally speculate that its going to be ready in asia next year.

We'd both be guessing. Not trying to be mean but seriously... you don't know jack diddley.

Comment

• Arashi
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Kiwi
                              Well what Mr noob with 35 posts? You don't have a clue and you're speculating in a certain direction. I could equally speculate that its going to be ready in asia next year.

We'd both be guessing. Not trying to be mean but seriously... you don't know jack diddley.
                              Agreed Kiwi. For all we know, they might present final phase I/II results next week, announce the start of phase 2b within 3 months and have their product available in Asia next year. We just don't know and all we can do is guess.

Comment

• rdawg
                                • Jun 2012

well they essentially just need funding/licencsing i believe in order to get to phase IIb, or at least that's my understanding.

the actual startup shouldnt take more than a month or so, they don't need that many patients like with phase III.

Sooner they start the better, and I hope they are pushing to get to it ASAP.

Comment

Working...